Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Television Awards Results!!: The insane wait is over!!

The results are in...feel free to debate, celebrate, and anticipate next years hopefully much better planned and executed awards. The results will be rolled out over the course of this week...so keep checking back in for your favorite categories.

Here's the first wave....

Best New Drama
3rd Place - Joan of Arcadia
2nd Place - One Tree Hill
1st Place - The O.C.

Best New Comedy
2nd Place - Two and a Half Men
1st Place - Arrested Development

Worst New Show
3rd Place - Coupling
2nd Place - The Mullets
1st Place - The Swan

Best Reality Show
3rd Place - Survivor Pearl Islands
2nd Place - American Idol 3
1st Place - Survivor All Stars

They Cancelled My Show!!
3rd Place - Karen Sisco
2nd Place - Wonderfalls
1st Place - Angel

Okay people theres the first set. I will tell you that the tightest category in this bunch and in the entire voting process was the race for first place in best new drama between The O.C. and One Tree Hill which were seperated by 22 votes.

Also, this group of awards had the two biggest blowout categories. The margin of victory between Arrested Development and the second place Two and A Half Men was over 212 votes difference in the Best New Comedy category. The margin between Angel and Wonderfalls for the "They Cancelled My Show" category was also large at 180 votes between the two great shows.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooooooooooooo Thank you so much for the results.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you so much! I love both OTH and OC but I love OTH more! Thanks agan!

Old 12-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Banned

Thanks yet, again.

I just started The O.C. this season and it's great. Knowing that 22 votes made the difference between the OC and OTH is a wow!

Last edited by Subject; 12-07-2004 at 02:33 AM
Old 12-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely agree with Angel being the show that never should've been canceled!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

WooHoo Joan of Arcadia placed 3rd!!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Woohoo for The O.C, and for Joan of Arcadia! Two of my favourite shows!
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Weeee for The O.C
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Yessss, The OC! Wow, close call between that and One Tree Hill. 22 votes, oh my.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

sorry, but WTF??? OTH got more votes than JoA? Does anyone actually watch both shows, cause the diffrence in acting and writing is a MAJOR diffrence. I guess people like their eye candy though....
Old 12-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LPwings
sorry, but WTF??? OTH got more votes than JoA? Does anyone actually watch both shows, cause the diffrence in acting and writing is a MAJOR diffrence. I guess people like their eye candy though....
I watch all 3 in the top 3 of Best New Drama and I understand why they fell that way. JoA is an excellent show but there were so many episodes even in the first season that suffered from being really depressing. That being said it was still an excellent show. OTH started out in a way that some people would have called mediocre but was still able to appeal to the teen angst loving masses and its popularity grew throughout the season right along with the quality of television the show was.

JoA probably loses a few viewers in believability. Talking to God may turn a few viewers off as being too sci-fi or even worse too "Touched By An Angel" which anyone who watches the show knows is not the case.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Round 2

Best Couple
3rd Place - Fred/Wesley (Angel)
2nd Place - Seth/Summer (The O.C.)
1st Place - Luke & Lorelai

Worst Couple
3rd Place - Clark/Lana (Smallville)
2nd Place - Sydney/Vaughn (Alias)
1st Place - Ryan/Marissa (The O.C.)

Best Villian
3rd Place - Illyaria (Angel)
2nd Place - Dan Scott (One Tree Hill)
1st Place - Sark (Alias)

Best Death Scene
3rd Place - Lauren (Alias)
2nd Place - Dr Romano vs. Helicopter pt 2(ER)
1st Place - Wesley (Angel)
Old 12-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Banned

I all the couples so the top 3 really fits well. I don't really dislike any of those worst couples. I have heard bad things about Ryan/Marissa (The O.C) I haven't seen the first season of the O.C yet and that's where their relationship happens.

I don't know the other shows so Illyaria will be #1 for me. Same goes for Wesley's death scene. I'm not sure it was so much the death scene or the fact that it was Wesley and he asked to see "Fred" while he was dying..

Last edited by Subject; 12-09-2004 at 04:20 AM
Old 12-09-2004, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Woohoo for L/L & S/S!

Quote:
I have heard bad things about Ryan/Marissa (The O.C) I haven't seen the first season of the O.C yet and that's were their relationship happens.
R/M at the start of the first season we actually pretty tolerable. Heck I even liked them in the first few episodes, mainly because they actually weren't together. But as soon as they hooked up, they sucked (I blame most of the suckyness due to Marissa's stupid behaviour). And now I wish that they never hook up ever again. Because Ryan now has Lindsay, which is a thousand times way better.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

YAY SETH AND SUMMER!!!!! 2nd is cool!

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top