Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
Gina's role on her new show (ABC's The Catch) is recurring, not regular, and she's made it very clear in several interviews that she expects to return to Suits at some point, at least as a guest character. Aaron Korsh has said the same thing, that the door is wide open. It was Gina's desire to leave for personal reasons, namely to return to her family in Los Angeles, and that she would've stayed until the end of the series had it been shot in Los Angeles.

I feel your pain though. I was aware of the rumors but I was still caught totally off-guard, and I cried.
Aww thank you!! I feel a little relieved to think we can see her again I cried too, it just feels so wrong. But as a character SL it's been actually great to watch.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
Just when I think Suits can't up its game any higher, it goes and does just that! Season 6 has been a creative risk that mostly succeeded while, at the same time, building to this thoughtful and organically-driven conclusion.
Quote:
Then ending with Harvey and Donna, ending the episode with the sweet simplicity of holding hands. They're not even an official couple, yet they're my favorite TV couple, romantic or otherwise. I had already started crying when Jessica announced she was leaving, and this scene just made me cry more .

I will miss Jessica Pearson fiercely. She was the glue that held PSL together, and it's hard to imagine Harvey and Louis managing without her, especially since her departure was so sudden. More than that, she was just a badass woman, a terrific character in a TV landscape that, too often, kills off strong female characters. Gina stated in several interviews that this was a personal decision relating to family matters at home in Los Angeles, and that she has every intention of returning in a guest or recurring role. Characters come back all the time to Suits, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see her in season 7. She nabbed a recurring role on the ABC series The Catch, which films in Los Angeles, and begins airing in January.

That said, it will be fascinating to watch how Jessica's absence affects Harvey, both personally and professionally. Jessica was not only Harvey's mentor, but the first female in his life who believed in him, a mother-figure of sorts who reined in Harvey's worst impulses and supported him when he needed it most.
Quote:
Louis's offering to help raise another man's child is, by far, the most mature decision he's made in the entire series. It's a baby, and that's a very big deal for Louis, regardless of the child's parentage. Now, whether that means his relationship with Tara will work remains to be seen, but I do believe Louis is firmly committed.

Rachel absolutely shined this season, and her maturity and independence should only enhance her relationship with Mike, who is now the partner searching for his place in the world.
Complete agree with all of this. I'm very sad to see Jessica go. I know she didn't see herself this way but I do think she had an excellent balance of drive and compassion, particularly for Harvey. She was strong, composed, very stylish. She was PSL's rock. Her dynamic with Harvey was probably my favorite of the show. There was so much respect and mutual adoration. She guided him and made him stronger and he made her take risks and was the only person she could trust. I'm really looking forward to her returning in guest appearances.

The only positive from her departure is that Harvey will probably lean on Donna more, as seen in the last shot of the episode. I don't want to get my hopes up but the writers would have a gold mine if they just developed this relationship.

Also agree that Rachel has stepped her game up this season, though I wish Jessica were still around to be her mentor. And I'm happy that Suits not only showed us the consequences of Mike's actions (jail time) but also didn't make us suffer through the punishment for a full season. Louis was great, I still haven't warmed to Tara yet though.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by my pretty dancer (View Post)
Also agree that Rachel has stepped her game up this season, though I wish Jessica were still around to be her mentor. And I'm happy that Suits not only showed us the consequences of Mike's actions (jail time) but also didn't make us suffer through the punishment for a full season. Louis was great, I still haven't warmed to Tara yet though.
As much as I will miss the Harvey/Jessica dynamic, Rachel is the character most hurt by Jessica's departure. Mentorship has been an important theme throughout this series, and Rachel lost her mentor at a critical juncture in a promising but untested career. It will be interesting to see how that void is filled for her.

For storyline reasons, the length of Mike's jail time was just right. I had been concerned that Mike would remain in prison for ALL of season 6, including the back six episodes, and there is only so much story that can be generated from such a confined space without it repeating itself. That said, there are still consequences to be felt, for both Mike and Harvey. If Mike doesn't accept Harvey's job offer, he's in for a rude awakening in the real world--simply, no one wants to hire a felon, regardless of his intelligence or good intentions. For Harvey, his tainted reputation resulting from how he handled the Sutter case (not to mention his complicity in committing fraud) might further cripple efforts to rebuild a firm shattered by the loss of its managing partner.

I'm lukewarm on the Louis/Tara relationship--for me, it's mostly a sideshow that needed the unexpected pregnancy announcement and surprise marriage proposal to get the audience's attention--but the story has shown Louis's growth as a character, so I'm invested for that reason.

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 09-19-2016 at 06:30 AM
Old 09-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am beyond heartbroken about Jessica. Rachel really is becoming a character I like a lot.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

ok as much as i want louis and tara to be happy this relationship is moving way too fast and i just have a bad feeling its going to blow up badly in louis's face

im really liking stu. now that he is going to be a shareholder i hope that he will be around more next season.

loved all the mike/harvey and the harvey/donna scenes.

im going to miss jessica but im not really heartbroken over her departure.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
ok as much as i want louis and tara to be happy this relationship is moving way too fast and i just have a bad feeling its going to blow up badly in louis's face
Exactly my thought
Old 09-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

im really liking stu. now that he is going to be a shareholder i hope that he will be around more next season.

loved all the mike/harvey and the harvey/donna scenes.

im going to miss jessica but im not really heartbroken over her departure.
100% agree with everything in this post!
Old 09-23-2016, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Stu now too hated him at first
Old 09-23-2016, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jessica leaving
Old 09-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Leonie~ (View Post)
I like Stu now too hated him at first
same his interaction with Harvey and Louis was so funny in the finale
Old 09-24-2016, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love what he did
Old 09-24-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too he really saved the day