Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I don’t know if I’m going to be able to re-watch, they made Carrie a despicable villain in one episode for much of it

While I hate they did a two year time jump, there was a lot of stuff that still had to be answered that really wouldn’t affect the ending. The world finds out that the plane crash was due to mechanical failure and not shot down by an enemy of the US. Carrie is considered a terrorist and everyone believes she detected to Russia but she didn’t actually

Can’t believe Saul and Carrie both made it out of the series alive, and she’s secretly working for Saul!

Last edited by Ropetuned; 04-26-2020 at 07:41 PM
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haven't watched it yet, will watch it after I have finished Good Girls
Old 04-26-2020, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

It was an amazing finale
Old 04-26-2020, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, great
Old 04-27-2020, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't crazy about the time jump either and Carrie being with Evgeny seemed sooo messed up to me but good thing we found out there was a hidden reason behind that

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, same here.. Plus at least both didn't die..

Also, I was very surprise to see Brady in beginning and I'm glad that she mentions her daughter..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:38 PM
Moderator Manager

I liked that finale. Carrie went full circle. I can't imagine her living a normal life and she's playing Yevgeny. My only slight rant is that I'm sure Yevgeny can't be that thick? He knows what Carrie is capable of, he's an agent himself. But the main thing is, even though Saul & Carrie won't be seeing each other as much anymore is that they can still work together as Carrie "replaces" the Russian spy that got killed.

There were instances during that season that I thought Carrie was gonna work for the Russians and while that ending is sorta like that, I'm glad that she's there in Russia because she won't be welcomed back in the U.S. after what she did. And I'm super glad that Saul's alive and will hopefully be going to therapy. Imo, it's a better ending than some of the other shows I watched.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely a great ending and as good as I could have hoped considering how bad series finales have been the last few years

I still can’t believe Carrie poisoned Saul at the beginning, even if she didn’t kill him the thought even going through her head with the possibility was just ridiculous

Very interesting that she took Anna’s place as well as she should, she’s responsible for her being burned and then killing her self to be spared torture and god knows what else

One thing I completely missed the first time: Saul had a heart attack? His sister mentioned that, and it sounds like he’s done with field work

Like others have said, one of the few things that bothers me is Yevgeny not being suspicious and on top of his game. He was two steps ahead the other season, so you have to suspend disbelief there. They’re nothing playing each other while at the same time providing some sort of companionship for the time being. Ironically...this is probably one of Carries healthiest relationships if you can believe that!

This season could have benefited from a 2 hour series finale, to be honest

Also, there was a scene with Carrie and Frannie that they ended up cutting:

https://tvline.com/2020/04/26/homela...cene-season-8/
Old 04-27-2020, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
One thing I completely missed the first time: Saul had a heart attack? His sister mentioned that, and it sounds like he’s done with field work
I missed this too but that's because I haven't been paying attention after S4.

Quote:
Like others have said, one of the few things that bothers me is Yevgeny not being suspicious and on top of his game. He was two steps ahead the other season, so you have to suspend disbelief there. They’re nothing playing each other while at the same time providing some sort of companionship for the time being. Ironically...this is probably one of Carries healthiest relationships if you can believe that
I agree. She looks genuinely happy to me and it's a lot better than her being branded as a terrorist in the U.S. She still keeps that special relationship she has with Saul. Also, kudos to Claire & Mandy. They both were superb this season and their acting was perfection.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I wasn't crazy about the time jump either and Carrie being with Evgeny seemed sooo messed up to me but good thing we found out there was a hidden reason behind that
Glad we found out that hidden reason though
Old 04-28-2020, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I missed this too but that's because I haven't been paying attention after S4.

I agree. She looks genuinely happy to me and it's a lot better than her being branded as a terrorist in the U.S. She still keeps that special relationship she has with Saul. Also, kudos to Claire & Mandy. They both were superb this season and their acting was perfection.
Thing is though she’s lying behind Yevgenys back and he’s no doubt going to use her or choose his government over her one day

I knew the ending would be depressing but at least Saul and Carrie made it out alive, even though Carrie is now a terrorist and enemy according to the US and her writing that book was her last big FU to the United States so if Russia finds out she’s secretly sabotaging them she’s probably dead
Old 04-28-2020, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought the heart attack was about when Carrie told Dorit that Saul died from that. don't know how they came around it still but I thought it was just an alibi

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Thing is though she’s lying behind Yevgenys back and he’s no doubt going to use her or choose his government over her one day

I knew the ending would be depressing but at least Saul and Carrie made it out alive, even though Carrie is now a terrorist and enemy according to the US and her writing that book was her last big FU to the United States so if Russia finds out she’s secretly sabotaging them she’s probably dead
I feel like there's no way Yevgeny doesn't know Carrie's playing him. He's pretty smart as well. Maybe he doesn't suspect anything at that time but eventually he'll find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I thought the heart attack was about when Carrie told Dorit that Saul died from that. don't know how they came around it still but I thought it was just an alibi
Yeah that's what I thought too.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top