Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm watching Jeff Davis on the Afterbuzz TV podcast and someone asked what's gonna be happening for Stiles and Lydia in 3B and Jeff started talking about the kiss scene and he basically said

Quote:
I credit the actors for how that scene came out. I told them to be surprised at what happened and both Dylan and Holland brought it to a different level.

"They are good together, aren't they?" "We're definitely gonna be exploring the complexities of their relationships."
The interview is still airing but should be over soon and then it will be up on iTunes soon after and then the video so I'll get the exact quotes then. Title options!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that!

Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

That video is so good! Faved the progression of these two is pretty great.

Okay, the podcast is up! It's around the 55 min mark AfterBuzz TV Teen Wolf S:3 | Lunar Eclipse E:12 | AfterBuzz TV Aftershow The question was

Question: Stiles and Lydia developing their relationship was one of my favorite things this season. Will we get more of this in 3B?
Interviewer: I definitely saw that Lydia didn't expect that connection that she felt when she kissed Stiles so is that relationship something we're gonna get to explore more in 3B?
Jeff: I credit the actors with making that scene great. Um, I can't remember what I said to them but I think it was "be surprised at what happened" and both Dylan and Holland brought it to a different level. That's one of the great things about actors and being collaborative with actors is they'll sometimes tell you as a writer where to take the story and seeing those sparks happen, they are good together - aren't they? We're definitely gonna be exploring the complexities of their relationship. I always like to say that Stiles and Lydia, it was just a crush - a boy having a crush on a girl, complete objectification of a girl who is the prettiest girl in the school. He was in love with her. But he reveals later in the first season that he knows a lot about her and that he knows that she's smart and he knows that she's gonna go off and win some Nobel Prize and she tells him it's gonna actually be the mathematics medal. The Fields Medal. So you know Stiles's feelings are real but he has to learn to be an adult as well. He has to learn what adult love is like and that's not necessarily seeing her for just her beauty. Seeing her for her power, seeing her as someone who can help save the lives when necessary - not as a damsel in distress and just someone to be protected.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

That's a nice thought out answer. At least we know now what Jeff wanted for the scene.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

So now i wonder about what Holland said. How the original reaction may come back into play.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Good vid
Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Aiden/Lydia was disappointing I get he's a substitute for Jackson and that Lydia needs to work on her surprise after the kiss lol, but I'm not gonna enjoy seeing such a pairing being dragged out possibly all S3B, and neither is Stiles
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 08-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Absolute Fan

I love that whole quote by Jeff. It actually makes me excited to see what he has in store for them and where he's going to take them.

I’m standing right beside you // screaming in my head // I don’t know how to reach you // I shut down instead // When all I want to do is connect with you x
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

That quote from Jeff is awesome. The way I see it - the actors did play the way he wanted it (if he just asked for surprise)... the reason why it was awesome is that they added like 8 more layers to it with the surprise so that you feel all of these different conflicting emotions from both of them. I mean, Stiles had tears in his eyes - and Lydia's welled up a little bit too, after seeing Stiles reaction.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

wow that gifset
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Supreme Fan

I totally cannot wait.

Oh they sure know how to torture us. Season 3 has really been good!
It's all good..
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 08-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I love what Jeff said, and I love the girl from Afterbuzz she loves Stydia soooo much ♥
I would have like him to answear the original answear...I mean if we will see them interacting like on 3A and on what...

But I'm happy with the answear That's what Jeff Davis does to me he makes me hate him and then he makes me love him

Maybe we could be the start of something
Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, he really didn't answer if they will be interacting like 3a. I hope so since they are all apart of the mccall pack but I guess we will see.