Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do love guys named Dan and Penn. I love your Chuck icon also. My name is Tara BTW!

I enjoyed the Ricky and George scene a lot although it did bother me that Ricky was only focused on George calling him trash. I do get why it bothered him, its just that I just feel that Ricky should of cared a bit more about Amy and his baby after George's scolding.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Total Fan

gotta love that puff of smoke coming out of his mouth... and what a mouth! hi Tara! i'm Sharon!

yeah, i get the "bothering" thing... that's why i felt as though they dropped the bomb on Ricky a little.. it was just too quick of an about face. i understand that he was so ticked about being called trash, that was in character with what we had seen thus far (even though we might not like it), but him deciding he wanted to take responsibility.. that was just too fast.

so technically, i agree with you tara i just embellished a little
Old 08-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CopperBoom* (View Post)
I do love guys named Dan and Penn. I love your Chuck icon also. My name is Tara BTW!

I enjoyed the Ricky and George scene a lot although it did bother me that Ricky was only focused on George calling him trash. I do get why it bothered him, its just that I just feel that Ricky should of cared a bit more about Amy and his baby after George's scolding.
I figured that's what spurred him to go see Amy.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
Old 08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Total Fan

yeah, it just took him a little bit, but hey, it was all in the same day
Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleechild (View Post)

And I liked the Ricky/Amy scene. He didnt know what the heck he was saying to her, and he didnt know how to handle anything and even though he tried to say that she had never been much of an independent thinker, he still accepted her answers about needing time to take what he'd said into account when making the decisions. I also thought that was very mature on her part too. She didn't immediately slam the door in his face, she was actually willing to listen and think about things.
I really liked that scene. It should us more to Ricky and I really liked that. I wished Amy opened up a bit more though she wanted to write him off so quickly IMO.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
gotta love that puff of smoke coming out of his mouth... and what a mouth! hi Tara! i'm Sharon!

yeah, i get the "bothering" thing... that's why i felt as though they dropped the bomb on Ricky a little.. it was just too quick of an about face. i understand that he was so ticked about being called trash, that was in character with what we had seen thus far (even though we might not like it), but him deciding he wanted to take responsibility.. that was just too fast.

so technically, i agree with you tara i just embellished a little
The puff of smoke is really hot.

Anyways Rickys taking responsibilty of his baby's did happen too fast although I was happy about that.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatina15 (View Post)
Exactly. Some of the scenes seem awkward - but then again, when do we ever, in real life, talk without there being awkward moments?
Oh completely!

Sometimes the acting on this show seems a little stale but in this case it's a very good thing. Everyone who's working on this show from the actors to the writers and producers to the creator herself are doing everything possible to make this show as accurate to reality as possible. In reality there are tons of moments that seem stale and not real. This show doesn't seem like it's scripted at all because the awkwardness of a lot of it is basically what goes on in real life especially in high school. I know I've had tones of stale and awkward moments myself. What person hasn't?

Look forward to tomorrows episode! I'm dying to know what the complication is. Although sadly I'm gonna have to wait until either Weds. or Thurs. to see the episode because I'm now back at the dorms without a tv.
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Total Fan

i think she wanted to write him off, but i think it still made an impression on her that he showed up and was making an attempt to be involved and useful. i think that she managed to get herself under control and make him leave, but deep down... he really did make an impression. and that gives me some hope.

i think i really like Amy/Ricky... i'm THIS close to officially calling them my ship... i need one more episode though, i think..
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

There will always be that one scene where your like that is so unreal,but I think thats why I like it. Even though some parts seems unrealistic or written in a way we won't get it makes the show different.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i think i really like Amy/Ricky... i'm THIS close to officially calling them my ship... i need one more episode though, i think..
LOL me too Episode 7 really opened me up the possibility of Ricky/Amy. I just saw their relationship in that whole senario, "He slept with another girl only to get another notch in his belt." But then come episode 7 that impression left. Maybe another episode or 2 though I will come to see and really ship Ricky & Amy. (I kind of hope so. Ricky is hot and Amy is my favorite character).
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I love The Secret Life...

Anyway, nobody knows the background of Ricky/Amy?.. i would love to see a flashback, to see how it all happend.

I wish Adrien and Jack hook up... i love them together.. and Grace annoys me...

I hope someday Grace is going to do something, like sex.. before marriage.. she's making a mistake whatever.. anything... she needs to make a mistake... :p
Old 08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Total Fan

look at R2R's siggie! Isn't it beautiful everyone? all these gorgeous siggies!

I had a problem shipping Ricky/Amy before now because they weren't showing Ricky with any heart. But finally, I think, he has some!

and yeah, definitely unrealistic scenes dana... i could do without all the bowman stuff, really. i was so glad there was like NONE of them this week, except for that one awkward moment, but i could live with that.

tara, if they put him in cigarette ads, more women would definitely take up smoking :X
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A backstory on Ricky and Amy would be nice. I mean we know that it happened at band camp a little before school started but it would be nice if it went into more detail.

I seriously don't want Grace to have sex. I mean like Adrian said, "It's normal" and I get that but I think it would be better if Grace continued going the opposite way. It's like this song says: "When everyone's setting the pace, it's okay to run the opposite way." And I like that Grace has a promise ring and isn't following the crowd. That shows a side to teenage life that isn't shown on television which personally I feel proud of.

Glad you like my sig. I might change the quote though as funny as it is. Don't want people looking over my shoulder at school. LOL.
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Total Fan

-pokes R2R-
scaredy cat!

just kidding. :giggle:

I think it'd be great if Grace remained a virgin too. I see her making other mistakes because she's so naive about a lot of things.. and if she's going to be come friends with Adrian, then... i can't wait to see what sort of shenanigans they get into
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL yes I am (a scardy cat).

Yeah, Grace making other mistakes besides sex would be nice. I really hope this show doesn't become one of those teen dramas where every teen character on the show has sex. Where's the fun in that?
Emma♥Neal
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top