Old 08-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, glad they went out to support Penn

icon: tumblr |B
Old 08-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! So happy. I love it when the cast shows up in support of each other.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love when the cast reunites, wish Ed would have been there but I am pretty sure it was related to ex of his who probably orchestrated the whole thing

In other news:

Quote:
American television classic. This better still be playing in syndication on our Google Eyes in 40 years. I've seen every episode of "Gossip Girl." I may not consider anything after Season 2 from Josh Schwartz's other teen classic, "The O.C." canon, but I loved "Gossip Girl" until the very last, perfect scene of the characters in their happily-ever-after futures. Right before Kristen Bell does her final "XOXO, Gossip Girl" signoff, she tells us that "there will always be someone on the outside wanting to get in." As television viewers, we are always the outsiders, often wishing we could jump right into the screen. "Gossip Girl" was certainly jam-packed with those kind of moments, from the awkward Guitar Hero product placement party in season one to when the greatest television couple of all time, Blair and Chuck, ran from the police after their wedding in Central Park. In one of the most insane moments of American television, Dan, Vanessa and Hillary Duff's character had a threesome. Probably best I wasn't there for that, but the very next episode they went to a Lady Gaga concert during her prime and I could have definitely broken through the fourth wall and fourth-wheeled along.

These were ridiculous characters living ridiculous plot lines in ridiculously expensive clothes and homes, but instead of ending the guilty vicarious living pleasure there like most Bravo shows, it also actually tried (and succeeded) to be a good show. Near the end, Dan thankfully scrapped a book proposal called "The Monarch of Manhattan," around the same time Blair declined to be a princess. This show was never just about royalty wish fulfillment. It was about trying to make and keep the right friendships. "Gossip Girl" made it clear that we should all be so lucky to have someone special to gossip with. Also, Dorota was great. -- Todd Van Luling
Second time they call our Chuck and Blair babies the greatest tv couple of all time I loved what they wrote and the gif of Blair bear making her famous eyeroll they used

The 7 Best Guilty Pleasure TV Shows Of All Time

ETA: I am so happy you want to see my E\C parallels. I will post them when I return back to home. Lets see which ones you have noticed before
Old 08-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I love when the cast reunites, wish Ed would have been there but I am pretty sure it was related to ex of his who probably orchestrated the whole thing
I'm trying to figure out if this is referring to EJ? And if so, EJ are still pretty good friends. But, also, she probably would have orchestrated it all. lol Because she's all about her castmates. lol

BTW, where IS Ed? Is he in England, US? What's he up to lately? I also only personally follow up on Jess and Sebastian news. So I have no idea what the others are up to. Well, Taylor/Music. Leighton on Broadway.

YESSS! All the parallels. Especially since there needed to be so much more Chuck and Eleanor interaction, too!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I have now watched through the 100th episode. I've got to admit, as beautiful as Leighton is and as much as I adore Blair, I am a little fed up with her. Knowing she is about to get in a relationship with Dan while she is and has been clearly very much in love with Chuck and while she KNOWS Serena's CURRENT feelings for Dan couldn't feel worse.

Why did I not go?! dumb move on my part!

I went to Leighton's show in LA before and Jess was there. (Also CeCe).
Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Well, I have now watched through the 100th episode. I've got to admit, as beautiful as Leighton is and as much as I adore Blair, I am a little fed up with her. Knowing she is about to get in a relationship with Dan while she is and has been clearly very much in love with Chuck and while she KNOWS Serena's CURRENT feelings for Dan couldn't feel worse.

Why did I not go?! dumb move on my part!

I went to Leighton's show in LA before and Jess was there. (Also CeCe).
I'm enjoying the commentary from your re-watches JamieScott. I remember being so disappointed with the 100th episode. I couldn't believe Blair actually married Louis and I was hoping she would run away with Serena. I knew she wouldn't go with Chuck but now when I think about it both Serena and Chuck and to a degree Eleanor tried to stop her from going through with the wedding because they knew she was making a mistake. So it sort of makes sense that she wouldn't call them because then she would have to deal with her problems head on. It was hard to see what she did to Serena especially at the hospital when CeCe was dying and after what she said to Chuck in 5x10 and 5x13 for that to change a few episodes later was

It's great to see the cast supporting each other, I think it was the second time Jessica has seen Penn's band. So many of them went to see Leighton on Broadway - Zuzanna, Amanda (Penelope), Kelly, Caroline, Penn, Jessica and Wallace.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
I'm trying to figure out if this is referring to EJ? And if so, EJ are still pretty good friends. But, also, she probably would have orchestrated it all. lol Because she's all about her castmates. lol

BTW, where IS Ed? Is he in England, US? What's he up to lately? I also only personally follow up on Jess and Sebastian news. So I have no idea what the others are up to. Well, Taylor/Music. Leighton on Broadway.

YESSS! All the parallels. Especially since there needed to be so much more Chuck and Eleanor interaction, too!!!
Yes, who else? Well I didn't mean they wouldn't be in good terms but maybe they don't want to be seen together and we don't know their recent situation exactly. Same as Seb-Lei situation because Chace, Seb and Jess are frequently seeing each other as far as we know. As you said, she is the only one who flies between NYC-LA-or whereever to keep up with the cast lol...

Eddie is in LA currently. Leighton and him went to the eminem concert but on different nights (by one night) I was so excited when I first saw the photos from the concert and then boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyimproud (View Post)
I'm enjoying the commentary from your re-watches JamieScott. I remember being so disappointed with the 100th episode. I couldn't believe Blair actually married Louis and I was hoping she would run away with Serena. I knew she wouldn't go with Chuck but now when I think about it both Serena and Chuck and to a degree Eleanor tried to stop her from going through with the wedding because they knew she was making a mistake. So it sort of makes sense that she wouldn't call them because then she would have to deal with her problems head on. It was hard to see what she did to Serena especially at the hospital when CeCe was dying and after what she said to Chuck in 5x10 and 5x13 for that to change a few episodes later was

It's great to see the cast supporting each other, I think it was the second time Jessica has seen Penn's band. So many of them went to see Leighton on Broadway - Zuzanna, Amanda (Penelope), Kelly, Caroline, Penn, Jessica and Wallace.
She was such a mess and became the worst of herself

Last edited by lessismore; 08-10-2014 at 11:58 PM
Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I don't know if Jessica orchestrated it, but I thought it was nice that Chace and Leighton was there. More surprised about leighton than chace since Penn has been spotted hanging with him and Seb in New York before. But, its nice to see how supportive they all are of each other.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Nice of the cast to support one another!

I actually came back from a major trip to the USA, and when we were in New York I was kind of rooting to see some Gossip Girl stuff and I succeeded! We saw the Empire State Building ( mainly because the building itself is kind of great to see, but still ), the hotel Serena and her family lived in for big parts of the show ( Empire Hotel I think ), we saw Grand Central Station ( while there all I could hear was ''Spotted, Serena van der Woodsen'', lol - I really needed a picture at the exact spot Serena was arriving. Fanboy much? ). Unfortunately that was it, but I was still happy with it! In the hotel I even walked inside to watch how it was
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Nice of the cast to support one another!

I actually came back from a major trip to the USA, and when we were in New York I was kind of rooting to see some Gossip Girl stuff and I succeeded! We saw the Empire State Building ( mainly because the building itself is kind of great to see, but still ), the hotel Serena and her family lived in for big parts of the show ( Empire Hotel I think ), we saw Grand Central Station ( while there all I could hear was ''Spotted, Serena van der Woodsen'', lol - I really needed a picture at the exact spot Serena was arriving. Fanboy much? ). Unfortunately that was it, but I was still happy with it! In the hotel I even walked inside to watch how it was

Thats amazing I've been there on March of this year shortly and can't forget it! Wish I could see every place! I hope I can go there again! NYC

I think you meant The Palace Hotel? (Also owned by Basses and Van der Woodsens lived there in S1) But good if you also saw Empire Hotel (Chuck Bass' Hotel I wanted to go there but I had no time unfortunately)

very hard not to see ESB and yes in Grand Central Station I always heard the same thing. I had a photo where Serena standed and Dan saw her the first time

I also went to Beteshda Fountain where Chuck and Blair got married. Even the thought makes me weep which was my condition there I risked catching my flight for seeig there, and luckily my gg-virgin friend was understanding It is such a magical place, I love it there I love that their wedding was there! Also I love to see fans posting their photos and say they were at the place where CB got married. One of the most visited places and now especially for CB too

More CD banter

Last edited by lessismore; 08-11-2014 at 04:15 AM
Old 08-11-2014, 05:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Thats amazing I've been there on March of this year shortly and can't forget it! Wish I could see every place! I hope I can go there again! NYC

I think you meant The Palace Hotel? (Also owned by Basses and Van der Woodsens lived there in S1) But good if you also saw Empire Hotel (Chuck Bass' Hotel I wanted to go there but I had no time unfortunately)

very hard not to see ESB and yes in Grand Central Station I always heard the same thing. I had a photo where Serena standed and Dan saw her the first time

I also went to Beteshda Fountain where Chuck and Blair got married. Even the thought makes me weep which was my condition there I risked catching my flight for seeig there, and luckily my gg-virgin friend was understanding It is such a magical place, I love it there I love that their wedding was there! Also I love to see fans posting their photos and say they were at the place where CB got married. One of the most visited places and now especially for CB too

More CD banter

Oh yes, you are right, it was the Palace hotel! It was a joy to see I was with my BF, who also wanted to see some things and I wanted to see those things aswell, so some of the GG things I wanted to see were not doable, but maybe the next time in NY! ( Although I don't see me return that fast as the city is way too busy and warm for my taste, I prefered Los Angeles and Washington ).
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

lessismore Love the CD. They're seriously one of the best parts of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyimproud (View Post)

Exactly. It was all due to that ridiculous pact with God! If that is all they could come up with to keep CB apart, then that really speaks to how meant to be they really are. I've now watched through 522, and it's really not any better. If DB had to be a thing, I would've prefered it to happy in S4 actually. Dan did like her consistently for a really long time, though...

Who's Wallace?
Old 08-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
lessismore Love the CD. They're seriously one of the best parts of the show.

Exactly. It was all due to that ridiculous pact with God! If that is all they could come up with to keep CB apart, then that really speaks to how meant to be they really are. I've now watched through 522, and it's really not any better. If DB had to be a thing, I would've prefered it to happy in S4 actually. Dan did like her consistently for a really long time, though...

Who's Wallace?

ITA, they would have acted wiser if they kept CD dynamic instead of boring eyehurting disgustingness...

I don't agree that who Dan liked was Blair, he always talked about how he thought she was changed etc... And if you watch it in detail you see parts of Serena and Vanessa in Blair that Dan thought as Blair and liked. And mostly Claire from his book as he thought Blair took the part :eyeroll:

"I am so lost I wounded up in Brooklyn"
"Don't give up on your reality over someone else's fiction"

You didn't like 5x22? Man that was one of the best epis of that horrid season, out of 3 -or 4 at most- I mean NJBC and CB ARE BACK BITCHES And most importantly Blair bitch is back

Wallace is Cyrus (Wallace Shawn) He went to see OMAM, to see Lei on Father's Day I love him so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Oh yes, you are right, it was the Palace hotel! It was a joy to see I was with my BF, who also wanted to see some things and I wanted to see those things aswell, so some of the GG things I wanted to see were not doable, but maybe the next time in NY! ( Although I don't see me return that fast as the city is way too busy and warm for my taste, I prefered Los Angeles and Washington ).
I wish I could awww, love there! And the Oak Bar there. Have you seen there as well? I love NY so much. One of the reasons that I love GG so much is that they really made me feel like living there

Hope we have a next time then, I have so many places I couldn't see as well. I was on a business trip, so I had a very limited time to see anything. I was also in Washington too. Right after that Captain America-Winter Soldier came out and you know the movie takes place in DC as a whole. I love when that happens
Old 08-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed CB and NJBC in 522, although I hated how Serena was against them. She's been so weird this season. And Blake is clearly sick during these eps, so sad.

I'm not saying Dan really liked Blair for Blair necessarily. I'm just saying he did consistently like her for a long time now. He never stopped. He was selfless so many times because he thought he liked her so much. They are not nearly as interesting as an actual couple which speaks volumes. Dan/Serena and Chuck/Blair work when they're actually together.

I started ep 523, but had to get back to work so I didn't finish. I just feel so terrible for Chuck. And there's no way Blair is going to Paris with Danny boy.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I wish I could awww, love there! And the Oak Bar there. Have you seen there as well? I love NY so much. One of the reasons that I love GG so much is that they really made me feel like living there

Hope we have a next time then, I have so many places I couldn't see as well. I was on a business trip, so I had a very limited time to see anything. I was also in Washington too. Right after that Captain America-Winter Soldier came out and you know the movie takes place in DC as a whole. I love when that happens
Yeah, saw the bar aswell, was kind of cool! Our time in New York was kind of limited ( it was just enough for all the normal tourist attractions we wanted to see ), but otherwise I would have wanted to see more Gossip Girl related buildings, aswell as some Sex and the City places, which I saw none of unforunately, only in passing by while we were in a bus.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top