Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i still am not liking simon but i love sizzy so much there chemistry is alreacdy there and i love how many scenes we got of them!!

my memories a lil bad but thats not the way the vampires took simon right it wasnt until the party where he had something to drink and turned into a rat?

the silent brothers scene was really gcool ok ill admit i do enjoy jace and simon interactions they are hilarious hehe

and god i loved alexc when he was like i cant be here right now and that hand gesture he made to jace and clary as they were about to enter the city of bones!

i actually didnt even know about hodge's younger casting till now! his hot i can tell im gonna like his character but then when he betrays them all

i was really hoping we could get that dorethea fortune telling scene with jace and clary but now im assuming vaantine killed her so we wont get that?
Old 01-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
It was interesting to see Hodge saying Jocelyn was his best friend.
Yeah, I thought that was interesting too, but again he could be lying.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was okay with the father/daughter thing coming out so soon on the show because it was so obvious in the books you saw it coming like miles away and it was a drag let's be real so I'm okay with them rushing that.

My favorite characters so far are everyone except Clary and Jace, Dom needs to speak more quickly and Jace-like and Kat needs better lines and less weird acting. I mean her break down scene was great I felt for her, maybe shed a tear or two even but I don't know like the scene where she is asleep and mumbling "mum" or when she gasps and touches her necklace, that was weird and cringeworthy.

I'm loving Alec/Jace and Clary/Simon, I feel like at the moment I enjoy Climon's scenes best when it comes to Clary, they're just bffs and it's actually believable. I agree about the stray comment it was a really good line I really liked it.

I actually really liked Simon, Alberto and Matt are the best actor out of the "squad" followed by Emeraude in my opinion. Like I said in a previous post Luke and Jocelyn are the best and I really enjoy them in this show.

About the Sizzy, I actually liked it, I don't feel like they're rushing into it or anything, Izzy is a flirt and like she said "He passes the time." It's not like she's magically in love with him, she's just playing with him and I guess she's enjoying the attention. The sizzy's slowburn is a particular one because in the books they dated before they really got to know each other and love each other. It was very accurate to the book the way the sizzy was potrayed. And since I'm a sizzy fan it's kind of cool to see their chemistry on screen, the sizzy scenes were definitely my favorites with the simon ones.
I for one thought Clace was forced, Jace is supposed to be mean and mocking her and he's already holding her hands and saying cute things to her, and caressing her face and really truly wanting to help her and caring about her. It was just no thanks, make it slower lol.

No Hodge didn't have a circle mark, his burden was that he was forced to stay in the institute forever and never leave it. I think the circle mark was cool though it showed how cruel the clave actually is.

Alan is always an amazing antagonist.

Episode 2 was way better than the firs imo, it wasn't as rushed, they weren't info dumping and making things confusing

I liked Raphael showing up, not sure I like that his fangs are visible, I hope they're not constantly visible.

Isabelle being fast was really cool I really liked that

I'm tired of seeing chernobyl everywhere though, I mean first teen wolf now shadowhunters, like there was just no point
Old 01-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

What exactly is Chernobyl? I haven't heard of it before and I know it wasn't mentioned in the books or movie at all.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What exactly is Chernobyl? I haven't heard of it before and I know it wasn't mentioned in the books or movie at all.
I wondered the same thing. Like.. where is this place?

ETA:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl

Near Ukraine?
Old 01-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

That's interesting. I think he likes the isolation of the place maybe? So no one will go against what he is doing?
Old 01-15-2016, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I think its like his hideout/base

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 01-15-2016, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

It does seem to be. I guess that's why no one knew where he was.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It was interesting to see Hodge saying Jocelyn was his best friend.
This I found a bit weird since Hodge seemed so much younger than Jocelyn (and Valentine) or was I the only one having that feeling?

Chernobyl is in Ukraine.
1986 they had a big nuclear accident..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster
it was pretty deserted after it.. Actually I have no idea how's the place doing today, but I guess it would be a pretty good hideout

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2016, 06:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I don't know if we ever knew how old Hodge was supposed to be, but he's the youngest Circle member so, I would think his age should be around 35/40. But then again, movie!Hodge was like 80 so who are we to judge.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just got to know him in the book and he defintiely has grey in his hair (so in myyy humble opinion it would be at least early 40s)

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2016, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Of course he could have been greying because of the curse put upon him, so he feels older than he is.

But yeah, 40 would work.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

that's a possibilty too

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Of course he could have been greying because of the curse put upon him, so he feels older than he is.

But yeah, 40 would work.
Could be. I'm trying to figure out the timeline but it's hard cause I feel he should've been at least 18 to join the Circle and wasn't it about 20 years ago that they starts so around 40 seems the most logical.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
This I found a bit weird since Hodge seemed so much younger than Jocelyn (and Valentine) or was I the only one having that feeling?

Chernobyl is in Ukraine.
1986 they had a big nuclear accident..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster
it was pretty deserted after it.. Actually I have no idea how's the place doing today, but I guess it would be a pretty good hideout
thanks for the info Holly!