Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
yeah i want a new love interest for lip, but not someone so nice and smart like he probably really should be with. that doesnt seem that intersting to me.

id like to see someone who challenges him and makes him work.
I wouldn't mind seeing how he would be with someone who is smarter than him. He is so used to being the smartest person in the room it would be nice to see him have to reach someone else's level.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would like that if she was like, rude to him lol.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm not a fan of lip or karen.

I just want 24/7 focus on Fiona.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

mehhhh.

i love lip. and ian. and mickey. and carl.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

I'm indifferent but I would rather focus on Gallaghers plus Kevin and V. I'm not hugely interested in Molkovich's when it doesn't involve Ian.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (View Post)
i'm not a fan of lip or karen.

I just want 24/7 focus on Fiona.
ditto
Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love the Gallaghers, Kev & V, but I want to see more of Mickey. I think he's a great character & the actor who portrays him, Noel Fisher, is really good. Not to mention I think he's pretty nice to look at.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

i want to see more of him too, and without ian around (or at least AS much) it could be interesting.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Hi everyone! I'm a new fan of the show. I wish I had discovered this show years ago. I had never heard of this show but recently saw something about it online and decided to start watching. Over the last two weeks I've watched every single episode, I'm beyond excited for season 4!

This has got to be one of the most underrated shows on television. Maybe the fact that it's on Showtime is why many people don't know about the show. It's fantastic, I love that it's such a real show and tells honest stories.

Since I'm a new fan, my thoughts on all the characters:

Frank - I have a love/hate relationship with the man. He is an absolute horrible father and person. However, you can't help but love certain things about him. William H. Macy is such an incredible actor and has done an amazing job with this character. One thing I can say, when Frank gets on a rant...it's always epic! Also, I think at the end of the day he does love his kids. He's just an incredibly selfish person.

Fiona - She is the opposite of Frank. The girl is completely selfless. She has so many qualities that make her an amazing human being but she also has her flaws just like all the other characters. I may not always like the decisions she makes but I have so much respect for her and the fact that she's basically been the mother of the family. She's incredibly strong and completely vulnerable at the same time. Emmy Rossum is an amazing actress. Also, I'm ready for her to move on from Jimmy.

Steve/Jimmy - I'm not going to lie, I don't really like him. He's just ok. At times they were a cute couple but for the most part I honestly don't care about him and Fiona. There was always too many lies in that relationship and it seemed like he was never going to be content with the lifestyle of the Gallagher family. I guess he's just a character that I won't really miss.

Veronica - I really like her. She has always been there for the Gallagher family and has always seemed to have a good heart. I was totally creeped out by the story line with Carol, her mother. I can totally understand why Veronica started to have freak outs about her mom and Kevin being together. I'm glad she is finally going to be a mother though.

Kevin - I really like him too. He's a good guy. He was adorable with the Ethel story line, on a side note...I totally miss Ethel. I wish she would come back. He was a great dad to her and it really showed what a caring person he is. Him and Veronica are a great couple.

Carl - This kid is crazy! At times I'm not as invested in Carl as the rest of the characters but then he has moments that win me over. Like the scene in the hospital when he's shaving Frank's head. That was a great scene.

Debbie - I adore her. She is such a great girl. I feel bad for her most of the time and wish she was able to have more in her life. She has had some great story lines. I loved when she was black mailing Steve/Jimmy. She's such a smart girl and very observant. I know some people think she's annoying but I don't, she's just a little girl living in not great conditions. It's not the ideal place for a young girl. She makes the best of what she has.

Ian - I love him. He is definitely one of my favorite characters. I love his relationship with Lip. I love that they're so close and can always talk openly and honestly with each other. I really didn't want Ian to rush off to the army because I want to see more of him. It seems he is just running away from his problems. He has always came across as such a caring guy. I have so much respect for him that he has accepted who he is and isn't afraid. I just want him to be happy!

Lip - Such a great guy to his family and he has so much potential. I love that the character is so intelligent and really could go anywhere in life but struggles with that pressure that's put upon him. I'm glad he actually graduated high school and I really hope he goes to college in season 4. I think season 4 will be a great one for him. I wish he would get over Karen and focus on reaching his full potential because he deserves to get out of that hell hole neighborhood.

Sheila - I'm not even joking she's seriously one of my favorite characters. She makes me laugh all the time which I love. She's such an interesting character and has come such a long way in the three seasons. She's totally wacky and crazy but I love her. It seems like she always tries to be a good person.

Karen - Some people seem to like Karen...which I completely don't understand. Without a doubt she is my least favorite character on the show, along with Terry Milkovich and that's saying something because he is trash. I completely dislike the girl. I don't even have time to go into all the reasons I hate her. Maybe I'm shameless too because I honestly didn't mind at all when she was hit by a car. I would be fine with her never coming back.

Jody - I never had a problem with him, I actually think he is a great guy and has done a lot for the Jackson family. I did like him with Sheila. Even though it was an odd relationship they were good for each other but I guess it was only temporary. I'm fine not seeing him again if that means we never have to see Karen again.

Mandy - I really like her character. She's totally crazy but has a good heart and good intentions even when she does bad things. A lot of people seem to hate on the actress but I think she has portrayed Mandy really well. I like the friendship between Ian and Mandy. It's great that they both have someone that they can consider a good friend. She truly cares about Lip and Ian and I love that about her. I feel bad for her because she was raised in a truly disgusting environment by a horrible man. Yet, she still manages to have compassion for people and want them to have a better life even if she can't have that life herself.

Mickey - Seriously in love with this kid. He is the character on the show that I want to see more of. He's really only been in the show a little bit with the story line with Ian. I need to see more of him because I feel like there is so much about Mickey that we have yet to see. The character has grown and changed so much in the three seasons with very little material. I think season 4 will be a great chance to really explore the character. Mickey's scenes in season 3 made me fall in love with him. I think he and Mandy are both very compelling characters. Behind the bad boy exterior he is just a broken kid who has been raised by a truly vile person and is very much a product of his environment. He is struggling with this identity and it's an interesting journey to watch unfold. I can't help but root for him and want him to find a better life.

Monica - I hate her for what she's done to this family. However, it does seem at times that she's trying to change for the better. I guess I can hope that she will come back some day a changed woman, but that's unlikely. I have a love/hate relationship with her, just like Frank.

Ian/Lip/Mandy/Mickey are probably the four characters that interest me the most right now. I think there is so much for the writers to explore with these characters and they're all at an important time in their lives where life changing things are taking place. In season 4 I would love for these characters to get more screen time.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

pretty much agree with that entire post! other than jody who i really could care less about.

lip, ian, mickey are definitely my favorite characters.

i think my least favorites are probably jody, and karen. (and of course terry)

i dont hate jimmmy or frank, but they annoy me at times.

all the others kinda fit somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome to the Shameless Family! I think this show is one of the best on television right now & I also think that like yourself people are slowly finding their way to it. Which is great.

Oddly enough I think Shameless has the same problem that Friday Night Lights did and that is people assumed they knew what it was about and without even giving it a chance they pushed it aside. Which is a shames because they both happen to be amazing.

I love: Mickey, Ian, Lip, Fi, V, & Kev

I like: Sheila, Mandy, Carl, & Debbie

I have a love/hate relationship with Frank

I could care less about: Jody, Karen, & Stimmy (Jimmy/Steve)

I hope dies a horrible painful death: Terry

83 days to go!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

seems like a long time still.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Each day is a day closer
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone watched the UK version of Shameless? If so, what did you think about it and how does it compare to the US version?

After reading comments online it seems like people are very much split in what series they prefer. There are a lot of people who think the American version is actually better, but just as many people who think it doesn't even compare to the British version. I tried watching the UK version on YouTube and it just felt all wrong because I kept wanting to compare it to the characters in the American version. Maybe I would feel differently if I had watched the UK version first (since it actually came first) but after watching the US version I just can't get into the UK version at all. Obviously I have respect for the UK version of the show because it inspired the US version that I've completely fallen in love with. However, I just can't seem to watch it without critiquing it. I guess it's likely that the version you watch first is the one you prefer.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

i only saw the pilot and though i enjoyed it, i could see myself losing interest quick. especially because i heard all the characters basically leave the show.

and theres something about british humor that is awkward for me.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top