Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
No offense to Mike & Rachel shippers, I just like them more. I'm actually really surprised to see Katrina recur on the show. I thought they'd just drop her character and not let her come back.
Lol I really wish people would stop with the no offends since I am literally the only mr fan on here. We all like what we like. I like the actress, but I never sa a spark with mike.
I just wish they would do something with darvey or drop it.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a Mike/Rachel fan too, but I don't ship them--I really don't ship many TV will-they-or-won't-they couples. Most of my favorite couples on television are already married (Coach/Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights, Henry/Elizabeth McCord on Madam Secretary, etc.)

I never saw a romantic spark between Katrina and Mike either, but I did like them as friends and colleagues.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
I'm a Mike/Rachel fan too, but I don't ship them--I really don't ship many TV will-they-or-won't-they couples. Most of my favorite couples on television are already married (Coach/Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights, Henry/Elizabeth McCord on Madam Secretary, etc.)

I never saw a romantic spark between Katrina and Mike either, but I did like them as friends and colleagues.
I shipped them more in s1-3. But, I was always more into the friendships especially between MH and DR. I also stanned the hell out of Jessica.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
im a mike/katrina fan too. but rachel's always been meh to me.

donna's ex is a hottie. hope we get to see some jealousy from harvey.
another M/K fan Jay looks delicious when does he come ? I'm so excited for his arc and I hope you're right about jealous Harvey it would make my day

Last edited by cyndie57; 08-15-2017 at 01:03 AM
Old 08-15-2017, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I also stanned the hell out of Jessica.
I don't know exactly what that means, but yes, Jessica is a fierce woman (and I hope the spin-off Aaron is developing for her comes to fruition. I know it won't happen but I would love for Gina Torres to do something with Christine Baranski, who already has her own spin-off series).

Quote:
I was always more into the friendships especially between MH and DR.
As am I. I'm not sure why but fictional romances are difficult to write in a way that doesn't seem contrived, and too many lose their appeal because the writers don't bring the couple together in a timely way that is organic to the story and satisfying to viewers. Suits writers have done okay in that regard, although it's nearing time for Mike/Rachel to get married (or decide not to) and for Harvey/Donna to deal with unrecognized or repressed feelings.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
Not that I want airtime devoted to these characters, but so much this. That Nathan is foolish enough to risk both the reputation and the financial status of his own clinic does not reflect well on his ability to manage or mentor a group of mostly young and untested lawyers.
Oliver's too green and stupid to know how badly he's messing up but consequences of making poor choices could be a hard-earned lesson.

Mike could begin his redemption by calling out either or both of these idiots for speaking with such contempt for the people Mike refers to as "family", which includes his fiance. I want blowback for Mike to come from more than Rachel and Harvey--I want Donna and Louis to get in on that action. And Jessica too, for that matter. As long as her name is on the wall, she wields power and influence.
Lol- true. I really don't want to see more of Oliver and Nathan! But if I could watch them getting taken down a peg or two- that would be worth watching. Maybe the first scenes of theirs I'd consider truly worth my time.

Agreed-Mike needs to face the music with Donna and Louis and Jessica too. He's screwing them over in this endeavor, too.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Louis is getting irritating.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
Louis is getting irritating.
Louis has always been irritating on some level, but he's has evolved over the years, albeit at a snail's pace, and become a bit less of a bully. Change is hard for everyone, but especially so for people like Louis who tend to let their emotions control or dictate their actions, even when those actions are irrational or, at least, taken without consideration to the consequences.

Louis is in the midst of growing pains. His recent lashing out at his therapist was intended for Harvey, and although he shouldn't have "acted out" with his therapist either, that was the safer, wiser choice for Louis. Even better, he later apologized.

Similarly, his handling of Paula's case was professional and without judgement, plus he kept his word to Harvey, albeit barely. Another sign of growth.

Of course, with Louis, everything is two steps forward, one step back (or three steps back), and human growth is rarely linear.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 AM
New Fan

Mike has really frustrated me lately for many reasons, but I hit on another: he's coming across as very ungrateful and entitled. I know he's emotionally attached- but that's not new for him.

He just got his law license- which never would have happened without Harvey and Jessica, among others. So- his first move is.....to lie to Harvey and violate the noncompete. He jeopardizes the future a lot of people worked hard to obtain for him and the firm they all work at. Wonderful. Way to say thanks.

Then, there is his deal with Harvey. It's an incredibly nice deal- which benefits MIKE more than anyone. Mike got- Harvey's old office, a raise, 2 years worth of funding for the clinic, the ability to spend half his time on pro bono work and leeway on cases he chose and who he worked with. So Mike.....goes and does the one thing Harvey asks him not to do. Wow.

This brings me back to Rachel. I'm rather ambivalent about her and Mike. And it's mostly because she doesn't tend to hold him accountable for anything for more than 2 seconds. Her suggesting maybe Harvey should fire him is a nice step forward for her. And very long overdue.

Last edited by Erin9; 08-15-2017 at 09:16 AM
Old 08-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Right now, I like where Harvey & Louis relationship is but I doubt this will last long as they're always at each other's throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
donna's ex is a hottie. hope we get to see some jealousy from harvey.
Harvey will definitely be jealous. And then we're back to Darvey not getting together yet again. I don't see Harvey & the therapist lasting long either.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Right now, I like where Harvey & Louis relationship is but I doubt this will last long as they're always at each other's throats.
Will be surprised if it lasts until the end of the mid season finale, and they probably will be at each other's throats again sooner rather than later.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
and I love it they're fun to watch

Quote:
Harvey will definitely be jealous. And then we're back to Darvey not getting together yet again. I don't see Harvey & the therapist lasting long either.
I'm afraid you're right the wait is so frustrating to the point it has become laughable for Darvey shippers
Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Old 08-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Yes i am so here for this!
Old 08-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Except where firm business is concerned--and sometimes not even then--Harvey and Louis are simply too different to be close friends. But, having said that, I can see them reaching a more peaceful co-existence and partnership, especially now that Louis is becoming more self-aware. In some ways they are like brothers who don't always get along but somehow still love each other.

The news about Gina's spin-off is the best Suits-related news I've heard in a while, and the Deadline article is full of speculative spoilery tidbits that I hope come to fruition. Imagine, Jessica Pearson daring to enter the dirty world of Chicago politics. (The note about Dule Hill possibly taking his character, Alex Williams, to Chicago has me like That would be awesome.)

ETA: About 706

Let's begin with Louis. Stephanie's sexual harassment lawsuit was completely legitimate, and she would not have been at fault for pursuing it despite Louis's contrition. I'm glad she dropped it--honestly, I don't give Stephanie (or any of the new associates) much thought when they're not on-camera--but perhaps Louis will finally begin to think before he lashes out. At least, he's starting to recognize his own worst self.

At least Mike's not keeping secrets anymore...well, except about his contact with Gallo, from Rachel. I don't know where the Gallo arc is going, but Harvey is still afraid of that man, with good reason. Mike's attempt to strike a deal with him might be the single most foolish choice (among several) Mike is making right now.

Interesting that when Rachel challenged Mike to choose pro bono vs. corporate, Mike stopped working the pro bono...for now. I expect similar conversations to be revisited in future, in different contexts.

As for the prison case itself--I'm with Harvey. I never want to hear about any of it again, but since we've come this far...I did enjoy Mike finally giving Oliver a much-needed dose of reality, but I just wish someone could get though to Mike. If not Harvey or Rachel, then who? I'm at a complete loss.

Alex is a wild card. He's definitely protecting himself, but until I know exactly what he (and/or his old firm) did, I'm withholding judgement. Still, it must be pretty bad.

Finally, significant movement in the saga of Harvey and Donna. Now, they're not going to fall together next episode, but I think both, but especially Donna, are becoming aware of feelings for each other, even if they're not exactly connecting. I really loved the conversation between Donna and Rachel, and want to see scenes like that, and not just between Donna and Rachel. PSL hasn't felt like a family for most of this season, and I miss it.

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 08-16-2017 at 08:55 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top