Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytinydots (View Post)
Was she caught off guard? Did she not know what to say?
NOPE and NOPE! which makes it even worse because rae knows exactly how finn feels imo. she knows it and blew him off anyway. and then tried to go find him, to use him, to make herself feel better because she was pissed about chloe being right about her. rae's mum got it exactly right: she's selfish. the sad part is is that finn will most likely forgive her and while i can say, bless him for having such a big heart, i'd rather her realize what a twat she really is versus just going about everything like she's a victim. enough is enough!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Don't forget the dad issue. Believe it or not I still think that this was the catalyst of half her problems. I'm not feeling Victor at all and I think is gonna turn out to be a dick who doesn't give a crap about Rae. I mean the guy lived close to his own daughter for years and never once went to visit her? WTF?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 PM
New Fan

I thought on episode 4 Rae realized how far and few kind and quiet people come into your life and how much you have to cherish them when they do come in your life, but she doesn't give Finn a reason to stay in Lincolnshire???? C'mon Rae!!!

it reminded me of:

If anyone knows Dawson's Creek its a show from the 90s
Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

why dawson's crack, huh? lol.

also though, how problematic was it that rae sought out four different men in one night to try and fill her void? i wonder if she got this idea from chloe. or her mom.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I made the dumb mistake of lurking this thread and reading some comments before watching the episode and I almost had a heart attack. So many things I didn't see coming at all happened on this episode, wow. I don't even know where to being.

I ended up for really enjoying this episode, even though it makes me sad to see how badly everything is. Basically all of the relationships (romantic or not) are on a bad shape (except Rae/Archie, bless ).

Rae/Finn - I can't believe Finn is really gone. I'm kinda mad at Rae for not telling him anything and then ditching him to go to that stupid party.
Quote:
and then tried to go find him, to use him, to make herself feel better because she was pissed about chloe being right about her. rae's mum got it exactly right: she's selfish. the sad part is is that finn will most likely forgive her and while i can say, bless him for having such a big heart, i'd rather her realize what a twat she really is versus just going about everything like she's a victim. enough is enough!
Sadly, I really have to agree with this. Finn has made some mistakes too, but Rae has been hiding too many things from him. And she doesn't want Finn to have a girlfriend, but when he's single she doesn't take a step to be with him either. :/

Rae/Chloe - Ugh Chloe, I love you, but wtf are you doing hanging out with those creeps. I'm not angry at Chloe for what she did at the party, because she was drugged and drunk and didn't know what she was doing herself. But those comments about Rae being frigid were all wrong, I really hated that.

Rae/Kester - Last season Kester told Rae that she could call him at any time, and now that he has a girlfriend doing that is appropriated? Okay, then.

Rae/Linda - I think I'm on Linda's side on this, she's pregnant and it's not good for her health to wonder where Rae is spending the night because she's not home and didn't even bother to tell her anything. But I don't like how Rae's mom has just moving baby stuff to Rae's room.

Rae/Victor - I want to believe that he's nice and he means well. I don't want to see Rae hurt over this. But yea, it's weird that they live on the same town and they never even ran into each other. The fact that he didn't even know Rae's birthday was terrible.

Rae/Liam - Okay, that last scene was kinda... Gross. I don't like them as couple and at this point I'm not even sure if I enjoy their friendship. That scene was just too weird.

Izzy/Chop/Chop - I never thought that Chop/Izzy would cheat on each other, and especially not Izzy... It's sad. And it sucks that Chop is not standing up and defending Archie, but at least he's not making fun of him and he doesn't seem to have a problem with Archie being gay, which I was afraid of. So he just needs to be a better friend, and I love Archie for telling Chop that.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched yet and now I am a kind of worried too

How many more episodes do we have after this? Do you guys think Finn and Rae will be back together in the finale? I really hope so but after reading all this IDK
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

^ We only have two more episodes. And I have no idea, a lot of things can happen in only one episode. But I think that if FR do get together again this season, it will probably happen on the season finale. Because now Finn isn't in town anymore.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Catia - Rae ditching him for that party pisses me off so much!

I get that it is inappropriate to have Rae at his house but I agree. He is the one who told her she could call anytime and he is the one who let her stay at his house for a bit and have a session there. If he wanted to set those boundaries fine but I wish he hadn't done it like that.

About Rae/Linda I so agree. Rae shouldn't be putting that worry on her mom. She needs to think about her mom's situation. But I can't believe her mom said to her she didn't want the baby growing up around Rae. But Rae was being an ass.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Heather, same here.

Yea, but their relationship was never just a regular doctor/patient one, they had a friendship going on. I get that it sucks for Kester to have Rae coming around at any hour but maybe he needs to explain to Rae that things changed now that he has a girlfriend.

Oh yea, that thing Rae's mom said was sad. I hope they solve out things soon, I think Rae will be a great big sister. And I think she understands why her mom was angry and she won't do it again from now on.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true but again if he wanted to set those boundaries that would have be fine. I just dislike the way he went about it. And as therapist I find it weird he couldn't tell she really needed someone.

That whole Rae/Mom thing was ****ty all around.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Me too, I think he should know her better than that. I guess it sucks that Rae hasn't been really talking to him at their appointments, but now that she finally wanted to talk, Kester couldn't hear it, sigh.

And agreed. I hope everything is okay with the baby, because Rae's mom being scared of the scan kinda made me scared too.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was such a sad scene.

I hope so too. Especially at her age.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that communication is a huge problem for almost all the characters. No one is really talking to each other and that is why the **** is hitting the fan.

Finn was definitely throwing his relationship with Olivia in Rae’s face … IMO he was trying to see what reaction that would elicit from her, doesn’t make it right though but at least it makes him a bit more flawed. Finally. I really felt for him when Rae blew him off for the party though, I really don’t think he could have made it any clearer. He starts off by telling Rae about his breakup with Olivia to clear the elephant in the room and then pours his heart out about being miserable and having to grow up finally. He blames himself for the breakup since he really has no idea why else it would happen so I think it makes sense that he wouldn’t come right out and say that he wants her to be the reason for him staying.

Kester, Kester … I get that you’re trying to salvage things with your ex wife and all, I really do. But the way he went about it was wrong and ended up hurting Rae, the person you told over and over again that he would always be there if she needed to talk.

As for Chloe, she was a bitch and I thought it was shtty how she left Rae in the lurch TWO times, when she went off with the guys and then at the party. Dude, you don’t treat your best mate like that. And what she said about Rae being frigid was totally out of line and uncalled for, it’s essentially **** shaming already. But Rae isn’t exactly the role model in their friendship either, she has done a lot of crappy things to Chloe too (last episode for example). I just worry that Chloe is on an even worse spiral than Rae, if that’s possible, if she’s getting into bad stuff like drugs.

The sexual assault scene made me SO uncomfortable to watch but I’m glad Rae came to her senses and got the **** out of there. I hope Finn punches Saul’s lights out if he ever does find out. Such a creep.

Any like I had for Liam and his friendship with Rae basically went out the door this episode. It really became crystal clear how selfish he is and how different (in a bad, bad way) he is from Finn in terms of how they treat Rae. How he basically said that Rae’s body was ugly and immediately assuming that Rae would give him a blowjob … he puts his needs and priorities before her (first with the Amy situation) and then now with the friends with benefits situation. I get that he has issues of his own and he probably didn’t know the extent of what happened with Rae with all the people in her life and how that impacted her self esteem so badly but still, it doesn’t justify just how douchey his behaviour was. This person basically summarises very well how I feel about it: so why do you like me?

I find it funny how Olivia turned out to be one of the smallest drama areas in the whole episode, compared to everything else that happened.

Basically Rae is in the same position as she was in the last episode of Season 1, except that the stakes are even higher and everything is amped up for her having an even bigger downfall than before. She doesn’t have anyone (except dear old Archie) … the gang is in pieces, her relationship with her mum is worse than ever and now you have the seedy dad in the picture. I have to assume that though Linda is really not the best mother ever, she has her reasons for keeping Rae away from a relationship with her dad. So I believe that will be another trigger point for Rae’s downfall.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by free to fly (View Post)
But those comments about Rae being frigid were all wrong, I really hated that.
i actually applauded chloe for telling rae the truth. of course, she was using the words of a rapist, but if more people were blunt with rae, maybe she wouldn't be in this sht storm to begin with.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
i actually applauded chloe for telling rae the truth. of course, she was using the words of a rapist, but if more people were blunt with rae, maybe she wouldn't be in this sht storm to begin with.
Telling Rae that she was frigid was the truth? OMG I will stop reading your comments because what's you are saying is so wrong most of the time. Let's talk about Chloe being a ****ty friend, who love to be a moralist but screw up everytime. And if anyone needs a wake up call and has problems right now....it's Chloe.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 03-12-2014 at 12:50 AM