Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

What about doctor-patient confidentiality? Though I'm not sure how that works when it's a rape of a minor. If she was pregnant or had a STD, I think the doctor couldn't say anything to parents without consent but I'm not sure if it applies when a crime has been committed.

Yes, it is unfortunate that many rapes go unreported because people are scared or embarassed. Or because they think no one will believe them. But it is also doesn't help that there are many women who do lie about being raped so they can extort money from their "rapist."

Or if it's a minor, they lie about getting raped rather than admit than they are having sex. Especially when the parents find out. That has something to do with the double standard where women who have sex are ****s. So rather than be labelled a ****, they will lie and say they were raped instead. I don't agree with the reasoning but it happens.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
I will not censor, or cow-tow what I post just because this board is comprised of mostly females in their teens to mid-20s. Everyone claims to want to discuss the show and other subjects on FF like adults, then let's discuss it and not have knee-jerk reactions and mass hysteria on an anonymous message board then.
No one is asking you to edited your post. Things have been said by both men and women on the boards of that nature. As long as no bashing is going on there is no problem. We all have had experiences that give us certain veiws on the opposite sex.

Quote:
GUY: Hey Veronica.
VERONICA: *no response*
GUY: Wanna have sex?
VERONICA: *gurgle* *drool* [because she's PASSED OUT]
GUY: That drool meant she said yes! No jail time for me... La la la.

Oh yeah, no way in hell that'd be considered rape.
I don't think anyone is saying that wouldn't be rape. The point brought up is what if she was awake and giving indications that she did want things to continue. Due to the drugs perhaps or that she was drunk.. then she woke up and couldn't remember what she had done the last night after the pool. When people drink they are not always aware of something they have done that night. I know I hit on some of my friends when I was drunk..didn't remember doing it but they said I did.

Quote:
On a sidenote, I wonder what happens when Duncan mixes his medication with alcohol. Hmm....
I second that hmm... Even though I still leaning towards Logan.

Quote:
But enough talk about rape, it's turning this thread into a sparring zone. Why don't we talk about something less fight-ensuing.
Yeah, let move on to the murder for the moment anyone have any new or old theories they want to bring up? Of course if you still want to discuss the rape and rape in general your free to do so. As long as it doesn't lead to breaking of the rules. (bashing).

Quote:
That has something to do with the double standard where women who have sex are ****s. So rather than be labelled a ****, they will lie and say they were raped instead.
I know a lot of ****s both male and female.... A few of my friends have told me that they were raped before. They never did anything about it though. I'm not sure why.. they have their reasons. .....
Old 01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think it should be left to a jury to decided. Other then that this law doesn't seem right. I mean it kind of has a doubled standard applied. I mean guys have drunken sex with drunk girls all the time. It seems to me that if more people were aware of this crime then we would have more rape cases all over the place. My cousin for instance had drunken sex and it resulted with a baby. Could he claim that the girl raped him because he had an altered state of mind? It just doesn't seem fair. Then again a lot of thing are not fair to either sex in the eyes of the law. Rape just stands out the most because you never hear of a male rape unless the male was underage.
I think it is left up to the jury to decide. Like I said, I'm not a lawyer or a legal expert. All I know is that if she's drugged, she can't give consent.

And UM, I know you don't mean to come off as chauvenistic, but whatever it is that you're trying to say, you're saying it all wrong sweetie. From your head to your fingers to our eyes and our perceptions, it seems to be translating wrong. I think we should just drop it all together and stick to the facts that we know.

Like, Veronica believes she was drugged and raped. Fact.

Icon from...somewhere. I don't know. Sorry!

Last edited by sugarplum; 01-20-2005 at 05:15 PM
Old 01-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree, while the rape discussion is interesting, maybe it would be better off on another thread...or board?

Kristen Bell said that the rapist would be revealed so there must be an actual person. I don't think she was trying to cryptic what with the rape not actually happening, so we will just to have wait and see.

Sigh, even those of us who are spoiled don't know who it is. Damn, and I was hoping to mentally prepare myself if it does turn out to be Logan or Duncan.

ETA: Unless something goes terribly wrong in the next few days, I'd say we'll get a board next month. We are way in the lead. Brad Pitt is a distant second.

Last edited by shlee; 01-20-2005 at 08:37 PM
Old 01-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlee
Kristen Bell said that the rapist would be revealed so there must be an actual person. I don't think she was trying to cryptic what with the rape not actually happening, so we will just to have wait and see.

I remember reading that by the end of the season, the rapist, or "drugger" from whichever side of the debate you're on, would be revealed, we'd find out what really happened to Lianne, and we'll find out who killed Lilly.

Sorry I haven't been around... I totally forgot about the thread! I've been all over the IMDB VM board!

Man... Veronica Mars is my new favorite show. I have officially announced that Veronica Mars is my new favorite show, quickly surpassing Alias, Desperate Housewives, and Lost. My friend has all the old episodes on his computer, and I watched them all. I love this show.

Oh, and watching those shows just increases my suspicion of Celeste Kane.

Anyway, I'm addicted. I'm experiencing withdrawl. This show is just so incredible. If it gets cancelled I don't know what I'd do... I've never had a show get cancelled on me. Shows that get cancelled quick I didn't have time to get attached to, and the long-running ones either got really crappy or were ready to end. At least I know there's a full season, but man.

Especially when these episodes keep getting better and better... Clash of the Tritons was great! And Alyson Hannigan's going to be on... even better!

Kristin Bell is amazing. Amazing. She makes me laugh and is beleivable in everything... man, I could go on forever.

This thread is my new home. Veronica Mars is my new life! Muahahahaha!

Whoo. Sorry.

Anyway.

Josh'sTexasGal, the next episodes airing should be Credit Where Credit's due and Meet John Smith, that's what I thought, but if they are Meet John Smith and The Wrath of Con, those episodes are 3 and 4, respectively. And glad to see you've joined the VM bandwagon.

As for the rape thing, as long as Veronica was unconcious or uncapable of saying no, I consider it rape.

Also, anyone have any good Kristin Bell/Veronica avatars?

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 01-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Irony
Also, anyone have any good Kristin Bell/Veronica avatars?

Old 01-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Wow. Did you make all of those yourself? They're great! I especially like the ones I kept in the quote...

Anyway, I'll probably be using one within the hour.

"I know who you are..."

Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Irony
Wow. Did you make all of those yourself? They're great!
Yes, I did and thank you. I can't wait until we have a board with an avatar thread so many more fans can start making avatars.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Yes, I did and thank you. I can't wait until we have a board with an avatar thread so many more fans can start making avatars.
And not to jink us, but I'm pretty sure we're getting a board.

I sent "Veronica" some e-mails at the site. I'd love to see if she answers one! I'm assuming those letters that are up are from fans.

EDIT: Just rewatched "Clash of the Tritions".... if I hadn't fallen in love with Veronica a bunch of times before, I so would've fallen in love with her when she goes "Oh, you stop it!" to Lamb after he reads "Veronica Mars is smarter than me."

And let's no mention One Way or Another.

"I know who you are..."

Last edited by Cruel Irony; 01-21-2005 at 02:50 AM
Old 01-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

That was my favorite part from Clash of the Tritons too, Sub!

Icon from...somewhere. I don't know. Sorry!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Wonderful avatars, Subject.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarplum
That was my favorite part from Clash of the Tritons too, Sub!
Which? The karaoke or the dollar?

Oh, I was watching I Love the 90's Part Deux, and Enrico Colantoni was on.

"I know who you are..."

Old 01-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
It's only inflamatory and offensive if you and other women want it to be. Others are offering differing legal and personal points of view and experiences to the topic -- rape -- at hand. This is what adult discussion is about.
Blah blah blah, I don't even feel like copying it.

ADULT discussion is NOT about making mass generalizations about an entire population. Especially when those generalization insinuate that rape is something made up by women to cover their mistakes.

I was asking you to speak with caution, because I was certain that no intelligent adult would insinuate what you did. I figured it must have come out wrong. Guess not.

I'm highly peeved at the tone of your post, since it was directed at me, but I'm not going to go into it here. I think we've decided to keep the thread sparring-free. I'd be more than happy to talk to you in PM if you'd like.

Sigh.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl
ADULT discussion is NOT about making mass generalizations about an entire population. Especially when those generalization insinuate that rape is something made up by women to cover their mistakes.
Yes... Even though it is TRUE from time to time. Hence, it is not a "generalization".

By the way...

Generalization is used as a panic button here on FF whenever someone doesn't agree with someone and doesn't really want to admit that the person may have a valid point.

Generalization is also used as a way to avoid the topic at hand and or paint the person who may have said something that actually causes another person to re-evaluate their position as having lesser credibility.

Not to be a jerk, but it doesn't bother me if on this anonymous message board, my "credibility" is lowered by you, or anyone else.

I am also not going to be "Politically Correct" and just go along with the "rape is rape and only rapes can happen this way" mentality in terms of just going along with the crowd because what I brought up is a REAL and VALID reality of the world whether you want to admit it.

This is what I think you have a problem with... And I don't know what you want me to do. This is what I meant by the censor, or edit myself comment I made earlier. Hence, why I believe adult convesations should include not so pleasant things sometimes. Hell, we're talking about rape here to begin with. You can't take the "good" with the "bad' if you want to have a serious discussion that takes into account ALL factors is my point.

In closing, am not going to PM you as this is far as I am going to go regarding this issue.

I stated my point. You disagree. Let's move on.

Last edited by UnsilentMajorty; 01-21-2005 at 08:28 PM
Old 01-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, rape is bad!

Heh.

Whoo...

Veronica looks funny! See! In the picture... she looks... y'know odd.

"I know who you are..."

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top