Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Revenge: Season 1, Episode 5

That's what I'm talking about, really enjoyed this episode, a lot better than last week’s episode. A bit of a short review, I think I forgot some stuff...

„In revenge, as in life, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. In the end, the guilty always fall.”

Emily was looking awesome through the entire episode, breathtaking and not from this earth, how can the boys stay so cool acting opposite Queen Emily? Anyway, she did some pretty mean stuff today, and of course I enjoyed it a lot. Lydia showed up, I’m actually sad that it was her last appearance, she was a lot of fun today. First she showed up and wanted Emily’s house back, then she threatened Victoria, she got 10 million $ from Conrad, wow, of course Victoria didn’t like that. There were a lot of great face 2 face scenes between Lydia and Emily, Victoria and Conrad, a lot of fun. Bitter ending, Frank killed her, the fight was a bit funny, Frank being a man, Lydia a woman, but in the end he pushed her over the ceiling – and Nolan has everything on tape – he was shocked. I wonder what Emily thinks about that, she made it appear like Lydia had released last week’s video and a couple of other stuff like that one against senator Kingsley, can she live with that? How cold is her heart? Nolan + Emily = They are so much fun together: „What’s my little girl with the infinity tattoo up to today?” – “Suddenly she’s thinking of filing a restraining order.” and „It wouldn’t kill you to try to be nice to me.“ – “Not part of the plan.” Lydia really tried to go back to the Hamptons, though I didn’t get it until it was directly said, it made sense somehow. But now it’s over, Lydia is dead, Victoria surely will be shocked and Emily maybe, Conrad? What will he think about that? Can’t wait for episode 6.

Tyler fortunately had only a couple of scenes, I’m so blind, I don’t have any idea what his plans are? Daniel talked to Emily and he found out, that Tyler lied to him. So now the both aren’t friends anymore. But what is Tyler’s agenda? He now will work for Conrad okay, but why play Daniel this way? And why tell him about his father’s affair? But Emily now knows and she will kick his ass I hope. That will be interesting, cos Tyler is doing a very similar thing that Emily is doing, just in a smaller scale. That will be really interesting, I hope Tyler can carry a whole episode the way Lydia did today. Daniel was now back in the game, he realized that he had done wrong stuff, like the drinking, he doesn’t want to work with his dad, but in the bar with Jack, he has to. And he slept with Emily, what was that for a scene? He asked her like “let’s go to the bedroom”, don’t like Emily playing those scenes (think she never had to do such an explicit scene before. If it just happens once in a season, I’m okay with it.

Jack had some scenes, pretty not important how Charlotte got the 200.000 $ car from her mom, and got caught speeding and her brother bailed her out of jail – at least we saw a beautiful Emily and this impression on her face when Jack saw her with Daniel.

„For me, guilt is one of the few lanterns that still lights my way.“

Ratings are a little bit down, still a ~2.5, so that’s very okay I guess, still I hope for the day when ratings stay in that 2-3 area and we don’t have to worry about a 2nd season every week.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great review as usual.

I really loved the great stuff with Lydia, Emily and Victoria. There was definitely no love lost between those ladies. Lydia was definitely a fearless foe for Emily and Victoria with her getting on Emily`s trail and standing up to Victoria. In a way, Lydia got an indirect alliance going with Emily and Victoria. Plus i love seeing more of Victoria being the wicked queen that she is by going with the old "Keep your enemies closer" tactic with Lydia. As for her death, i hated to see her get killed off, because i think that she would`ve given Emily and Victoria even more trouble. I wish that Frank would`ve knocked her out and send her off to some faraway place.

Emily once again showed her brilliance by setting up Lydia to take the fall for her revenge moves. It was a nice move by her to throw any suspicious parties (i.e. Victoria, Conrad and Frank) off of her trail.

While i`m on the subject of Emily, i loved the scenes with her and Nolan. Those two have such a great dynamic between them. We all know that Nolan virtually worships the ground that Emily stand on and if necessary, he would kiss her foot, which i`m sure is one of the things he dream about doing with her.

As for the other stuff, Jack finding out what Tyler did served as good setup scenes, while Jack seeing Daniel and Emily together was bittersweet in that he was getting to know her and once again, he loses her to the rich guy. It was bittersweet seeing the disappointed look on Jack`s face.

Lastly i`m a bit surprised that Daniel and Emily got it on already. It was nice to get a little eyecandy from Emily. However the look on her face at the end spoke volumes about the guilt she was feeling in involving Daniel in her vendetta. It`s obvious that Emily likes Daniel a lot and is very torn on not only using him, but also in a way hurting him since his parents are the main targets.

Overall i thought that last night`s episode was very good. I loved all of the twists and turns in it and Lydia`s death has added even more to the web of intrigue, especially since Nolan got it on video. Now i can`t wait to see the next episode, especially since it looks like Emily will be going up against Tyler. It was only a matter of time before those two lock horns. I`m sure Emily has something special cooked up for Tyler. Of course there is the issue of Nolan having the video of Lydia falling to her death to deal with, which i`m sure Nolan will remind.

BTW i`m disappointed that the rating were down, but at the same time, at least Revenge stayed ahead of SVU.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Tyler needs to exit immediately. The only character I really hate.

Daniel isn't perfect but he is trying. I'm very interested in how he stands on his own. He seems genuine. I'm rooting for him and Emily though I wonder if she can really have a happen ending with the path she's on.

Still love Nolan.

And Victoria. Oh my. That speech to Lydia. Damn.

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

After every episode I am even more in love with this show. I mean, WOW!

Nolan is still my favorite, I loved how much fun he was having with his mission from Emily in cleaning up the mess. At least until he heard the sirens. I was worried that he would be caught, hopefully he didn't leave any evidence behind.

I really don't like either of Emily's romantic interests. I feel like Emily is sort of two different people, the real girl is Amanda and Emily is her vigilante identity. Then Amanda loves Jack and Emily loves Daniel. I guess I am rooting for Jack since if they end up together it will mean that Emily/Amanda survived her revenge.
(I don't really consider Nolan to be a love interest. N&E's chemistry is amazing but I'm just not into them romantically.)

This wasn't my favorite episode, probably my least favorite so far. I wasn't really interested in Lydia's death unless Nolan or Emily was involved and since we know they both make it to the engagement party, I wasn't too worried. I guess I spaced out more often this episode, but I will definitely tune in next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
And Victoria. Oh my. That speech to Lydia. Damn.
Chills. Nowadays insults just involve a lot of swearing, to cut really deep you need to express your true feelings in almost a poetical fashion.

I watch a lot of shows.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Great review as usual.
Thank you so much. Ran out of time, but wanted to finish posting the review, so it's a bit shorter.

Quote:
I really loved the great stuff with Lydia, Emily and Victoria. There was definitely no love lost between those ladies. As for her death, i hated to see her get killed off, because i think that she would`ve given Emily and Victoria even more trouble. I wish that Frank would`ve knocked her out and send her off to some faraway place.
Lydia (Amber Valletta) really showed that she can act, I enjoyed her being really pissed at both ladies. It's sad that she's now gone, of course it was "great" to see her get killed, cos it will be very interesting to see the reactions to that. I hope there will appear an equal character soon, the show needs one more person like that to gives us more than just Emily vs. Victoria (that's great of course, but not every time the same stuff). I hope her death was worth something.

Quote:
Emily once again showed her brilliance by setting up Lydia to take the fall for her revenge moves. It was a nice move by her to throw any suspicious parties (i.e. Victoria, Conrad and Frank) off of her trail.
Yeah, Emily showed how evil she is, cos if you know what Lydia does, she attacks the Graysons, than you know that it's def not impossible for Lydia ending up dead. So Emily must've been aware of that and still she did everything to let Victoria think that Lydia is a monster. That's actually cruel. I want to see Victoria's face, when she finds out, that Lydia didn't do anything of the things Victoria believes she did.

Quote:
While i`m on the subject of Emily, i loved the scenes with her and Nolan. Those two have such a great dynamic between them. We all know that Nolan virtually worships the ground that Emily stand on and if necessary, he would kiss her foot, which i`m sure is one of the things he dream about doing with her.
AGREE! So much fun, though Emily keeps pushing Nolan away, he doesn't give up and the dialoges are always fun. I hope there comes the time when Emily can accept everything Nolan did for her, but I think that will happen.

Quote:
As for the other stuff, Jack finding out what Tyler did served as good setup scenes, while Jack seeing Daniel and Emily together was bittersweet in that he was getting to know her and once again, he loses her to the rich guy. It was bittersweet seeing the disappointed look on Jack`s face.
You mean Daniel I think, Jack doesn't know. Perfectly written by you, it must feel so bitter for Jack, he knows that Emily prefers the rich boy. But he is lucky, cos he doesn't have a clue what she's up to and that she's only loving Daniel for other reasons, so there's hope for Jack/Emily.

Quote:
Overall i thought that last night`s episode was very good. I loved all of the twists and turns in it and Lydia`s death has added even more to the web of intrigue, especially since Nolan got it on video. Now i can`t wait to see the next episode, especially since it looks like Emily will be going up against Tyler. It was only a matter of time before those two lock horns. I`m sure Emily has something special cooked up for Tyler. Of course there is the issue of Nolan having the video of Lydia falling to her death to deal with, which i`m sure Nolan will remind.
I also liked the episode a lot (and it was important cos I didn't like episode 4 much) and always love if an episode is not just over but gives us some very interesting stuff for the next episode(s). Then you are really looking foward to the next episode, cos you know there's gonna be some exciting stuff. Emily vs. Tyler (who can show us what he is up to and how clever he is) and how Emily reacts to Lydia's death. And what Nolan will do with the video. Tyler so deserves to bleed, I liked him in this episode, still I have no clue what he is up to? If he wanted to get into the Grayson empire, he simply could've asked Conrad for the job. Why does he hurt Daniel? Well done, I'm glad that Emily VC got such a great role to play in such a good show.

Quote:
BTW i`m disappointed that the rating were down, but at the same time, at least Revenge stayed ahead of SVU.
That's it with serial shows, if you don't show the same stuff every week, you have to struggle with ratings. I hate that but can't do anything against it. Still you hear almost only good things about Revenge, so ABC will keep it on air for a longer time I guess.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I do think EAMANDA might be a little freaked she doesn't want to kill anyone just figuratively ruin people lives
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Teresa You ship them too?
I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay-La (View Post)
Chills. Nowadays insults just involve a lot of swearing, to cut really deep you need to express your true feelings in almost a poetical fashion.
So true
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Do you guys think that Nolan will get caught since his prints was all over her place, but I'm hoping that he won't since I highly doubt because he's still free from the pilot we saw, but can't wait to see what happen next..

I was surprised that she was dead since I bet that she have all the plan for her, but wondering what's her reaction to her being dead..

Can't wait for next one..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I like seeing a hiccup come into play because it forces Emily to think on her feet instead of following the plan she has mapped out.

Not too happy if Lydia is really dead. Her and Victoria had some of the best catty moments I've seen since the golden days of soaps such as Knots Landing and Falcon Crest (yes, I'm showing my age).

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just finished watching episode 4
This is the best show around atm!!!!
Hope Daniel won't die I love him with Emily, although I love Jack too
Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

The total viewership was about the same as last week. It was only the demo that dropped a bit and that was probably because of the World Series.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, i liked that amanda felt bad about the death and said it wasnt in the plan. she's not willing to go THAT far.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Victoria is my favorite character. She's just such an awesome bitch. It fascinates me.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

EMANDA is not a killer
Victoria is fascinating I really do enjoy her alot. She can be horrible, but she does have this vulnerable side.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

I wish someone would start an icon community on LJ. I need more icons!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top