Moderator Support Team

I know right.. It was amazing..

Can't wait for tonight!

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-29-2019, 12:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Wow. OMG. WOOOOOOOOOOOW. I love that episode. That was the most tense I've been watching an ep of this show since Battle of the Bastards.

I actually felt relief everytime we cut to the crypt scene because I don't want to be watching all our favorites die in the battlefield. The deaths are:

1. Theon (as expected)
2. Beric
3. Lyanna
4. Jorah
5. Melisandre
6. Edd

I love that Jaime & Brienne fought side by side. I'm glad Tormund is alive for now, this is probably his 3rd battle with the WWs. I don't know how to feel about Sam. He can't really fight and I think he should've just stayed in the crypt. Speaking of the crypt, I cried during that Sansa/Tyrion moment when the dead rose. UGH. The Theon death scene was also sooooo good. What a way to end his character on the show, imo. Alfie Allen, take a bow. He was amazing as Theon.

Did anyone feel like the ep was too dark in the 1st half? Thank goodness for Melisandre lighting things up.

OF COURSE ARYA STARK PEOPLE. OMG. What a moment for the character. This was a big ep for Maisie and I'm glad for the Arya focus. She deserves a boss battle and we got it in this ep. That entire scene with her killing the NK, that intake of breath and the slo-mo. OMG, I cheered.

I do have a rant: Jon riding on Rhaegal because I prefer him down on the ground using Longclaw and killing the NK instead of Arya. After that stare down at Hardhome, I was expecting for Jon to kill the NK. And while I love that it was Arya, I still prefer it to be Jon because he's experienced battling them for so long now and he deserves to kill him.

Lastly, so great to see Ghost!!!!!!! I didn't expect him to be in the crypt because he's like Jon, he will fight! I didn't watch the preview for the next ep but I did hear Ghost is alive and was in the preview so that really pacified me cause I thought he died. We still need that reunion with Nymeria...

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I started this show from the beginning. I got a free trial on HBO so Im trying to watch quickly, I finished season 1 tonight and will start season 2 tomorrow.

I am loving it already. So many great characters. My favorites are Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Robb and Jon. They are my babies. I am trying hard not to see spoilers so I will mostly post my thoughts at the board.

I love binging shows so I am really excited for this.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:56 AM
Moderator Manager

S2 is another good season. Come back here when you're about to start S3, let us know.

Yep, just skip through posts here and post on the ep discussion threads on GOT so you're spoiler-free.

Also I can't believe you finished 1 season in 1 day. I can never do that. The most I have tried is 5 eps and I was so damn tired already by the 5th hour.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

One issue that I wish that they shouldn't make it so dark that I can't see half of it going on.. But damn, Arya!! I was so shook!!!

I truly tho that Sansa and Tyrison will going to die..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 04-29-2019, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that it was a bit too dark, there were a few times where I couldn't actually see who the character was in a scene. But otherwise I loved it.

Jorah's death broke my heart but I love that he got to go out fighting alongside Dany. Lyanna had an awesome moment of killing the giant even as she died, and I'm glad that Theon got to hear kind words from Bran before he died too.

I was surprised initially that it was Arya to kill the NK but I think it works. The NK was so focused on Jon and Bran, he didn't see Arya coming. And Arya's training has been such a focal point of her character arc. Plus, Mel saying Arya will shut eyes forever: brown, green,... blue, I think it was foreshadowing.

I was also glad to see something come of Mel's necklace, symbolically now she's served her purpose. I had been wondering if we'd even see her, it seemed like she'd been forgotten so I'm glad she wasn't.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:59 AM
Moderator Manager

I thought Sansa & Tyrion were going to fight, at least that's how I saw it.

I love how Jorah died too, fitting end to his character plus I like that he died in battle beside Dany. That Bran/Theon scene, especially what Bran said to Theon was what ended me tbh. Lyanna died with a bang. She was crushed by a giant wight only to kill the giant too. Badass until the end.

I actually missed that Melisandre said "blue eyes" on my 1st watch and I'm glad I did because I was SHOOK when Arya appeared. I do love that a Stark saved WF.

Melisandre really came through in that ep. And I like that it was Davos who saw her through the bitter end.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
One issue that I wish that they shouldn't make it so dark that I can't see half of it going on.. But damn, Arya!! I was so shook!!!

I truly tho that Sansa and Tyrison will going to die..
I thought they were for a second too

Yeah, how dark it was my biggest complain about the episode
Old 04-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Extreme Fan

I am amazed this show has made me care about Melisandre, even though she caused the most horrifying death of an innocent in the whole show for me! She was awesome, I love how her voice began to panic as she was chanting and the trench wasn't lighting.

Arya killing the Night's King, I switched from horror (thought she was safe and now she's being choked by the NK) to amazement, I did not see that coming.

All the deaths were fitting deaths for the characters, Theon completing his redemption arc defending Bran and earning his forgiveness, Jorah getting to die successfully defending the love of his life instead of from greyscale, Lyanna's badass death taking the giant down with her, Beric defending Arya who would ultimately destroy the NK, and Mel fulfilling her prophecy so she can finally die of old age. It was so sad to see them go, but at least they had good send offs (I am still annoyed about Barristan's sucky death scene years later!).

The fact that the final boss is Cersei after all the "Winter is Coming" build up is kind of hilarious. I doubt anyone would have guessed that back in S1! It probably won't be so funny of Qyburn gets one of the dragons killed with that giant crossbow though, if there's only one left then they will all die out again.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah since most fans complain about the episode being dark and can't see nada..

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I thought Sansa & Tyrion were going to fight, at least that's how I saw it.
I tho that they going to die in honor way, but nope..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 04-30-2019, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm happy that they didn't though
Old 05-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

As long I'm glad that they finally use the fire..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 05-02-2019, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same
Old 05-02-2019, 07:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah since even tho I still turn the whole house so dark, but only can hear what they were saying..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 05-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Also I can't believe you finished 1 season in 1 day. I can never do that.
Oh I didnt! I started it a week ago and watched I think just the pilot and then the next day watched like 2 more. Ive been doing about 2/3 a day. I was trying to go really fast but I think ill just buy HBO for the month and then finish out the series that way. There really arent that many episodes. I am going to finish season 2 tonight and start on 3 tomorrow. I have a three day weekend, I'm excited to watch more. I will probably finish season 3 this weekend easy haha.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top