Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, not in the vinicity either. It would be awesome though.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
is anyone of you guys thinking about attending the bombshell show on friday in june?
If only I could will you?

Old 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Megan features in several songs by her husband Brian

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/al...ad/id961275240

Old 02-03-2015, 11:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Wow she really is featured on a few of his songs. Cool that they sang together on the album, even cooler it was most of the album

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He didn't sing on her album instead, but I think he played the guitar

Old 02-05-2015, 01:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's still cool & cute

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Interview

Megan Hilty: Life After 'Smash' | Advocate.com

This is the part about Smash

Quote:
Smash: “When we were filming the ‘National Pastime’ number for the pilot, I thought, ‘Oh my God, this is my job! I’m the luckiest person on the planet!’That job was everything I ever wanted: to play a character like Ivy Lynn, to play Marilyn Monroe, to work with Anjelica Huston, and play Bernadette Peters’ daughter… There were so many great things for me about that show.”

Smash ended after its second season, and wildly mixed reactions from critics and viewers. “You have to know that you’re never going to please everybody,” she says. “That’s not in your control. I learned that the hard way with Wicked and 9 to 5. I’m not Kristen Chenoweth. I’m not Dolly Parton.”

“All I can do is the best job that I possibly can, and be the best that I can possibly be.”

Old 02-09-2015, 04:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that very interesting read

Quote:
“All I can do is the best job that I possibly can, and be the best that I can possibly be.”

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Great sentence! She's the best

Old 02-10-2015, 01:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

She is

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

She truly a talent!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 02-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Broadway & TV Star Megan Hilty Gets Up Close and Personal in the City by the Bay

If you’re a fan of Broadway and show tunes, you know Megan Hilty.

Andrew Eccles

Her physical attributes have gotten her cast in shows playing Marilyn Monroe or Dolly Parton characters, but her great talent is what really has gotten her the most attention.

San Francisco will be able to learn all about her gifts when she plays in an intimate concert Saturday, Feb. 7 at 8pm at San Francisco’s Nourse Theater.

This intimate evening isn’t all Broadway show tunes, even though Hilty promises to bring tunes from her shows “Wicked,” “9 to 5” and TV’s “Smash.”

But the evening is hosted by Sirius XM Radio Star (and Broadway musical genius) Seth Rudetsky who will pepper in questions to Hilty between songs making it kind of an “Inside the Musical Actor’s Studio.”

Hilty, who is good friends with Rudetsky, is excited to be working with him and in this format. “I will bring about 10 to 12 songs in the hopes to get to all of them,” she says, but since it’s more a spontaneous night, the evening could lead to her performing other songs, more fitting to what they’re talking about.

“This format is so exciting,” she says, saying the organic nature in the way the show is set-up and flows, it will truly be a one time show that cannot be repeated.

Hilty says she loves doing it like this as when she’s had to create a cabaret act on her own, it’s tough to come up with stories and comments to put between the songs. This way, at least she knows she has an interview pro asking her questions which of course will lead to the banter between music.

Hilty is very accomplished for a performer who isn’t quite a household name. She has played the Marilyn Monroe part in a version of “Gentleman Prefer Blondes” and played Monroe in the acclaimed TV series “Smash” a few seasons back. Additionally, she was a popular Glinda in Broadway’s “Wicked” and took on the Dolly Parton role in “9 to 5,” a show she was sorry didn’t last long. “It doesn’t seem that the show really found love from New Yorkers and supporters,” she says, also agreeing that it opened at the heart of the recession.

She’s also played in a short-lived TV series with Sean Hayes.

Her TV appearances got attention from the music industry and Hilty released a CD entitled “It Happens All the Time.” While it drew great notices from critics due to her strong voice, she admits some musical theatre fans were a bit disappointed as it didn’t include show tunes and was primarily a showcase to see if she can become the next pop star. “But don’t worry,” she says, “my next album is a live album of showtunes and standards and should make the Broadway fans happy.”

Her fan-base has increased since she was in the defunct “Smash” series and the show itself, she says, has gotten more popular since it was cancelled. “Smash” has grown so much since it went off the air, she says, that there’s even a benefit concert coming to New York June 15 in which she will return as well as Katharine McPhee, Angelica Houston and other “Smash” cast members.

As far as “Bombshell,” the musical about Marilyn Monroe in “Smash,” actually becoming a real musical she doesn’t think that will happen – at least for many years if at all. “There is really no book to the show,” she says, pointing out that there are also just so many show stopping numbers that to sing them in one night would be near impossible and a strain on any one performer. “The songs were written to be a standout in each TV episode,” she points out, “so every week we would have at least one big elaborate number in each episode.” But to have a whole show with all that might just be too draining and long.

Hilty has been very happy with how her career has progressed. She’s developed a loyal fanbase thanks to her Broadway and TV appearances and she’s met some of her own idols. “Dolly Parton is the most wonderful person that I’ve ever met,” she says, adding that if you ever try to meet your idol, just hope that it’s someone like Parton.

She also enjoys having the luxury to pick and choose roles she takes these days. “With a husband and a 4 ½ year old child, I can’t just take any part any more,” she says, feeling lucky that she often performs with her husband (actor/musician Brian Gallagher) so they are able to bring their daughter along.

Hilty is excited to return to San Francisco. While she’s performer here before, she’s been here more often as a tourist. “My father used to have a business in San Francisco so we’d visit from Seattle with him on a regular basis.” Hilty loves the City for its people and food and her favorite tourist spot is Alcatraz. “We’d visit it almost every time and I find it to be the coolest and creepiest place,” she laughs.

There’s so much more to learn and love about Hilty but rather than reading it here, perhaps you should check out her show with Rudetsky Feb. 7. To get tickets go to
Tickets | Broadway @ The Nourse | City Box Office. Do note that Rudetsky will be back in April with Vanessa Williams and Varla Jean Merman and there’s a special discount if you buy tickets to both at the same time.

The show is also a benefit to help San Francisco Aids Foundation, Project Open Hand and San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus.
source

Old 02-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

She got a pilot! A comedy on ABC!

Quote:
Bombshell News! Megan Hilty Signs on to Play a Broadway Diva in Judah Miller TV Pilot

Let her be your star indeed! Smash standout Megan Hilty will once again play a Broadway actress on the small screen. The new mom has signed on as the lead in the pilot of Judah Miller’s untitled comedy for ABC.

The show follows Hilty as a flamboyant Tony-winning diva adjusting to being a suburban mom. She is forced outside her comfort zone when she realizes her son is more into sports than show tunes—he’s a natural-born competitive athlete. (The horror!)

Besides her role on Smash (in which she had Bernadette Peters playing her Tony-winning mom), Hilty is known for starring on Broadway as Glinda in Wicked and Doralee in 9 to 5 as well as TV’s Sean Saves the World.

Miller, the writer and executive producer of the project, knows all about Broadway stars; he’s married to Hairspray Tony winner Marissa Jaret Winokur.
source

Also here
Pilot News: Smash‘s Megan Hilty to Play Broadway Star in ABC Comedy | TVLine

Old 03-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exciting new for her, I'm not sure on the pilot though . I hope it gets picked up for her & then that it does well though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The pilot looks silly, but it's a comedy so I guess it's normal I hope it gets picked and that it's better than SSTW.