Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2018, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I cant remember if it was in the episode or just in the book. lol. I get them mixed up after reading it.

I bet the punishment would definitely be worse for a someone that wasnt a husband. Like, if Nick got caught for sleeping with June I bet they would kill him.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ I would like to read the book, but thought I'd wait until the show had finished it's run, so I don't get them confused.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

great first 2 episodes. it frustrates me since there's so much bs on women but I guess that's the point. it's so good
Old 04-29-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would say, read the book first. (for any new people lurking r something lol..) Its shorter and its very similar to season 1 but the show added a lot of cool stuff, so it would be fun to read the book first, then watch season 1.

Read the book before you do a rewatch too!
Old 04-29-2018, 10:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra from *NOL (View Post)
great first 2 episodes. it frustrates me since there's so much bs on women but I guess that's the point. it's so good
Yeah there's no scenario (so far) that seems to be good for women but that is the point of the show. I have a friend who enjoyed S1 but she can't bring herself to watch S2 anymore so she quit which is understandable because the themes/storylines of this show is very dark & depressing. I like it + I don't usually enjoy dystopia because they're always depressing but this show hooked me right away.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the first 2 episodes!
They were dark but so intense! I loved it! I loved seeing more of the Colonies as well and more of Emily's story (Alexis Bledel did a great job again!)
plus Elisabeth Moss was fabulous as well!! oh man that ear scene!

I am really curious to see how they are going to get her safe out of Gilead?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to go back and re-watch to be honest, I can't remember a lot.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
I am really curious to see how they are going to get her safe out of Gilead?
That's a big question too because they can't keep her hidden away in that hideout forever. Although I think Nick is probably already doing some BTS stuff to get her safe out of Gilead soon-ish.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Yeah the women really have no rights. Though it seems if the men have affairs they do get consequences. Remember that one that had his hand cut off or something?
That happened on the show?
Old 05-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That happened on the show?
In the Season One finale. Commander Putnam had had an affair with Janine, and lost his hand as punishment. Commander Waterford was arguing for leniency but Mrs Putnam had asked for the harshest possible penalty, so he was sentenced to having a hand amputated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That's a big question too because they can't keep her hidden away in that hideout forever. Although I think Nick is probably already doing some BTS stuff to get her safe out of Gilead soon-ish.
Does anybody know where the Waterfords live? Are there any landmarks that would help place the location? If so, then we'd be able to estimate how far away June is now.

I assume that Nick is able to get away from the Waterford household because he's supposed to be taking part in the search for June. If so, he'll be expected to report in to his superiors and, if they expand the search, he could end up ordered to search a different area. He's probably going to try to keep up the facade of a loyal Guardian as long as he can. Given that he was placed in the Waterford household as a spy, he could have connections to exploit but facilitating the escape of a Handmaid is bound to be a huge deal, so there'd be a high risk of being turned in.

I've been watching some of the early episodes from last season, and I'd be interested in seeing them take a closer look at the Gileadean economy and agriculture.

The Handmaids are sent shopping on a daily basis, and based on the little shopping bags they carry, they only ever get a day's worth of groceries. I wonder if it's purely a case of shopping being used as an excuse for a daily walk, or if Gilead's food supply is precarious enough that, in addition to tokens being used to ration food, it's not permitted to purchase more than a day's worth of food at a time, in case of shortages. How self-sufficient is Gilead in terms of food production?

Last edited by Regan; 05-01-2018 at 01:25 PM
Old 05-02-2018, 12:47 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't think the show was quite clear about where the Waterfords live. Hopefully the next ep will explain if Nick is still working for them. I don't think he'd just leave them and help June or else he'd be in trouble too?

Elisabeth is such a tease.

Quote:
Episode 3 starts streaming tonight at 9pmPacific/12Eastern.... This one is going to make you hate us for not putting up episode 4 immediately afterwards 😈😜 #HandmaidsTale

Old 05-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

Watched the first 2 eps the other day. What a fantastic start. That bit with the shoes in episode 2 really stood out to me. I could picture what happened so cleary and they didn't have to say a thing. Great imagery. And when the guy replied to "under his eye" with "after a while crocodile" that just made me really happy. I'm so, so glad this show is back.

^That pic. As if I wasn't already excited for the next episode.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Handmaid's Tale has been renewed! The Handmaid's Tale Renewed For a 3rd Season by Hulu
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

So happy the show is already renewed!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

That was quick!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top