Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Lethal Weapon Fans React to Clayne Crawford Firing - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide

Clayne Crawford Responds to ‘Lethal Weapon’ Renewal – Variety

Burton's comment has also been re-tweeted by their castmate Kevin Rahm (Captain Avery).

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 05-13-2018 at 06:11 PM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Apparently he threw a fit on set because he was scared of the safety during risky scenes (which he is right to).
That's what he claims was behind the first incident. But if it had been that simple, he wouldn't have been sent to mandated therapy or paid money out of pocket.

The second incident, it was he who was responsible for the safety of his cast and crew and a co-worker was injured. And then he got mad at that co-worker because of their injury.

Quote:
Even the cast from the show are saying they had no issues with him, well besides Damon of course.
I'd also like to point out that people treat people differently depending on their status. He could be great to his co-workers. It's also possible he treated his fellow actors differently than he treated the crew.

But clearly this is complicated. Cast is standing up for him. But firing him is a huge and risky move for WB who clearly wanted to keep this thing going.

Quote:
I guess it fits the character, he was dark, always on the edge. It fits a dramatic ending for him.
I think I read the show runner saying his end would be suicide which I hated reading at the time. If he's going to die, I guess murder is a little better in that he found his way out of the darkness.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's a very complex decision. And not one they would take lightly. Let's remember a network or production company wouldn't go to these drastic measures unless they had to. They would have wanted to keep the show as whole as possible. Bring characters in and out, but keep the two lead duo unless they felt they had no other choice.

It's a business after all.

FOX is saying it's not their call. It was Warner's Brother's call, and to keep the show, they agreed to it once they found a suitable star.

I only knew Clayne from small stints on shows like Roswell, NCIS: New Orleans and other shows. It's very different to be a leading actor on your own show..

And it was a very dark role in Martin Riggs. So I think it had to have gotten to him. Doesn't mean he can act like a jerk...

Even if from the sounds of it one of the incidents seem for him to be acting out of concern...

And there were reports of disruption on the set between the two main stars. Because they were two very different people. And it all came to a head, and you can't keep the show as a whole unit. So changes had to be made...

At least it sounds like it will be a completely new character. Maybe a Riggs relative (new found brother maybe), but it won't be a direct recast as someone coming in to play Martin.

He was incredible in the role. It will be interesting whether the show can continue with the same interest... But I can see why FOX would want to at least try.

It's a very tricky situation.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Lethal Weapon: Fox Says It Wasn't Their Decision to Fire Clayne Crawford - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide
Old 05-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ If they said, it wasn't their decision while I'm like sound fake, but okay.. But not going to watch it anyway..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea a lot of fans are pissed
Old 05-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
^ If they said, it wasn't their decision while I'm like sound fake, but okay.. But not going to watch it anyway..
It wasn't their decision. It feels like they're trying to avoid the drama in saying it but Warner Brothers produced the show. They're the ones who said they wouldn't produce it with Crawford. The only choice FOX had was to decide whether or not they still wanted the show without Crawford and with a different actor.

Wayans has come out swinging on his own behalf:

‘Lethal Weapon’s Damon Wayans Shares Video & Photo Of On-Set Shrapnel Injury | Deadline
Old 05-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can understand Wayans blaming Crawford for his injury, but thinking that he deliberately tried to injure him is just ridiculous imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
The second incident, it was he who was responsible for the safety of his cast and crew and a co-worker was injured. And then he got mad at that co-worker because of their injury.
That's not completely true, he didn't get mad at the co-worker because of their injury, he got mad because they demanded the script been changed, which would have further behind schedule which not just because of the accident, but also because that co worked missed the first day of the shooting for some unknown reason.

Last edited by stlavin95; 05-15-2018 at 01:03 AM
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I can understand Wayans blaming Crawford for his injury, but thinking that he deliberately tried to injure him is just ridiculous imo
Well there is now bad blood, so the both are now more in their sides of the story. I think Wayans to blame for some of the insanity of the set. But he is the one who got injured, so he might know what happened. While Clayne was trying to protect his image, and maybe save his job.

It doesn't help Clayne's side that he had a first infraction that forced him into therapy and having to pay a lot of money. He admits he made mistakes... Which is why WB and FOX probably cut him loose... This was not the first incident.

Quote:
That's not completely true, he didn't get mad at the co-worker because of their injury, he got mad because they demanded the script been changed, which would have further behind schedule which not just because of the accident, but also because that co worked missed the first day of the shooting for some unknown reason.
I agree the second incident has many sides. Just like Clayne has his side, which he went VERY public with. Waynes has his side, with photographic evidence of the "injury". So he has his side.

It's a unfortunate situation. So I can see why he would want to be open on his side. After seeing weeks of Clayne getting his side out...

And co-workers coming to Clayne's side, when they might not have been there to see the incident.

It's a very complex and hard situation.

Looks like the renewal for the third season is only 13 episodes. So it does like FOX is hedging their bets until they see whether this works or not...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Well there is now bad blood, so the both are now more in their sides of the story. I think Wayans to blame for some of the insanity of the set. But he is the one who got injured, so he might know what happened. While Clayne was trying to protect his image, and maybe save his job.

It doesn't help Clayne's side that he had a first infraction that forced him into therapy and having to pay a lot of money. He admits he made mistakes... Which is why WB and FOX probably cut him loose... This was not the first incident.

I agree the second incident has many sides. Just like Clayne has his side, which he went VERY public with. Waynes has his side, with photographic evidence of the "injury". So he has his side.

It's a unfortunate situation. So I can see why he would want to be open on his side. After seeing weeks of Clayne getting his side out...

And co-workers coming to Clayne's side, when they might not have been there to see the incident.

It's a very complex and hard situation.

Looks like the renewal for the third season is only 13 episodes. So it does like FOX is hedging their bets until they see whether this works or not...
I think with the more that has come out over the past couple of days, it's clear that Damon is/was an big problem on set too. Even the actress who plays Bailey has been called out for being constantly late to set and never being prepared in any shape or form. More people have come out defending Clayne in the past two days and someone has even made an twitter account, who clearly has worked on set (& they seemed to be around for the incident filming the episode that CC directed too) and they have refuted a lot of Damon's claims about Clayne's behaviour.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad Clayne is getting lot of support.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Me too..

I'm glad that I have see lot of them on his side as they said nobody perfect since sure that they may mess up, but at least give them warning or something like that..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
I'm glad Clayne is getting lot of support.
Same here
Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

im glad people are standing up for him too
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top