Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Shadowhunters 1x02 "The Descent Into Hell Is Easy" Episode Discussion [Air Date: 19.01.2016]

1x02 The Descent Into Hell Is Easy
With the knowledge that Valentine is alive and on the hunt for The Mortal Cup, the Institute is on high alert. Not wasting any time, Jace jumps into action and figures Clary’s memories are the key to finding Jocelyn and The Mortal Cup. Unfortunately, Clary’s memories were wiped leaving her without any recollection of this other life that could help her and the team. With only one other option remaining, Jace, Isabelle and a very reluctant Alec take Clary to the City of Bones to face the powerful Silent Brothers. Meanwhile, Luke continues his search for Clary, and Simon tries to come to terms with his best friend’s new life.

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Since this episode hasn't aired on tv yet and has been released online, please use spoiler tags throughout the board until it has been aired since not everyone has seen the episode. You can freely talk about it on this episode thread without spoiler tags.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for this thread! I really enjoyed this episode. For me it was equal to the first. Simon was developed more and so was Valentine! I simply adored Alec's tantrums.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Ann

I liked that one more.. it wasn't soo stressy as the first one.. more slolwy..

I loved the bit longer scene from Magnus in the club.. his last line was one of the best IMO

Can't wait to see more of the vampires..
aaaand I want Valentine out in the open..

tbh I was surprised that the fact that Clary is Valentine's daughter surfaced that quickly..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-14-2016, 05:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I've discovered that watching the episodes with friends makes them a lot more fun.

I enjoyed this one a lot better. And I live for Alec and Simon being snarky towards each other.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

very true.. I'm always to much of a nerd and fangirl to watch them with friends.. They would just look weird at me I think

Me tooo.. I hope it never stops

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Can't wait to see this epi
Old 01-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Thanks Ann

I liked that one more.. it wasn't soo stressy as the first one.. more slolwy..

I loved the bit longer scene from Magnus in the club.. his last line was one of the best IMO

Can't wait to see more of the vampires..
aaaand I want Valentine out in the open..

tbh I was surprised that the fact that Clary is Valentine's daughter surfaced that quickly..
I was surprised about the father/ daughter news too that it came earlier than expected

yes, I can't wait for the big rescue of Simon and the battle scene that goes with it
Old 01-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm guessing it's okay to talk about the episode here since it's been released on their site. If not I can edit and put things in spoiler tags.

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one that thought the second episode felt a bit rushed. lol Need to watch it again. Shame. lol

Yeah, I was surprised that the whole Clary's father secret came out so soon.

Sad to say, but I'm kind of neutral about the girls right now. I don't dislike them, but they're not the characters I'm enjoying the most either.
I do like the interaction between Isabelle and Alec.

The characters I'm still enjoying the most are Luke, Jace, and Alec. I most likely would have added Jocelyn, but she's in a coma right now, so no real scenes. lol

I'm loving the relationship between Jace and Alec. One of the things I'm hoping they explore more in the show, but we never really got in the books. Dom and Matt have nice chemistry.
I really liked that stray comment/moment. It spoke volumes about how Jace sees himself and his position in the Lightwood family, but also how Alec see him.

Didn't enjoy Simon as much as the pilot. Am I the only one that felt Simon get on their nerves regarding Clary and her safety? I mean what was he going to do...
Some of his interactions with the Shadowhunters were funny though.
The moment he was left in the car I knew something was going to happen. Not sure how I feel about the way they introduced the Vampires.

As for ships. I think that the ones who have interacted so far have chemistry, but I do think that Simon and Isabelle comes off a bit forced.

Alan van Sprang is doing a good job as a baddy.

Interesting thing with Hodge and the circle mark. Was that in the book? I can't remember.

Dot...what was she thinking talking on and on...and not escaping...that was stupid.

The Silent Brothers were creepy, but I guess I expect a bit of a larger scale to the city, but since it's that one scene they most likely wanted to use the money for other things till they need to make it bigger later on, if they get more seasons.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Interesting thing with Hodge and the circle mark. Was that in the book? I can't remember.
No, the reason he didn't give information from the start in the books is because he wasn't aware Fairchild and Fray were the same person. And then they found the picture and he explained the basics including the Lightwoods link. (If I remember correctly)
Old 01-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for clearing that up. It's been a long time since I've read the book.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode a lot more than the pilot. All the Simon/Isabelle stuff was great. And I love the Alec/Simon interaction. We didn't get a lot of that in the books so I'm happy the show is including it.
icon: rebel hearts
Old 01-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoy this episode more and I hope for more interact w/ each other since that's one thing I really enjoy..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I think this episode had more interactions between the characters than the first episode. I enjoyed and love the scenes. I guess the Circle is more prominent in the tv show than the book/movie as I think there weren't too many members left and they were hiding.

It was interesting to see Hodge saying Jocelyn was his best friend.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm hoping we get more on the circle! Mostly flashbacks
Old 01-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed the episode and loved the interactions with characters
love things we haven't seen in the books before

also enjoyed the humour

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}