Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Extreme Fan

I freaking love Ted Danson. Jessica's right about him bringing so much into Sam. It's amazing acting he did for it. There definitely is something about the hand gestures like in Just Three Friends from season 2 where Heather came on to him and he points back and forth between her and the gang to prove that she did. Also in this Youtube clip, the hand gestures rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dvEpSf7Tzk

Honestly, I could never see Fred Dryer being Sam Malone. He can do a great Dave Richards, but Ted just rocked Sam.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

I love that clip. Thanks for posting it.

I can't see Fred Ryer being Sam either. Ted was the best choice ever. He had amazing chemistry with all of the characters and was always funny.

Jessica

icon
Old 08-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that clip!

He did have really great chemistry with everyone. My favorite relationship of his (obviously after Diane) was his friendship with Coach. I love that episode when Sam and Diane just want alone time and Coach keeps stopping by.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

I love the relationship between Sam and Coach. They've had a lot of history together. Coach helped Sam through a lot, especially his drinking problem.

I tried to pick another relationship between Sam and a character that I really love, but I honestly can't choose. I love them all.

Jessica

icon
Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Finally!!! A thread I know what's going on. I think I was supposed to change the topic to Shelley last Sunday with Freaky Friday showing. Oh, well.

Topic changed to Shelley. So far, Diane's my favorite, but this could be because Jessica LOVES her.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Ahh, Shelley, so much better than Kirstie. I'm not bashing. It's just true. Diane was awesome. Hands down.

There's a Cheers Reunion RPG up! Only characters taken so far are Sam and Diane.
http://www.fanforum.com/f37/cheers-r.../#post17912227

Old 09-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Please join!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

So... I'm at Walgreens looking at National Enquirer because I have nothing better to do besides waiting for my parents to be done shopping. I flip a couple pages in when all of a sudden something kinda Cheers related pops up. Relax. It's not Shelley Long dying or something. Unfortunately, it's not about a Cheers reunion either.

What it said was that Haylie Duff is dating Ted Danson's stepson. Good pic of Charlie with Ted and Mary. My only objection is, what do they have against Mary?? They couldn't say Haylie was dating Mary Steenburgen's son?? Odd.

The issue date is September 17, 2007 if you're interested.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Amanda - That's very cool. I'll have to check it out. By the way I love that one photo of Shelley you posted.

Okay. Hm. Well... I honestly don't know where to start on our Shelley Long discussion. I seriously love the character of Diane and I love how Shelley Long portrays her. She is an amazing actress and doesn't get enough credit, at least in my opinion. I agree, Diane is way better than Rebecca, though I'll still watch the Rebecca episodes. Yeah eveything I say about Shelley/Diane is going to sound so fan girly. I'm totally obsessed.

Jessica

icon
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Extreme Fan

There's now a Facebook group for Shelley called 'Shelley Long is Great!' I didn't make the group though. Current total of members: 2.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

I would totally join that Facebook group if I had a Facebook account.

So how many movies has Shelley done? I probably seen a few more of her movies than Ted's.

Jessica

icon
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Jessica- You should totally join. You no longer need to be invited by email. Just sign on up on their main page and you're set.

Movies I've seen with Shelley:
Falling in Love With the Girl Next Door
Troop Beverly Hills
Hello Again
The Money Pit

Shelley movies I think I've seen
Those Brady Bunch movies

Shelley movies I want to see:
Night Shift (I have this on DVD and for a long time too, but haven't watched it yet)
A Couple of White Chicks At the Hairdresser (clip of it is on Youtube, but I don't think that was the whole movie)

Old 09-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

OMG! I just saw this episode...

What is this a picture of, and where did you get it?

Quote:
What it said was that Haylie Duff is dating Ted Danson's stepson. Good pic of Charlie with Ted and Mary. My only objection is, what do they have against Mary?? They couldn't say Haylie was dating Mary Steenburgen's son?? Odd.
Thanks funny! Maybe they just thought Ted Danson's name might be bigger or more well known (?). You know, since Damages is out an all. But Haylie joining the Danson family... !
Old 09-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I found that picture somewhere on the Internet. I believe it came from People Magazine when they were doing something on Ted and Mary, but don't quote me on that.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

I see, it's a great pic! One I hope to make an avie out of.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top