it's ruining my life
{}
Old 04-28-2021, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She’s looking gorgeous

☂Rae
Old 06-05-2021, 07:26 AM
Absolute Fan

I mentioned this before in the Clace thread that I found Kat's version of Clary to be abit annoying in the beginning and that I initially preferred Lily's version from the movie, but I really grew to love Kat's Clary that she eventually became one of my favourite characters on the show the ending still makes me so mad at the writers, after everything Clary had done and sacrificed to protect the world, even killing her own father and brother to do so, she did not deserve to be punished the way she did! I understand that she broke the rules and abused her powers, and that there are consequences to her actions, but I never really understood the angel's reasoning for taking away her powers and memories. I mean, if the angels did not want her to create her own runes then why did they give her the power to do so in the first place? It doesn't make sense, also let's compare what she did with Valentine's case. Even after Valentine became evil he was still a Shadowhunter just like Clary, but unlike Clary who had only ever used her powers for good and to protect the world, Valentine abused his powers by using his powers for evil, he was hellbent on destroying the entire down world and killed so many people in his relentless pursuit of his goals, so why did the angels not punish HIM and take away HIS powers? He was still a Shadowhunter so the angels were able to take away his powers and memories but they chose not to, and decided to punish Clary instead. Their logic made absolutely NO sense at all, I can think of so many other characters, villains like Valentine who deserved to be punished and have their powers taken away. Clary on the other hand was a hero, her powers helped save people, she literally single-handedly saved the entire world when she created her last rune to kill Jonathan, and this is how the angels repay her? By punishing her in the most brutal and cruel way possible? Seriously, that horrible ending just proved that the angels were a bunch of regressive idiots and proved just how stupid the writers and producers where by giving us that nonsensical and lackluster ending The only good thing about the ending was that Clary was finally able to see and remember Jace the love of her life again, but they deserved so much better.

Last edited by LindaL100; 06-05-2021 at 07:31 AM
Old 06-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

After rewatching the first season recently I can agree with you I think Kat improved upon her acting and I think the script made Clary less...I don't know if whiny is the right word? It might be Either way she got much better as the seasons went on. The ending of the show is completely dumb. I like to pretend it didn't happen She is a badass, a world saver, and deserves to be treated like the MVP she is. Luckily the original version of the story doesn't throw her out of the Shadow World.

☂Rae
Old 06-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Absolute Fan

I think some of the main problems a lot of people had with Kat's performance especially in the first season is her acting wasn't very good and Clary's character in the beginning was rather whiny and always acted recklessly and irrationally and she was very selfish and single-minded too, she was so fixated on finding her mother for much of the season that she didn't care about the consequences of her actions or who she got into trouble, she didn't think about the bigger picture and was only focused on finding her mother, that annoyed a lot of people. Lily's version in the movie was less reckless and whiny, and although Lily's Clary was also focused on finding her mother, she was less selfish and less single-minded than Kat's Clary and she was more mindful of the people around her. So it's understandable that many people preferred Lily's Clary from the movie, I did too.
But Clary's character did improve and so did Kat's acting further into the show, it took a while for me to warm up to her and by S3 she became one of my favourite characters

I know that in the books it was actually Simon who lost his powers and memories of the Shadow world and became a mundane again, I wish he had lost his memories and powers and not Clary. Don't get me wrong I like Simon and he doesn't deserve to lose his memories, but neither does Clary, ideally it would be better if no one lost their memories, except Valentine of course, he definitely deserved to lose everything. But if I really had to choose between Clary or Simon to lose his memories then I would pick Simon. Because Clary had suffered way too much and had to sacrifice too much to protect and save the world on the show, no one has sacrificed more than her, and after everything she and Jace had been through, they deserve their happy ending more than anyone else on the show. Which is why the ending is so annoying and I'm so frustrated at the producers and writers
I have already complained so many times in the Clace thread about how infuriating and unfairly Clace had been treated on the show by the producers and writers so I won't get into that again here, though it still irritates me when I think about
Old 06-14-2021, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think they paid good attention to the reception the first season got and made the right adjustments to improve the portrayal of Clary’s character

A lot of essential things concerning Clary were done away with in the show. In the books her mother never dies, she creates the Mark of Cain for Simon, Jace is the one bonded to Jonathan not Clary, she and Simon become parabatai, and so on. Then they had her be the one to lose her memories which came out of nowhere and was so forced. Sometimes I don’t mind changes made for a show or sub-plots that are added to give them more material to fill in all that airtime. However when characters and plots are too fundamentally changed I get annoyed. Clary was the star of the show and she deserved better than the random ending the show decided to give her. No doubt about it

☂Rae