Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Stoners ~ {Mike & Harvey} #6: "It could go either way, continue to be bromantic or one could finally come out and confess their true love." - GM

Welcome to the 6th
Harvey Specter & Mike Ross
Appreciation Thread

~~Fans~~

1. Always Choose You
2. Alexa
3. Sweetgirl465
4. pixiestyx
5. niadk
6. DUHsoTK
7. pookiepookie
8. Carribean blue
9. valeria
10. Licia
11. dream once more
12. sunflower 654
13. Sara Caffrey
14. loezzzje
15. AlwaysCB
16. KeepThisaSecret
17. - Nina -
18. cyndie57
19. docent12
20. loganandroryforever
21. winchesterboyz
22. Karma Police
23. Ally88
24. L i N d $ @ y
25. naturellebella
26. Kitty230
27. acoustichearts
28. Jemistry
29. InsideMyHeart
30. JMRamos
31. BlondieLeigh
32. Eternal Love
33. RebelQueens
34. lessismore
35. DiamondGirl5
36. stlavin95
37. MagnusBane

credit

~~Future Titles~~
"There is an unbelievable bromance between Harvey and Mike." - GM
"He's equally on board for 'Marvey'- which many fans would tell you is the true love story of suits."
"[Work drama] will be separate from their personal lives, so that they'll be able to continue to be playful and bromantic. Because they do love each other, right?" - GM

credit

~~There’s no way I’m letting you do this alone.~~

Last edited by ~Leonie~; 06-14-2017 at 01:32 PM
Old 03-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I fixed the OP slightly, just took out a few broken links and such. I also added a future titles list...

It needs a major redo though. Perhaps this summer I can help to spruce up some threads.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

great job with the new thread
Old 03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ha ha, I saw this interview. Gabriel's joking (obviously, neither Harvey nor Mike is gay), but...yeah. It's the real love story of Suits.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

only because the writers would be too scared to ever go there. but its been obvious to me since day 1 that they are the ultimate otp of the show. if they were straight characters you know it would turn romantic eventually.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt love the title and your sign and your icon

Gabriel would be number one in an honorary shipper list
Old 03-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for opening the new one
Old 03-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
only because the writers would be too scared to ever go there. but its been obvious to me since day 1 that they are the ultimate otp of the show. if they were straight characters you know it would turn romantic eventually.
It's too late for the writers to go there now because the characters and core relationships are too-well established, and neither character is a kid uncertain of his sexuality. It would simply be a poor storytelling choice that rang false on several levels. Rachel and Scottie aren't/weren't aberrations or mistakes (not to mention whatever is--or isn't--hanging in the air between Harvey and Donna).

I agree that the Mike/Harvey relationship is the heart of the series, and essential to the storytelling. Patrick said very recently that getting back to Butch and Sundance was important in maintaining his and Gabriel's interest in doing the show, and we saw a return of both the bromantic banter and the meaningful conversations in the last several episodes. That final scene of 616 is the most exciting tease I've seen for any long-running series going into a season 7.

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 03-08-2017 at 09:16 AM
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Cyndie! We'll have to get an honorary list going.

Its funny how Gabriel is so MEH about Darvey but with Marvey he's like all in.

Quote:
It's too late for the writers to go there now because the characters and core relationships are too-well established, and neither character is a kid uncertain of his sexuality. It would simply be a poor storytelling choice that rang false on several levels. Rachel and Scottie aren't/weren't aberrations or mistakes (not to mention whatever is--or isn't--hanging in the air between Harvey and Donna).
OBVIOUSLY it would feel weird to go there romantically at this point in the show.

What i meant though is that had Harvey been a female (or mike been a female) you know the audience would have been "Shipping" it and most likely the show would have gone there.

It would have been cool if the show had made either harvey or mike bisexual from the beginning, Harvey IMO could have easily pulled it off.... but you KNOW the network would never ever ever do it. However, they did come out with two gay main characters on their show Eyewitness. so it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility, or at least it wasnt.

But regardless I love their interaction so much and I am just happy that Harvey is going to be mike's best man. . Can we get a hug again please?

Also, I need to rewatch their scenes from the beginning, im in a major marvey zone.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the Rachel/Mike, Donna/Harvey storylines way better
Old 03-09-2017, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leo

Quote:
haha I know right ? every time he says something about Darvey I'm like : but when it comes to Marvey, I'm more like : you go Gabe
Old 03-09-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! They are the OTP of the show. I am meah about Darvey too
Old 03-09-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If I have to get out of here, I'll close the thread jk
Old 03-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thanks Cyndie! We'll have to get an honorary list going.

Ha, yeah, I've noticed that too. Neither Gabriel nor Sarah is high on getting their characters together, and, from a storytelling perspective, I understand why--we have the ship-worthy, root-for couple in Mike/Rachel; we have Louis and his trouble falling for the right person; we had power couple Jessica/Jeff; and finally we have Harvey and Donna, two strong personalities who share a complicated history and, individually, carry tons of emotional baggage. Slow burn is just their speed, and it works.

Mike/Harvey, on the other hand, is the show's central, most important, relationship, and the original premise rested on the strength of their bond. Now that the original premise no longer exists, their relationship has progressed to the point that the audience cares a great deal about that, and the original premise (Mike's secret) no longer matters. Now it's just about Harvey and Mike, the characters, and the story can go anywhere.

Quote:
OBVIOUSLY it would feel weird to go there romantically at this point in the show.

What i meant though is that had Harvey been a female (or mike been a female) you know the audience would have been "Shipping" it and most likely the show would have gone there.

It would have been cool if the show had made either harvey or mike bisexual from the beginning, Harvey IMO could have easily pulled it off.... but you KNOW the network would never ever ever do it. However, they did come out with two gay main characters on their show Eyewitness. so it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility, or at least it wasnt.

But regardless I love their interaction so much and I am just happy that Harvey is going to be mike's best man. . Can we get a hug again please?

Also, I need to rewatch their scenes from the beginning, im in a major marvey zone.
Had either Harvey or Mike been cast as female, you're probably right. I don't think I've heard Aaron say why he chose buddy drama over romantic drama for the series core relationship. Surely, the idea at least flitted through his mind as he was conceiving the series. Knowing that Harvey is loosely based on himself, I've wondered if the Mike/Harvey relationship is based on a personal relationship of his.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad Aaron chose bromance over romance. I recently listened to the commentary for the pilot and was reminded that Gabriel and Patrick never tested together during the casting process. Amazing. Talk about just getting lucky, though I think Gabriel and Patrick worked hard prior to shooting to develop a personal and working relationship.

The precedent for Marvey hugs was set in 510 "Faith", and while I can understand not wanting to overdo the hugs, it would've been perfectly natural for two people as close as Mike and Harvey to share a warm embrace of relief when Mike left prison--that handshake felt awkward, considering all they'd gone through to get Mike out early. (I actually think Harvey has hugged Louis, albeit reluctantly, more often than he's hugged Mike.)

A hug would also have been natural when Mike learned he was in the Bar, although, I admit, the eye contact between them made my heart explode. And maybe two Harvey hugs in the same scene would felt like too much, because you know he had to save a warm hug for Jessica, not just because of what she did for Mike, but because their own relationship needed closure.

That handshake when Harvey closed the deal with Mike--or was it the other way around?--was almost as good as a hug.

At Mike's wedding, there needs to be a hug, especially since Harvey is, aside from Rachel, Mike's only family. No excuses for not hugging at the wedding.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the wedding will happen in 708, which is the 100th episode. It would be a great reason to celebrate onscreen.

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 03-09-2017 at 08:43 AM
Old 03-10-2017, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
TFTNT! They are the OTP of the show. I am meah about Darvey too
well I'm not I'm a huge Darvey shipper actually but every time Gabriel speaks about them, I totally disagree with him so I prefer when he speaks about Marvey, it melts my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Leonie~ (View Post)
If I have to get out of here, I'll close the thread jk