Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Perfection.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Orlando & his fan pandering is gonna get him in so much trouble.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

aww, love Orlando
Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Orlando just gave us another possible thread title: "[Their] kind of love is legendary."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautica7mk (View Post)
The show has been very iffy about aging from the getgo. Witches and Warlocks are seemingly immortal while they're still susceptible to mortal wounds. Or is the prolonged life something they did to themselves in order survive long enough to help with the war. It's not just an issue with Jeremy. Ichabod's and Katrina's survival was cleanly explained. Everyone else though, it's all a big mystery.
True. I wondered about the witches from Katrina's coven when The Golem episode aired, but I could brush that aside because they didn't have significant roles. Jeremy is a significant character and his story arc is based on his aging, though, so they need to address it like they did for Katrina and Ichabod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
They may be able to come up with a loose reasoning as to why Jeremy aged slowly. Katrina would likely have taken great care to put a preservation spell on Ichabod. Essentially freezing him, so that he could pick up right where he left off when the battle resumed. Her coven, however, wouldn't have taken such care with Jeremy. They just wanted him stopped. So they stopped his heart - - any normal person, that probably would have been enough. But with Jeremy's great power, he was able to endure...aging slower than a normal person, but still alive/functioning, thus aging.

Or maybe it had something to do with the priest's rosary beads? She used them when putting the spell on Ichabod, and they also may have kept the priest from aging over time.
Either one of these ideas could explain it. I am starting to think it was a different spell than the one Katrina put on Ichabod, because she said, "You survived the death hex" and seemed genuinely surprised. I just don't know, though. Hopefully someone will tell us what it was specifically, whether on the show or in an interview.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

He's such an Ichatrina stan. Always has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmoon (View Post)
I think Orlando just gave us another possible thread title: "[Their] kind of love is legendary."
Indeed he did!

Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Gotta love Orlando's Ichatrina love.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
Am I the only one that doesn't think Katrina was weird over Ichabod and Abbie's private talk? She even turned away to give them privacy.
You're definitely not the only one. There was nothing weird about it, nor was Katrina jealous. I mean really.. Ichabod is completely in love with Katrina and only her. He has a bond with Abbie that she doesn't really know anything about, (PLATONIC) but I didn't see Katrina looking jealous or bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I wonder if they can have kids again.
I think they would be able to. I'm less sure that the writers would give them that, though.

Quote:
"All of the dreams Katrina and I shared can now be made real. This may not be the future we envisioned, but it will be ours, to fashion as we wish.

She is my guiding light. The guardian of my soul. When we are reunited, I will cherish her as never before."
Beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprezzatura (View Post)
Whist I like their friendship all the episode gave me as that Ichabod's heart will always belong to Katrina.
Yep. More than ever I just don't see how they could give Ichabod another love interest, even Abbie. His love for Katrina was on display throughout the whole finale. A lot of it was about them reuniting.

Quote:
Am I truly here?
Yes, my Love.

Quote:
I did make this instead.
http://i.imgur.com/gHyrQF4.gif
Perfect.

This will be so useful...

Quote:
OMG, the scene where they were saying the incantation to leave Purgatory...that must be how they looked at the altar during their wedding!
Yes. I still want to see that wedding.

Quote:
And how Ichabod just kept staring down at her hands while she was talking to Jeremy...like he couldn't believe she was real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
I absolutely adore her face when she asks "is this real?" The pure joy on her face is mesmerizing. I can't wait to see a flashback of her and Ichabod in such pure joy together.
She's suffered so much.. it was nice to see her finally out and with her Ichabod.

Quote:
Rewatching the finale scene and Ichabod only loses it when Jeremy throws Katrina's choices back in her face. Every time it's always over Katrina.
He got so angry.

Quote:
Orlando & his fan pandering is gonna get him in so much trouble.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1d6c3557...wm3yo1_500.jpg
I'm glad he acknowledged the Ichatrina love again! Don't think he should have directed any of it to the other shippers though, because they wont listen/agree, and just shove Ichatrina hate back at him.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
True. I wondered about the witches from Katrina's coven when The Golem episode aired, but I could brush that aside because they didn't have significant roles. Jeremy is a significant character and his story arc is based on his aging, though, so they need to address it like they did for Katrina and Ichabod.

Either one of these ideas could explain it. I am starting to think it was a different spell than the one Katrina put on Ichabod, because she said, "You survived the death hex" and seemed genuinely surprised. I just don't know, though. Hopefully someone will tell us what it was specifically, whether on the show or in an interview.
I thought the Four Speak as One were significant, just not that significant to us. lol They are directly responsible for Katrina and Jeremy's fate. They were so fixated on punishing her that they completely overlooked the consequences of their own actions.

Hopefully, they will address it in some fashion. Katrina probably has a better grasp on why he aged differently. I have a feeling Moloch probably knew Jeremy was buried... Waited... Probably made it worse until he was ready to release him. I don't believe completely that Moloch freed him that day out of coincidence. What better victim could there be if that victim didn't suffer enough or as thoroughly as he would like. He's clearly a very patient enemy.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautica7mk (View Post)
I thought the Four Speak as One were significant, just not that significant to us. lol They are directly responsible for Katrina and Jeremy's fate.

I agree that their plot line was significant, but in terms of being significant characters, they were only in one episode and we never even found out their names. Jeremy, however, has been important from the moment (episode?) he was born.

Quote:
Katrina probably has a better grasp on why he aged differently.
It's quite possible that she will be the one to explain it if they bring it up next season. It's strange, though, because when she found out that he had survived the death hex she looked relieved. There he was, holding them both prisoner, revealing who he was and the hatred he had for them (and in the body on a 60-something year old man) and she just looked relieved that he was alive. I'm not sure if it was just Katrina's maternal love or her knowing something that we don't.

Quote:
I have a feeling Moloch probably knew Jeremy was buried... Waited... Probably made it worse until he was ready to release him. I don't believe completely that Moloch freed him that day out of coincidence. What better victim could there be if that victim didn't suffer enough or as thoroughly as he would like. He's clearly a very patient enemy.
I don't believe it was a coincidence, either. It was said that Jeremy was supposed to be the one to awaken the Headless Horseman in the pilot, so it's possible that Moloch resurrected Jeremy when he was prepared to unleash evil. Assuming Jeremy did awaken the HH, those 13 years would have given Moloch time to brainwash Jeremy, get him acquainted with the new world, and prepare him to lie to and take on Ichabod and Katrina once they were freed.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Let's be fair, the witches did have a cameo in Sanctuary before The Golem. lol Gosh, the little we do know about those seers annoy me.

Quote:
I don't believe it was a coincidence, either. It was said that Jeremy was supposed to be the one to awaken the Headless Horseman in the pilot, so it's possible that Moloch resurrected Jeremy when he was prepared to unleash evil. Assuming Jeremy did awaken the HH, those 13 years would have given Moloch time to brainwash Jeremy, get him acquainted with the new world, and prepare him to lie to and take on Ichabod and Katrina once they were freed.
Ichabod and Katrina has their work cut out for them next season. It's like some mix of Greek/Arthurian tragedy minus the incestuous implications.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
You're definitely not the only one. There was nothing weird about it, nor was Katrina jealous. I mean really.. Ichabod is completely in love with Katrina and only her. He has a bond with Abbie that she doesn't really know anything about, (PLATONIC) but I didn't see Katrina looking jealous or bothered.
It wasn't there, because Katrina has no reason to be jealous or bothered by the bond between the witnesses. It's a completely different vibe than what she and Ichabod share. And we already know that, whatever his intentions, he's willing to lie to Abbie and betray her trust in order to get Katrina back.
Quote:
Beautiful.
I swear, the monologues that they write for Ichabod regarding his wife...if I didn't ship them before, that would have completely done me in!

Quote:
Yep. More than ever I just don't see how they could give Ichabod another love interest, even Abbie. His love for Katrina was on display throughout the whole finale. A lot of it was about them reuniting.
It wouldn't feel "organic to the story", the import of which has been reiterated by the showrunners. Ichabod has been written as very much a one-woman man. And that woman is Katrina.

The love of his life.

The guardian of his soul.

His guiding light.

I. CAN'T.

Quote:
I'm glad he acknowledged the Ichatrina love again! Don't think he should have directed any of it to the other shippers though, because they wont listen/agree, and just shove Ichatrina hate back at him.
Orlando really sealed his own fate with his initial "I am Ichatrina all the way" tweet, waaaaay back when the show first started. When he realized exactly what he was dealing with, he took a crash-course in fan-pandering and started being a little more PC about stuff. But sometimes, I think his truth shows through.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Katrina's expression here = everything.

The way she kinda leaps up into his embrace...and he holds her so tight.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

YES MY LOVE.

Gah, these two.

Quote:
It wasn't there, because Katrina has no reason to be jealous or bothered by the bond between the witnesses. It's a completely different vibe than what she and Ichabod share. And we already know that, whatever his intentions, he's willing to lie to Abbie and betray her trust in order to get Katrina back.
No-one is more important to him.

Quote:
I swear, the monologues that they write for Ichabod regarding his wife...if I didn't ship them before, that would have completely done me in!
I know.. how can one not want Ichabod to be reunited with his Katrina. Oh and we better hear more of these monologues next season!

Quote:
It wouldn't feel "organic to the story", the import of which has been reiterated by the showrunners. Ichabod has been written as very much a one-woman man. And that woman is Katrina.

The love of his life.

The guardian of his soul.

His guiding light.

I. CAN'T.
Epic, legendary love right there.

Quote:
Orlando really sealed his own fate with his initial "I am Ichatrina all the way" tweet, waaaaay back when the show first started. When he realized exactly what he was dealing with, he took a crash-course in fan-pandering and started being a little more PC about stuff. But sometimes, I think his truth shows through.
Guess he's still Ichatrina all the way, then.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No-one is more important to him.
Tom Mison and Katia Winter talk about their timeless love in 'Sleepy Hollow' - National Celebrity Q&A | Examiner.com

"It’s important to know why the marriage is such that Ichabod can risk forgetting the apocalypse in order to save his wife." - Tom Mison

Old 01-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

*swwon* over those gifs