Kai_Abercrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

i still dont feel like hes the real red john

Icon-?
xmangokissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

I really hope he's the real Red John because one I would personally feel cheated after they hyped it up in all the commercials, ads, and interviews.

Two, Jane has just killed a man in cold blood. Even if he gets off on self defense or some governor pardon. But to then find he killed the wrong man will destroy him. Also it will destroy all the good he has done and could do. How could they even use him to catch bad guys again? Anything he did wouldn't stand up in a court of law, the CBI couldn't accept his help.

No I would rather them look into the other connections that Red John had. He said he was a powerful man with powerful friends that he could go off and have a new life. I just wish the talk between them would have been longer and not just Red John talking about going off on to his new life.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Why would Bruno lie and say that he was going to continue the RJ storyline till the end of the series?

Why would Bruno introduce RJ so early and have him killed immediately?

From what Bruno said, it just doesn't make any sense.

There has to be a twist.

I want an interview from Bruno and I want answers.

I'm sure it will all play out and they will answer all the questions we have over the next season or so.

| JOIN the mentalist| icon
Old 05-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Maybe RJ had a twin brother? Blue John?

Old 05-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

If that wasn't Red John than who was he? One of Red John generals doing some of his dirty work for him, seeing how Jane would play this out? Seeing if Jane had it in him to do the deed of killing him in cold blood?

There is something off though, to bring such a big name actor as Red John and then kill him so quickly.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

I just got caught up and omg, I am speechless. My mouth was open the entire time I was watching the finale. I did not expect for Jane to come into contact with Red John and much less kill him! I think it would lose a lot of effect if we find out next season that it wasn't Red John after all. But that could be very possible. RJ has so many people that are willing to die for him.

I would've believed it was the real RJ more if Jane had asked him a specific question that RJ couldn't have prepared anyone to answer expect for himself. But when this one answered that he was the real RJ by saying how Jane's wife and kids smelled, I think he could have been told to say that.

I don't really know the actor who played RJ, but I know he's famous. His acting was great.

This was one of the most amazing finales I have ever seen. I can even say THE most. I can't wait for it to come back.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't really know the actor who played RJ, but I know he's famous. His acting was great.
It's Bradley Whitford from The West Wing.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Though Red John could have passed on that sort of information about Jane's family to an impostor. But who knows, I think things will become a lot more clear next season.

Maybe Red John is like the Great Dread Pirate Roberts and he has someone become him when he retires.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Passionate Fan

I think this is all a dream.....
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Passionate Fan

How does Red John get people to work for him? Is he a cult leader? He clearly more than a serial killer. Does he hypnotize or brainwash is minions or does he chose morally bankrupt people to serve him?
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

IDK. I think that really could have been Red John. Plenty of shows have had major game-changing moments and have successfully reinvented themselves several times. They could always have someone else copycat Red John or faithful minions try to get revenge.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think nothing is wrong with the show runner throwing a game-changer into it. It was advertised that Jane would come face to face with Red John.I think it was him cause Jane killing an innocent man would destroy the show. There are still avenues they can go down even if RJ is dead. It would be curious to see Jane deal with life after Red John and will he be willing to continue working with the CBI and catching criminals.
sweetmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)

There is something off though, to bring such a big name actor as Red John and then kill him so quickly.
I completely agree and Bruno and even Simon has said that RJ was the vocal point of Jane's life, and that with out that there really wasn't a reason for him to do what he does.

And it was also the reason for the show to keep going. So I'm a tad confused, but I still have faith in the writers and Bruno and hope that they have lots of answers for us next season.

| JOIN the mentalist| icon
Old 05-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmac1 (View Post)
I don't think nothing is wrong with the show runner throwing a game-changer into it. It was advertised that Jane would come face to face with Red John.I think it was him cause Jane killing an innocent man would destroy the show. There are still avenues they can go down even if RJ is dead. It would be curious to see Jane deal with life after Red John and will he be willing to continue working with the CBI and catching criminals.
100% agree!