Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 06:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarplum
Sub, have you made an avatars using the new 100x100 size?
No, not yet. The only one I have is my Cade Foster (Subject 117) avatar that I'm using right now. You can PM pics/ideas that you want for an avatar and I can see what I can do.

onedur the icons. Maybe some Weevil/Veronica...
Old 01-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedur
Here are a few LJ icons that I made that can be used as avatars. I'm happy to share, and I plan on making more soon.
God HELP me I snagged Logan! lol I was such a Troy fan but now I'm all about Logan.

Great job on those BTW

Any news on when our new board will be added
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Here are a few LJ icons that I made that can be used as avatars. I'm happy to share, and I plan on making more soon.
Thanks! I snagged the pink Logan icon/avatar. It's bootyful.

Jason is hot.

Icon from...somewhere. I don't know. Sorry!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
onedur the icons. Maybe some Weevil/Veronica...
Heh heh, can I second that?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
These are great! I snagged them all. I especially love 8 and 12.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay onedur, pretty icons. Just so everyone knows, the new size dimensions of FF avatars coincide with LJ icons. There is an LJ icon community for VM here (<---link)that has tons of VM icons. Livejournal isn't really a message board in the same sense that FF is, so I assume linking is ok.

Last edited by Candygirl; 01-24-2005 at 08:57 PM
Old 01-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it looks like we're "probably" going to get a board this month.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 01-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it looks like we're "probably" going to get a board this month.
I think you guys definetly showed your anger for losing by one vote last month. Congrats!

If I watched the show I would post w/ you, but hey that's what OT threads are for.

kenny | credit
Old 01-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Yeah, though it took long enough!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Really, I think we're fairly lucky. Veronica Mars has only been on for half a season and we're getting a board!

Clearly, a show that can draw this many votes must be good.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 01-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Actually, I think most of the TV show boards here were created during the show's first season, many very early in the first season. I think the Smallville board was active after the first episode or so.

I'm not gonna get picky about timing though, I'm just excited that we'll finally have a place to discuss all the different characters/ships/storylines.

FYI, NeptuneSite has a optimistic quote from show creator, Rob Thomas. He seems to think that if ratings improve at all, VM will get a second season. It's sooo great to hear that UPN is so supportive of the show. It's a refreshing change from the faithless network-that-shall-not-be-named *cough*FOX*cough*.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl
It's a refreshing change from the faithless network-that-shall-not-be-named *cough*FOX*cough*.
Lemme guess, a "Tru Calling" fan?

kenny | credit
Old 01-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
Lemme guess, a "Tru Calling" fan?
Add Wonderfalls, Dark Angel, Space: Above and Beyond, Millennium and countless other GOOD shows to fall to the F double XX network

This whole voting for new boards is a relatively new thing as FF was founded in the late-90s during the height of the rebirth of some of the teen shows like Dawson's Creek, Roswell and Felicity AND when the internet was still coming into its own as a viable communications tool compared to today where "everything and everyone" is on the net.

Back then, shows were pretty much guranteed boards form the start if the show had 'buzz' around it, but especially, if it was a youth-oriented show since FF caters to mostly young posters who are fans of these shows.

It was also a more of a community geared toward actually breaking into the business (entertainment) as we used to have a screenwriters and film makers board as well as other resouces for serious fans looking to network as well. I kind of miss those days
Old 01-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
It was also a more of a community geared toward actually breaking into the business (entertainment) as we used to have a screenwriters and film makers board as well as other resouces for serious fans looking to network as well. I kind of miss those days
Really? Wow, I wish I would have been around when it first started out.

Yeah, I still can't get over Fox for cancelling "Family Guy", but looks like they realized the mistake they made, and it's coming back. Also, "Futurama", "The Critic", yeah they like to get rid of the good ones.

I've never seen/heard of "Wonderfalls".

kenny | credit
Old 01-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR

I've never seen/heard of "Wonderfalls".
Well, that's understandable.

FOX has no respect for their shows. The don't give them any time to find an audience? Wonderfalls, which I really enjoyed, was canceled after four episodes. Skin, three. girls club, one! They can't expect a show to do that well in such a short amount of time! It has to find its audience and settle.

Not to mention Dark Angel, and one of my favorite shows, Firefly.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top