Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
I think their reason for NOT ENOUGH VIEWERS is complete BS. To cancel an amazing show like this is a monumental slap in the face......
Yes, I agree but the decision stood even after fans of the show launched an amazing fight to persuade Netflix to change their mind. It didn't work.

Netflix responded on Tumblr:

Sense8

Then Brian Smith posted this heartfelt message on Twitter:
He linked to it from Instagram with this note:
Quote:
smithespisI've written a little something for the @sense8 family - was very hard to write, but very necessary. Please read if you get a moment. Love to you all.
Quote:
Dear Sense8 Family
I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank all of you for the love and support and fight you've put up the last week or so. In the wake of such bad news it was heartening to know that what Sense8 stood for meant so much to so many people.

And since you've been so extraordinarily passionate I feel it's only fair that you get more than lip service or a silly tweet from me.

Guys, there are no secrets here. I've been given the same reason for the cancelation that you have: viewership. As far as I'm aware there is no shady court intrigue that contributed to Netflix's decision, and I know that a lot of very smart people had to reach a consensus in order to pull the plug on a show that they had already invested an insane amount of capital in, even if that meant the story would never get an ending. I think the saddest part of finishing a show this way is knowing that future audiences will never pick up a story they know has no resolution. It's seems like such a waste.

However -

Do you remember when I tweeted on May 30, in response to a fan's concern that the show might get canceled, "This might be a good time to start making some noise"? I had a pretty clear idea by that point that Netflix had made their move, and I also knew from previous experience that once a cancellation is announced there is no going back. It is absolutely final, and the fans are left feeling helpless and angry. I stepped out of my lane and preempted the official announcement because you, our cluster, deserved to have your voices heard. And you came roaring back in a way I wasn't expecting. It was beyond awesome. I guarantee you, you were seen and you were heard.

Please know that the fight you all put up in trying to save something that you loved will forever be the "final season" of Sense8. YOU have given the show the ending it deserved. Even if that fight didn't have a happy ending, it meant something. Don't ever forget that.

Our Netflix producers Peter, Cindy and Tara were fans of the show from day one. They partied with us, encouraged us, supported us unconditionally. I do not envy the position they are in here. Netflix is a relatively young enterprise and these kinds of growing pains suck. But please remember that they made this strange, gorgeous, unconventional show possible in the first place, and the show would have continued if only the viewership justified the expense. It may not seem fair in the face of such passionate fan backlash, but it always, ALWAYS boils down to numbers.

There is no anger or bitterness in my heart. This boy from Texas got to see the world, got to work with the Wachowskis and that amazing cast and crew, many of whom are lifelong friends; got to meet so many of you. I think you can tell that I've grown a lot as an actor between seasons one and two. That's all I could ever want out of this experience. The rest is gravy.

You can all rest easy knowing that even though the show won't continue you've made a difference. You put up a good, hell no, a friggen GREAT fight. I will forever consider Sense8 to be a kind of Unfinished Symphony, a reminder to never take the things we love for granted. I'm going to miss the show and I'm going to miss Gorski, but I'm going forward and I'm never going to be the same.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

There are many who believe that, the statement was to take the focus off of Sense8 and put it back on OITNB, which was beginning the very next day. The Sense8 family revolt will go on.

Perhaps they'll at least make a 2 hour film to wrap things up, much like they did with Looking after that was cancelled.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I saw that post. Long before S2 aired, they knew where things were going, and filming costs would be WAY LESS for S3, seeing as everyone would be in the same place. I don't think Netflix had any intention of renewing the show after season 2 no matter what.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Perhaps they'll at least make a 2 hour film to wrap things up, much like they did with Looking after that was cancelled.
I would love that!! There were so many unfinished SL's at the end of that finale.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is so adorable. Fifth Harmony represents...

Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Gah I'm still having a hard time digesting the cancellation and the reasons they gave us.
MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have you guys seen this? TV Scoop Awards: Vote for the Best Drama and Best Comedy Now! | E! News

We can vote on a poll for Best Drama! They're ahead right now!
Old 06-15-2017, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

This is interesing - JMStraczynski's ideas for possible outcomes after Season 2.

What happens next.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Old 07-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

I'm happy and sad for the finale.

Happy: well at least we'll know what happens to the cluster. Wolfgang :`( I'm not ready to say goodbye.
Sad: the show could have more story to tell. 2 hours is all we have now.
MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I understand that, but 2 hours is better than nothing.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

not ready for it to be over, but I'm happy we're getting some closure and that we get a little bit more of these awesome characters
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

2 hours is definitely better that nothing.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

For sure! and it's great how much support the show got and that the fans were able to help bring it back even if for just a little bit
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Seeing all of that support was awesome!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top