Old 10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Hey, thank you for all of this. I will look all these over for sure. Very nice of you.

I'm kind of spread across both the 70s and 80s for growing up (born in '72), but I remember those songs on the radio

Icicle....hahahahaha

Nice that you got to live in London for a few years. I spent a semester of college in London and have been back several times. Loved it every time.

OK, got to go over some songs. Talk to you later.

Ice
Not a problem Icicle (taking the new nickname for spin), hope they help! You and Lemon will have to let me know which ones you like and think will work!

Isn't London an awesome city?! Where did you live?
Old 10-31-2014, 06:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Not a problem Icicle (taking the new nickname for spin), hope they help! You and Lemon will have to let me know which ones you like and think will work!

Isn't London an awesome city?! Where did you live?
I will let you know for sure, Thessie

I lived in Ealing...I don't about 12 miles or so west of the city. I went to Thames Valley University which I believe has now changed its name to the University of West London. And yes, I loved it. I used to just walk around for hours on my own exploring all the different parts of the cities.

How about you?
Old 11-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I will let you know for sure, Thessie

I lived in Ealing...I don't about 12 miles or so west of the city. I went to Thames Valley University which I believe has now changed its name to the University of West London. And yes, I loved it. I used to just walk around for hours on my own exploring all the different parts of the cities.

How about you?
I lived in Central London, across the street from Old Spitalfields Market, which is just where the East End begins. I was close to the Gherkin and St. Paul's Cathedral. It was a great part of the city to live in, as there was a lot of character and history. There were several fun outdoor markets in the surrounding area, including Brick Lane, which was always a trip. I loved the narrow little streets, the historic old merchant townhouses, and the fun, eclectic feel the neighborhood had. I really do miss it.

And yes, I loved walking around with all that history...literally everywhere!
Old 11-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Is it bad that i am pleased that all the new NBC shows are doing awful in ratings? They cancelled 2 shows already and Constantine on friday doesn´t look good either. Revolution would have done much better in that time slot.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, guys...we'll be starting book club in about five minutes as it seems several of us (me included) are still writing up our reviews...

But that will give us a few more minutes and allow anyone else who might be coming to join us.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
Is it bad that i am pleased that all the new NBC shows are doing awful in ratings? They cancelled 2 shows already and Constantine on friday doesn´t look good either. Revolution would have done much better in that time slot.
Not awful of you at all I love the fact that their new shows aren't doing well. They had a winner with Revolution and they sabotaged it.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Not awful of you at all I love the fact that their new shows aren't doing well. They had a winner with Revolution and they sabotaged it.
I agree with both of you guys. They totally had a winner that could at least provide about 5 million viewers and they tossed it all away. And yeah, I figured Constantine wouldn't last that long.

Ok, well, let's kick off the book club then. We had four stories this week. Here's hoping everyone liked them.

Here's our random line-up for the week: mlreeve1, IceonFire7, wildirish, LemonSupreme,
jamieizskye.

Does this work for everyone?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree with both of you guys. They totally had a winner that could at least provide about 5 million viewers and they tossed it all away. And yeah, I figured Constantine wouldn't last that long.

Ok, well, let's kick off the book club then. We had four stories this week. Here's hoping everyone liked them.

Here's our random line-up for the week: mlreeve1, IceonFire7, wildirish, LemonSupreme,
jamieizskye.

Does this work for everyone?
Sorry still working on my comments someone else want to go first?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Sorry still working on my comments someone else want to go first?
OK, Lemon is going to go first and then I'll follow her. Michelle, you can go right in the middle then. Followed by wildirish and Jamie...
Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, Lemon is going to go first and then I'll follow her. Michelle, you can go right in the middle then. Followed by wildirish and Jamie...
Sorry this will be brief. Husband has the flu. Kids are not adjusting to Daylight Savings Time and I've been doing a lot more writing than reading this week. Bottom line... am running on fumes. Sorry about that.

Here goes…
Time Lapses by Lethally…. A perfect example of why I HATE ‘drabbles’. They are the **** tease of fan fiction….get me all riled up and then leave me hanging. Grr. That aside… I like this. Very hot for how terribly short it is. I’d be thrilled if more ever was added.

SciFiDVM Mostly Dead Man Walking. I think it’s pretty awesome that she wrote a story so similar to what the writers ended up doing – before she’d seen it all. I like her way better of course since it never worked for me that Rachel was the savior…. Anyway, I liked it a
lot.

The Glint of Light on Broken People… hot hot hot. Love the Halloween theme. Love the smut. All around good stuff here.

Out Into the Dark… also hot, but more emotionally meaningful. Bass in particular feels very fragile here. I like it…though certainly feels like it could have been longer. Still, very good. My favorite bit…. “Maybe it’s the drugs in his system, but he thinks he feels her soul through each touch.”

Ice you're next.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Sorry this will be brief. Husband has the flu. Kids are not adjusting to Daylight Savings Time and I've been doing a lot more writing than reading this week. Bottom line... am running on fumes. Sorry about that.

Here goes…
Time Lapses by Lethally…. A perfect example of why I HATE ‘drabbles’. They are the **** tease of fan fiction….get me all riled up and then leave me hanging. Grr. That aside… I like this. Very hot for how terribly short it is. I’d be thrilled if more ever was added.

SciFiDVM Mostly Dead Man Walking. I think it’s pretty awesome that she wrote a story so similar to what the writers ended up doing – before she’d seen it all. I like her way better of course since it never worked for me that Rachel was the savior…. Anyway, I liked it a
lot.

The Glint of Light on Broken People… hot hot hot. Love the Halloween theme. Love the smut. All around good stuff here.

Out Into the Dark… also hot, but more emotionally meaningful. Bass in particular feels very fragile here. I like it…though certainly feels like it could have been longer. Still, very good. My favorite bit…. “Maybe it’s the drugs in his system, but he thinks he feels her soul through each touch.”

Ice you're next.

Thanks, Lemon. Awesome insights as always

Time Lapses

This is short and sweet...but it gets the point across. And makes me wish it was ten times longer and a complete story. But this is a nice insight into how Charlie and Bass may have started. I love the line "they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now". It just sums up Charloe and how they are both hunters and both prey to the other. I feel like if they ever did get a taste of each other, they would never be able to stop.

The Glint Of Light On Broken People

The sex in this is very hot and maybe very much the way it might have been between Charlie and Bass if it had started that early. This is more how they were together before Willoughby; there's not a lot of love here, but the way they are with each other, it seems like that could happen sometime in the future. At the end, she does say she still plans to kill him, and he calls her bluff. Seems like it could really be the beginning of Charloe....and how much do I wish the show had gone this way....

Anyway, I was glad the Halloween story came up right at this time

Mostly Dead Man Walking

Well, it seems we picked several stories this week that happened on the way to Charloe But SciFi is one of the best and I enjoyed this a lot. I love how she assumed Bass would get out of dying. I thought it was fitting that Rachel wouldn't play along and decided not to help Bass. I kind of always figured Rachel only helped him to try to get on Charlie's good side (though I have little doubt that some of the out of touch writers on Revo might have tried to convince us in S3 that Rachel saved Bass because there were feeling between them...yeah, right...whatever).

Love the end of this when Bass wakes up to Charlie drooling on his shirt and the little bit of banter between them. This too could be a set up for future Charloe. And I love the looks that pass between them when he's being led away in the cage. Looks that Aaron interprets correctly. What a perfect description of Bass too...like a caged tiger.

Out In The Dark

Well, another story that is at the start of Charloe But it's a good one...the first chapter, while sudden, is actually rather hot. Just a very well written sex scene...complete with Charlie trying to pretend that it meant nothing...that she has to nip it in the bud.

Chapter two sees her already falling for him...and I love these sentiments: "What she wants more than anything is to be back on the road with Bass, not even with a destination in mind. She wants to run away from her mother, from any responsibilities she has to anyone else. She wants a chance to be herself with someone she hardly knows and who hardly knows her, but who sees right to her soul when he looks in her eyes." How perfect that all she wants to do is just run away with him, just be back on the road where they started to become something to each other. Interesting, cause that's pretty much where I wanted them too

Also, interesting that SciFi made it so Rachel wouldn't help Bass and freshair made it that she would for Charlie's sake.

Third chapter sees him waking up and trying to deny that there's something between them, and her bowling him right over to insist there is. I like insistent Charlie More Charloe sex is never a bad thing either. All I wish is that more had been done for this story. I would have enjoyed several more chapters of this Charlie and Bass. The writer was very good and I wish he/she would have done more with both this story and in general for Charloe.

OK, mlreeve1, your turn.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks, Lemon. Awesome insights as always

Time Lapses

This is short and sweet...but it gets the point across. And makes me wish it was ten times longer and a complete story. But this is a nice insight into how Charlie and Bass may have started. I love the line "they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now". It just sums up Charloe and how they are both hunters and both prey to the other. I feel like if they ever did get a taste of each other, they would never be able to stop.

The Glint Of Light On Broken People

The sex in this is very hot and maybe very much the way it might have been between Charlie and Bass if it had started that early. This is more how they were together before Willoughby; there's not a lot of love here, but the way they are with each other, it seems like that could happen sometime in the future. At the end, she does say she still plans to kill him, and he calls her bluff. Seems like it could really be the beginning of Charloe....and how much do I wish the show had gone this way....

Anyway, I was glad the Halloween story came up right at this time

Mostly Dead Man Walking

Well, it seems we picked several stories this week that happened on the way to Charloe But SciFi is one of the best and I enjoyed this a lot. I love how she assumed Bass would get out of dying. I thought it was fitting that Rachel wouldn't play along and decided not to help Bass. I kind of always figured Rachel only helped him to try to get on Charlie's good side (though I have little doubt that some of the out of touch writers on Revo might have tried to convince us in S3 that Rachel saved Bass because there were feeling between them...yeah, right...whatever).

Love the end of this when Bass wakes up to Charlie drooling on his shirt and the little bit of banter between them. This too could be a set up for future Charloe. And I love the looks that pass between them when he's being led away in the cage. Looks that Aaron interprets correctly. What a perfect description of Bass too...like a caged tiger.

Out In The Dark

Well, another story that is at the start of Charloe But it's a good one...the first chapter, while sudden, is actually rather hot. Just a very well written sex scene...complete with Charlie trying to pretend that it meant nothing...that she has to nip it in the bud.

Chapter two sees her already falling for him...and I love these sentiments: "What she wants more than anything is to be back on the road with Bass, not even with a destination in mind. She wants to run away from her mother, from any responsibilities she has to anyone else. She wants a chance to be herself with someone she hardly knows and who hardly knows her, but who sees right to her soul when he looks in her eyes." How perfect that all she wants to do is just run away with him, just be back on the road where they started to become something to each other. Interesting, cause that's pretty much where I wanted them too

Also, interesting that SciFi made it so Rachel wouldn't help Bass and freshair made it that she would for Charlie's sake.

Third chapter sees him waking up and trying to deny that there's something between them, and her bowling him right over to insist there is. I like insistent Charlie More Charloe sex is never a bad thing either. All I wish is that more had been done for this story. I would have enjoyed several more chapters of this Charlie and Bass. The writer was very good and I wish he/she would have done more with both this story and in general for Charloe.

OK, mlreeve1, your turn.
Time Lapses

It may be short, but it definitely grabbed your interest and left you wanting more..kind of like it did for Bass and Charlie
Out Into The Dark

The first chapter is kind of what I always wished would have happened on their journey back to Willoughby because we really have no idea how long they were on the road together the tension would have been delicious. I liked that the author made it so that Rachel realized how Charlie felt because she recognized the look on her face as her own when it came to Miles. You really can’t help who you are drawn to. Loved the missing scene so to speak when Rachel got Charlie to help her move Bass and get him cleaned up. I think one of my favorite parts of the last chapter was when Bass tried to say it wasn’t what he wanted “This isn’t what I want. I don’t want you like this.” He tries to stop there, but the words keep coming against his will. “I want you in a house with a picket fence. I want you with dresses and enough food and no need for guns and I don’t want you to die of some stupid, treatable disease. I want you—“ His words fail him, and he realizes what he is really saying. “I want you.”

The Glint of Light on Broken People

This was the perfect pick for Halloween…I’ve read this one before and I have to say still hot and steamy. It is such a thin line between love and hate and they are definitely walking that line. I love at the end when they are just lying there looking up talking “This didn’t mean anything. It was just- just something to do until I can kill you.”
“Yeah, right.” He laid back, gesturing to the moon, a silent, lonely witness. “And none of that blood is on you either. Nobody does denial like a Matheson.”
Charlie can’t even begin to let herself think It’s anything more.

Mostly Dead Man Walking

I didn’t have time to read this again, but I do remember loving it ….and like Lemon said I loved how Charlie, Aaron and Miles were his saviors not Rachel. It made more sense this way

Your turn WildIrish
Old 11-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks mlreeve!

Okay I read these stories all for the first time in a mad dash this afternoon so I could (if all thing went well) attend tonight’s book club. As I was reading, I typed out my thoughts. Here they are copy and pasted:

“Out Into the Dark” by freshair
This was a nice short fic. None of the chapters were especially long, and the writer had a very straightforward writing style. There were very few flowery words or purple prose, which I liked. And if we are grading smut, she did a great job. Hehe.

“The Glint of Light on Broken People” by lovesrogue36
First the title is simply amazing. One because it’s a play on a quote by Chekhov. Second, because it is metaphorically on-point. The entire story is about this bloody moon. The moon is light in the dark, shining on these two broken people. The light also being symbolic of them starting to fumble towards each other; and somehow they are each other’s lights, no matter how bloody and dark it might be between them. Things like this make my literary heart flutter. Okay, I’m done.

I loved their dialogue, like the comment about the blood on the moon or Bass’ grip on sanity. Frankly, the dialogue in this story kicked-ass (which is far less eloquent than she wrote, granted) and so freaking spot on that I just can’t even put into words how perfect every single line was. I would not change one single line. Dialogue is a weakness of mine and when I come across great ones, I tend to go gaga or swoon or both. It’s the writer in me. No judging. He was sometimes crude in how he spoke, but hell, Bass was crude that way on the show. That was perfectly in character.

One thing that kind of bugged me and I have to bring this up because I have to know if I’m the only one that got this vibe/impression from this exchange. I would like to apologize in advance for any really, really bad memories I bring up:
“Just like your mother. Always a sharp word but, you know, she could never follow through on it either.”

Charlie shifted, her back to him and her legs crossed tightly together, the grinding of her teeth drawing a smirk onto his lips. “Follow through on what?”

He didn’t respond, only snatched another precious apple from his bag like there was an indefinite supply and drove his knife into its dark, bruised flesh. She flinched at the squelch of apple skin giving way beneath his blade and clenched her jaw even tighter. “Follow through on what?”

“Whatever it is you want to do to me, Charlotte.” She could feel his eyes on her, on the silhouette of her profile, firelight dancing across the shape of her body.

“Torment, maim and kill?”

“Yeah. Sure.”
Anyone get an undertone that had very little to do with torment, maiming or killing? And that in some way the author was alluding to something sexual between Charlie and Monroe (big duh), and ergo, something sexual in regards to Rachel too. The only reason I bring this up is because when I read it, it felt implied that Bass had wanted Rachel to follow through on whatever she had taunted him with (sexually and not torture). Which is like a cardinal sin in my book.
“Matheson and Monroe. Call it your destiny.” Truer words.

“Oh, don’t lie, Charlotte. You always wear a mask.”

“Yeah, right.” He laid back, gesturing to the moon, a silent, lonely witness. “And none of that blood is on you either. Nobody does denial like a Matheson.” Boom.
Though this was far from a frilly, romantic story I loved it. LOVED IT. And I also enjoyed the impression at the end that this encounter would happen again and that somewhere down the line genuine feelings would develop between them, because like the author wrote, it’s “destiny.”

“Mostly Dead Man Walking” by SciFiDVM

Okay, I know that SciFi is practically a legend or royalty in these parts. With good reason b/c her writing is amazing and I have only read a few pieces (yes, shaming, go ahead throw stones. I deserve them.) Her caliber of writing is incredibly high. Her A/N amused me because I too have an attachment to Bass—not so much David Lyons but Bass himself. He’s just such a compelling character; I can’t get enough of him. When they threatened to kill him off, I was ready to walk. And would have if they hadn’t come to their damn senses at the last minute. (Also can I just say how kickass is SciFi that she built a laptop in a day just so she could post this story before the episode aired? I’m lucky I could fix dinner before the show came on.)

There wasn’t a whole heck of a lot of Charloe in here. But it was good enough not to muss me up by it. And there were hints of it here and there to make me happy. Little lines like, “Aaron realized that she was a little more distressed at this news he had expected her to be [sic].”

And this, “That was until his eyes found Charlie’s. Aaron could tell the second it happened. Monroe’s face dropped and his eyes got huge. He looked scared and ashamed and you could tell he wanted to look away from her but couldn’t bring himself to do it. Then he seemed to find some strength and, after a meaningful look Aaron couldn’t begin to interpret, he turned his head and body away from them. It was as if he couldn’t stand for them to see him that way.”

And, “Even in the situation he was in, his first instinct was to protect her.” (Swoon.)

Observation: Miles was a bit of a dick to Charlie in this story. Especially when it came to having her “plan” the rescue. But then like a master, SciFi justified it and I forgave him. Lol.

“But what she didn’t really want to admit was that just maybe she’d spent enough time with the monster that she’d started to see a bit of the very broken man underneath. He was as broken as this stupid messed up world they lived in, and if there were some form of redemption to be had for Sebastian Monroe, maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for the whole damn crazy world. In him, she saw hope for humanity.” I think this is true of Charlie. She might not have liked that she saw it, but I do think she did begin to see him as more than just a tool. Plus, I love this quote.

Charlie putting her mother in her place always puts me in a happy state of mind. Here was no different. Plus, I got the added ironic touch of Charlie inadvertently paraphrasing Gandhi to Rachel about Monroe. Awesome. I will admit that I whooped for joy when Miles did not pander to Rachel: “And you don’t have to help, but you do have to stay out of our way.” Plus HE then put Rachel in her place. I’m not gonna say I cheered; but I’m not gonna lie if you ask either. Boy, if only the real Miles had been like this in S2.

But even knowing how it really happened in the show, I thought Miles and Charlie were nuts for trusting Rachel to switch the drugs out. And as it showed in the scene with her father, my instinct was right. Rachel isn’t trustworthy. Except to always look out for her interests only. Sorry is my Rachel-hate showing? Oops. I agree w/ others that it would have made more sense that Miles, Charlie and Aaron saved him rather than Rachel, b/c since when does she listen to anybody else?

I would like to say that SciFi is a genius for getting the general gist of what happened on the show so accurate—before it aired! This was a good story.

“Time Lapses” by Lethally
What’s there to say? This was a shorty but a goody! And I really dug the last line: “They are still enemies turned allies but not just that anymore, they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now, a hole in their stomach already bringing awareness to this feeling of want, hot desire, this craving that is growing by the second.”

Okay, I hope my ramblings made a lick of sense. Now you are up Jamie!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
Thanks mlreeve!

Okay I read these stories all for the first time in a mad dash this afternoon so I could (if all thing went well) attend tonight’s book club. As I was reading, I typed out my thoughts. Here they are copy and pasted:

“Out Into the Dark” by freshair
This was a nice short fic. None of the chapters were especially long, and the writer had a very straightforward writing style. There were very few flowery words or purple prose, which I liked. And if we are grading smut, she did a great job. Hehe.

“The Glint of Light on Broken People” by lovesrogue36
First the title is simply amazing. One because it’s a play on a quote by Chekhov. Second, because it is metaphorically on-point. The entire story is about this bloody moon. The moon is light in the dark, shining on these two broken people. The light also being symbolic of them starting to fumble towards each other; and somehow they are each other’s lights, no matter how bloody and dark it might be between them. Things like this make my literary heart flutter. Okay, I’m done.

I loved their dialogue, like the comment about the blood on the moon or Bass’ grip on sanity. Frankly, the dialogue in this story kicked-ass (which is far less eloquent than she wrote, granted) and so freaking spot on that I just can’t even put into words how perfect every single line was. I would not change one single line. Dialogue is a weakness of mine and when I come across great ones, I tend to go gaga or swoon or both. It’s the writer in me. No judging. He was sometimes crude in how he spoke, but hell, Bass was crude that way on the show. That was perfectly in character.

One thing that kind of bugged me and I have to bring this up because I have to know if I’m the only one that got this vibe/impression from this exchange. I would like to apologize in advance for any really, really bad memories I bring up:
“Just like your mother. Always a sharp word but, you know, she could never follow through on it either.”

Charlie shifted, her back to him and her legs crossed tightly together, the grinding of her teeth drawing a smirk onto his lips. “Follow through on what?”

He didn’t respond, only snatched another precious apple from his bag like there was an indefinite supply and drove his knife into its dark, bruised flesh. She flinched at the squelch of apple skin giving way beneath his blade and clenched her jaw even tighter. “Follow through on what?”

“Whatever it is you want to do to me, Charlotte.” She could feel his eyes on her, on the silhouette of her profile, firelight dancing across the shape of her body.

“Torment, maim and kill?”

“Yeah. Sure.”
Anyone get an undertone that had very little to do with torment, maiming or killing? And that in some way the author was alluding to something sexual between Charlie and Monroe (big duh), and ergo, something sexual in regards to Rachel too. The only reason I bring this up is because when I read it, it felt implied that Bass had wanted Rachel to follow through on whatever she had taunted him with (sexually and not torture). Which is like a cardinal sin in my book.
“Matheson and Monroe. Call it your destiny.” Truer words.

“Oh, don’t lie, Charlotte. You always wear a mask.”

“Yeah, right.” He laid back, gesturing to the moon, a silent, lonely witness. “And none of that blood is on you either. Nobody does denial like a Matheson.” Boom.
Though this was far from a frilly, romantic story I loved it. LOVED IT. And I also enjoyed the impression at the end that this encounter would happen again and that somewhere down the line genuine feelings would develop between them, because like the author wrote, it’s “destiny.”

“Mostly Dead Man Walking” by SciFiDVM

Okay, I know that SciFi is practically a legend or royalty in these parts. With good reason b/c her writing is amazing and I have only read a few pieces (yes, shaming, go ahead throw stones. I deserve them.) Her caliber of writing is incredibly high. Her A/N amused me because I too have an attachment to Bass—not so much David Lyons but Bass himself. He’s just such a compelling character; I can’t get enough of him. When they threatened to kill him off, I was ready to walk. And would have if they hadn’t come to their damn senses at the last minute. (Also can I just say how kickass is SciFi that she built a laptop in a day just so she could post this story before the episode aired? I’m lucky I could fix dinner before the show came on.)

There wasn’t a whole heck of a lot of Charloe in here. But it was good enough not to muss me up by it. And there were hints of it here and there to make me happy. Little lines like, “Aaron realized that she was a little more distressed at this news he had expected her to be [sic].”

And this, “That was until his eyes found Charlie’s. Aaron could tell the second it happened. Monroe’s face dropped and his eyes got huge. He looked scared and ashamed and you could tell he wanted to look away from her but couldn’t bring himself to do it. Then he seemed to find some strength and, after a meaningful look Aaron couldn’t begin to interpret, he turned his head and body away from them. It was as if he couldn’t stand for them to see him that way.”

And, “Even in the situation he was in, his first instinct was to protect her.” (Swoon.)

Observation: Miles was a bit of a dick to Charlie in this story. Especially when it came to having her “plan” the rescue. But then like a master, SciFi justified it and I forgave him. Lol.

“But what she didn’t really want to admit was that just maybe she’d spent enough time with the monster that she’d started to see a bit of the very broken man underneath. He was as broken as this stupid messed up world they lived in, and if there were some form of redemption to be had for Sebastian Monroe, maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for the whole damn crazy world. In him, she saw hope for humanity.” I think this is true of Charlie. She might not have liked that she saw it, but I do think she did begin to see him as more than just a tool. Plus, I love this quote.

Charlie putting her mother in her place always puts me in a happy state of mind. Here was no different. Plus, I got the added ironic touch of Charlie inadvertently paraphrasing Gandhi to Rachel about Monroe. Awesome. I will admit that I whooped for joy when Miles did not pander to Rachel: “And you don’t have to help, but you do have to stay out of our way.” Plus HE then put Rachel in her place. I’m not gonna say I cheered; but I’m not gonna lie if you ask either. Boy, if only the real Miles had been like this in S2.

But even knowing how it really happened in the show, I thought Miles and Charlie were nuts for trusting Rachel to switch the drugs out. And as it showed in the scene with her father, my instinct was right. Rachel isn’t trustworthy. Except to always look out for her interests only. Sorry is my Rachel-hate showing? Oops. I agree w/ others that it would have made more sense that Miles, Charlie and Aaron saved him rather than Rachel, b/c since when does she listen to anybody else?

I would like to say that SciFi is a genius for getting the general gist of what happened on the show so accurate—before it aired! This was a good story.

“Time Lapses” by Lethally
What’s there to say? This was a shorty but a goody! And I really dug the last line: “They are still enemies turned allies but not just that anymore, they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now, a hole in their stomach already bringing awareness to this feeling of want, hot desire, this craving that is growing by the second.”

Okay, I hope my ramblings made a lick of sense. Now you are up Jamie!
I also mad a mad dash to read & get my thoughts down on paper but I didn't have a chance to finish Out into The Dark but Here's my thoughts on these stories.
Sorry, but I didn't get to polish them either.

Charloe Book club Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Time Lapses
Lethally
Summary:
“Come on Charlotte, don’t tell me you’ve never kissed a guy! Make it look real.”
Work Text:
Her wide blue eyes are looking up at him, shocked by surprise, her lips unresponsive against his.
He backs off, eyes dropping over her pink lips and the sliver of tongue that wets them,
“Come on Charlotte, don’t tell me you’ve never kissed a guy! Make it look real.”
Then he goes right back to kissing her, his hands buried in her light brown hair, his hips flush against hers and she finally starts responding to his kiss, giving as good as she gets, her hands roaming over his chest and back, fisting at his v-neck and pulling him closer, her thigh between his legs.
He bites at her jaw and suddenly it is not a pretend game anymore, she moans loudly as his tongue fights with hers, her slim hand palming at his crotch, while he picks her up, both hands on her ass and presses her against the wall, his thumbs rubbing circles at her waistband.
They barely hear the men who were chasing them pass them by without a second look at the two lovers hidden in an alley and kissing like they want to be one.
He leans harder against her to free one of his hands and starts rubbing her through her jeans, when a gunshot is heard and suddenly she is pushing against him, putting some distance between them, he steps back and they share a look.
The time out is over, and they’re back at playing hide and seek. But everytime he glances at her while they run he can see her puffed lips and the beginning of beard burn on her cheeks, while she can see through his collar the bite marks she left on his neck.
They are still enemies turned allies but not just that anymore, they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now, a hole in their stomach already bringing awareness to this feeling of want, hot desire, this craving that is growing by the second
Cute one-shot & I loved the visual image of Charloe in a dark alley pretending to be lovers to hide from the patriots. I liked how her innocence in the kiss was quickly given way to a heated desire for more when he skillfully bitt at her jaw. I always love the scenario of Bass & Charlie having to pretend to be Lovers & desire just takes over from there. Nice Read 

Mostly Dead Man Walking
Monroe & the threat of Lethal Injection always has me reading on the edge of my seat. It’s interesting how the whole gang knew that Charlie wouldn’t be ok with letting Monroe die. I always love Charlie’s badass take charge side & we saw plenty of that in the first half of Season 2 & then in the 2nd half of Season 2, she was quiet & took a back seat to Miloe & Gene & Rachel’s decisions, for the most part.
I would have loved to have seen more of the trio of Miles, Charlie, & Bass..JustSayin..
I teared up reading The scene with Bass being paraded down Main Street as she describes him as basically a Prized Tiger once Wild, Beautiful & Powerful that has now had it’s spirit completely broken until that Moment.
That Moment when Bass’s eyes Lock with Charlie’s & the two share such understanding & emotion without saying a word . I can just see that exchange on repeat in my head. Charlie & Bass just empty their souls into one another in just one long deep look. Charloe is such a powerful couple & how some writers couldn’t see that is beyond me. Charloe is magic in a bottle. They may not fit right on paper but in every way that matters in this post-apocalyptic world they are two halves of one whole.
“Right, because that’s what that look was all about. “ Aaron’s incredulous sarcasm seemed to strike a nerve.
“We’ll find a way she Soothed”I love the closeness between Charlie & Miles and their mutual desire to save Bass. Season 2 Miles & Charlie seemed so disconnected most of the time because of Rachel & I hated it.

Charlie, you say it’s not about Monroe but I think you know deep down it’s all about Monroe and saving him will be also saving a part of yourself that would die too.
I Love how Aaron is involved in the planning of saving Monroe. In Season 2, he was mostly off doing his own thing & I missed his moments of bewilderment while he’d still have the knowledge of a Genius when discussing & carrying out scenarios.

I thoroughly enjoyed Charlie’s basically- a slap in the face- to Rachel about how her selfishness is out of control & Charlie’s not having it anymore. Oh, & I liked that she TOLD Rachel they were going to save Monroe.
“Just be careful Charlie. That son of a bitch will probably start to grow on you if you give him half a chance”Miles’ words are so true here. Monroe has even grown on Aaron but I enjoyed the underlying message that Miles would begrudgingly accept Charlie getting closer to Bass.

Sorry, Crazy Week & this is as far as I got to read but I can’t wait to read everyone else’s thoughts.

Thank God for CharloeTuesday, BookClub, & thegoodshipcharloe.com-Works way better than X*** to calm me down after a crazy day.

My fav quote to this point is:
“Just be careful Charlie. That son of a bitch will probably start to grow on you if you give him half a chance
And I felt like SciFiDVM always has a great grip on who these characters are, how they think, what they feel, how they interact, that seem so true to who they are in the show but she also takes them to the next level that we all craved from the show but didn’t get.

Ok, sorry if this review seems detached but I just read some more while waiting for book club to start & it doesn’t surprise me that Rachel decides to put her wants, needs, Hatred before Charlie & before Miles to kill Monroe. B*tch! Sorry, no, I’m not sorry that’s just how I feel.
I wanted Bass saved so I was Happy when Rachel dug him up & we realized she saved him but something about it just didn’t ring true. I prefer Aaron-He Can Burn **** Up (I think, been long day)saving the day with a little assistance from the fireflies.

Before she could get out the door, his voice called out to her, “Charlotte.”IMO, what a powerful way to end a story.

The Glint of Light on Broken People

I can see Halloween being Bass’s favorite Holiday and the flashback of him & Miles in junior high egging the principal’s house was such a great glimpse into how this pair always did everything toghether.
Bass’s description for the most part: Truer words have never been spoken to summarize how Halloween is celebrated at adult’s only parties.
“It was a real peach of a holiday”
The Smut is great. Bass is such a tease describing hot sex, jeans jerked down, dirty type sex.
“You don’t know me Charlotte. Maybe she did after all.”
Sex with Monroe
That would be a great prompt for a story.

Last edited by jamieizskye; 11-04-2014 at 08:18 PM Reason: Ok back to Lemon or do I hand off to you Ice?