Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2023, 06:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

The ending was the saddest thing ever, but I actually liked that he decided to not let his illness or the FBI take him out...he went out on his own terms. He had planned it ahead of time when he asked where the closest Miura bull ranch was. The Miura bulls are the famous fighting bulls. He even had the skull of the Miura bull that had killed the most famous Spanish bullfighter in the world at the time. And so he ended his life as he planned it because he didn't even take his gun when he went on his walk to the bull field.

I wasn't aware of the Miura bulls until I read about them in a Twitter post. Comments were all over the Internet today! So while I'm finding it a very sad ending indeed, I find it poetic that again, Red went out on his own terms rather than taking a bullet or letting his illness finish him off. And the poem and tears shed by Dembe about did me in!

My favorite recent scene was the one with Agnes where they were eating ice cream together and she asked him if he was going somewhere, that she misses him. And he answered "I always travel, sweetheart, but I'll always be right there" and he touches her heart area, then kisses her on the forehead and says "and always right there." Oh my, that broke my heart. And btw, I did pick up on the dialogue when Agnes mentioned his advice was like motherly advice, and Red responded by saying something like, "Guess I just can't help myself." Big clues because there was that theory of him being Katarina...but I personally never bought into it, but now we'll just never know, dang it.

Anyway, such a great show, great writing, great acting and I think there won't ever be another quite like it. I don't mean to wax poetic here but I almost cried after it was all over. Sheesh, who knew the guy could bring out such an emotional response from so many worldwide viewers. Rest in peace, dear Red...you were greatly loved by all of us.

Last edited by Jenny Heartland; 07-14-2023 at 09:41 PM
Jenny Heartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I never bought in the Katarina theory either, thought it was silly, and and it was silly of TPTB stringing the viewers on like that..

I liked that he went out on his own terms, but the writers, for me, chose a not good way to do it..
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:01 AM
Master Fan

Jenny Heartland, you know I kind of wondered why Red didn't have his gun when he went into the bull field. Maybe that was intentional or he was just lax because he was getting weaker. I remember reading something on line about a month ago where TPTB on the show said they have been giving clues all along on who he was but wouldn't come out and say it. Harold actually called him Agnes' grandparent. In a way it was sad the way he died when no one else was able to take him down over the years. This show has been a real head-scratcher at times going around in circles at times never telling us what we want to know, so I actually am not shocked they ended it the way they did, lol. Still no answers.

Last edited by ~Janice~; 07-16-2023 at 01:02 AM
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

How One of Red's Famous Monologues Foreshadowed His Death
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
This show has been a real head-scratcher at times going around in circles at times never telling us what we want to know, so I actually am not shocked they ended it the way they did, lol. Still no answers.
It sure was...I thought we would get one answer at least..
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 01:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

I did too
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

RIP Raymond Reddington
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top