Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the thread.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I need to be on this list because I have never shipped something so hard so fast.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome! Do you have a favorite scene with them?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleya (View Post)
Welcome! Do you have a favorite scene with them?
Hmmm...I think the scene at the start of Trash when they fight. But pretty much all of them.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Okay, I need to be on this list because I have never shipped something so hard so fast.
I know! It was so short lived but their chemistry was INSTANT! Their relationship was a major selling point to falling for the show so fast!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I know! It was so short lived but their chemistry was INSTANT! Their relationship was a major selling point to falling for the show so fast!
When I started watching, I was liking the show a lot, and somehow until Shindig I completely missed Mal/Inara. *makes 'over my head' motion* Then we got to that one and I was like WAIT THIS IS A THING? THIS IS, LIKE...THEY...WHAAAAAT? I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS IS A THING BUT I LOVE THE THING. I think part of why I finished the whole series in five days instead of doing one a day like I'd planned was so I could watch fanvids.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

OMG I can't imagine watching it that far in & NOT shipping Mal & Inara?! Funny story though, thanks for sharing.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
OMG I can't imagine watching it that far in & NOT shipping Mal & Inara?! Funny story though, thanks for sharing.
I think I was too busy trying to figure out who Kaylee was supposed to be with - in the Pilot I was like "wait...is she supposed to be with the captain, the companion, or the doctor?" and then I guess I zoned in on her and Simon as "this show's couple with unresolved tension" and wasn't paying attention to any other dynamic to have that potential. Now, of course, when I rewatch, I'm like LOOK AT YOU TWO BEING AMAZING RIGHT AWAY!

I've got a friend watching now, she's only seen the pilot, but I'm guessing she'll pick up on it quicker than me. 1. I'm slow, and 2. she knows I ship it so she'll be looking for it.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, I didn't pay much attention to Kaylee at all when I first watched, it was always Mal and Inara for me from the get go.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleya (View Post)
Oh wow, I didn't pay much attention to Kaylee at all when I first watched, it was always Mal and Inara for me from the get go.
Kaylee was my favorite character in the pilot, so I was trying to figure out who she was paired off with. Honestly, I couldn't care less about her and Simon, I had no vested interest in any outcome for them. Once I fell in love with Mal and Inara, I was all in and didn't much care what everyone else was doing!

Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

There was so much potential with them, the show just didn't last long enough for Joss to really get to them. It's not the kind of relationship you can just rush into.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nicole - Ah, cool. I loved Kaylee. Out of all the characters, she's the one I relate to the most, my personality's very similar to hers, a happy-go-lucky type. But as far as shipping, I was instantly drawn to Mal&Inara. Their chemistry jumped off the screen like no other, kinda like Castle & Beckett.

Sol - I mentioned this in the Mal thread, but I would've LOVED to have seen them together, even if it probably would've only been one episode before Joss brutally killed her off. At least Nathan humored us at that Dragon Con & kissed Morena/Inara.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nicole - Ah, cool. I loved Kaylee. Out of all the characters, she's the one I relate to the most, my personality's very similar to hers, a happy-go-lucky type. But as far as shipping, I was instantly drawn to Mal&Inara. Their chemistry jumped off the screen like no other, kinda like Castle & Beckett.

Sol - I mentioned this in the Mal thread, but I would've LOVED to have seen them together, even if it probably would've only been one episode before Joss brutally killed her off. At least Nathan humored us at that Dragon Con & kissed Morena/Inara.
I was trying to decide if I thought they'd actually get together right before she would die, or if they'd be really close to that point but never get the chance. Either way, I know I would have cried. Because I definitely woke up with tears all over my face when I dreamed something along those lines a little while ago.

I definitely relate to Kaylee the most too, except for her fascination with Simon. Never really understood that one.

I think my favorite part of that Dragon Con thing is that picture that came out of it where Jewel almost looks like she's fangirling. Also, on that, I wasn't into Firefly in 2008, how did that...come up? Did someone ask him to do that, or did a conversation just...lead to that, or...?

Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

I'm hoping if it had continued that they would have been together before Joss killed her off, but I'm not sure if I trust that. I think Joss would have enjoyed the angst of the almost but not quite. Or he could have made all our shipper dreams come true and gave them some really epic episodes together. I'd like to believe that he would have (Though I will admit that Inara's potential death is the sole reason I'm glad they didn't get another season, because I love her).
Old 07-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Joss usually puts characters together before he starts killing them, it makes the deaths more effective. And most times the deaths or departures don't even stick. Like with Angel and Buffy or Fred and Wesley... and killing Inara for good would've just been like shooting yourself on the foot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread