6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"The Charlie/Monroe scenes are ... always so electric. Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scenes of the Moment

XX

previous threads { 1 } { 2 } { 3 } { 4 } { 5 } { 6 }
OP design and artwork by Nelly.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay, new thread!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Yay, new thread!
Yeah, do you like the quote? Lemon thought it was pretty good.

Hey, Thesaurus, did you check out any of the song links on the website? They were giving me some issue and I just wondered if they were opening for other people. Lemon is opening them, but I can't and I was just checking.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Yeah, do you like the quote? Lemon thought it was pretty good.

Hey, Thesaurus, did you check out any of the song links on the website? They were giving me some issue and I just wondered if they were opening for other people. Lemon is opening them, but I can't and I was just checking.
I haven't Ice. I could go over them if you like...although it may take a while as there's so many!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I haven't Ice. I could go over them if you like...although it may take a while as there's so many!
Yeah, you don't have to go over them all...just one or two to see if they open for you. Would you mind? I would appreciate it.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, you don't have to go over them all...just one or two to see if they open for you. Would you mind? I would appreciate it.
I'm working my way through them all for you anyways!

Although, I do think I have a couple of songs that need to be added...
Old 10-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm working my way through them all for you anyways!

Although, I do think I have a couple of songs that need to be added...
Hey, I really appreciate that very much, but only do what you want to do...we worked on that list for quite awhile and we had really specific guidelines for the songs to make them as Charloe as possible.

But if you have any songs you think belong on here, please let me know what they are. We will go over any requests that we get. I was asking people for Charloe songs here on the forum during earlier book clubs and we went through all of them.

I am always excited to hear and find new music...and we tried to cover all sorts of genres in music...and really, I'm going to add this playlist onto my iPod, so yeah, let me know!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I do really like the quote you both chose! And the way I phrased it was odd, I should have said songs you can add if you like. This is what happens when I'm doing five things at once.

It took awhile (and you've probably long since gone to bed), but I've gone through all the songs. All the links work and I've favorited a bunch of the songs for myself. It worked out well as I'm waiting until it gets late enough here to do an interview with someone overseas, so I needed to keep busy.

The only thing I found:
In the song 'Can't Stop This Thing We Started', by Bryan Adams, the link works, but there are some extra letters in his last name.

Quote:
Hey, I really appreciate that very much, but only do what you want to do...we worked on that list for quite awhile and we had really specific guidelines for the songs to make them as Charloe as possible.

But if you have any songs you think belong on here, please let me know what they are. We will go over any requests that we get. I was asking people for Charloe songs here on the forum during earlier book clubs and we went through all of them.

I am always excited to hear and find new music...and we tried to cover all sorts of genres in music...and really, I'm going to add this playlist onto my iPod, so yeah, let me know!
You both did an awesome job with all the music, I just wanted to add in a few more I thought would fit. I wasn't part of the BC when you were putting together the songs, so I didn't know that's how you compiled it. You don't have to use them. On another note, if you ever want obscure/different music, I've got a lot. I've lived overseas on several different occasions and have gotten to know a lot of world music from a range of different styles, so I could always give you some links/names.

Here are a few songs that fit Charloe:
No Light, No Light - Florence + The Machine (This is one of my fave Charloe songs)
Stripped - Shiny Toy Guns
Chemistry of a Car Crash - Shiny Toy Guns
Make This Go on Forever - Snow Patrol
Set Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol ft. Martha Wainwright
Electrical Storm - U2
Ready for Love - Bad Company
L-L-Love - Astaire
Liberty - Olive
Glory Box - Portishead
Don't Take Your Love Away - VAST
Can You Love Me (With the Lights on) - Brian Siewert - Hard to find, but REALLY fits Charloe
This Love - Sarah Brightman

Miloe Song (Platonic and Sad)
Smile - Olive

Let me know what you think Ice. See you next BC!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I do really like the quote you both chose! And the way I phrased it was odd, I should have said songs you can add if you like. This is what happens when I'm doing five things at once.

It took awhile (and you've probably long since gone to bed), but I've gone through all the songs. All the links work and I've favorited a bunch of the songs for myself. It worked out well as I'm waiting until it gets late enough here to do an interview with someone overseas, so I needed to keep busy.

The only thing I found:
In the song 'Can't Stop This Thing We Started', by Bryan Adams, the link works, but there are some extra letters in his last name.

You both did an awesome job with all the music, I just wanted to add in a few more I thought would fit. I wasn't part of the BC when you were putting together the songs, so I didn't know that's how you compiled it. You don't have to use them. On another note, if you ever want obscure/different music, I've got a lot. I've lived overseas on several different occasions and have gotten to know a lot of world music from a range of different styles, so I could always give you some links/names.

Here are a few:
No Light, No Light - Florence + The Machine (This is my fave Charloe song)
Stripped - Shiny Toy Guns
Chemistry of a Car Crash - Shiny Toy Guns
Make This Go on Forever - Snow Patrol
Set Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol ft. Martha Wainwright
Electrical Storm - U2
Ready for Love - Bad Company
L-L-Love - Astaire
Liberty - Olive
Glory Box - Portishead
Don't Take Your Love Away - VAST
Can You Love Me (With the Lights on) - Brian Siewert - Hard to find, but REALLY fits Charloe
This Love - Sarah Brightman

Miloe Song (Platonic and Sad)
Smile - Olive

Let me know what you think Ice. See you next BC!
Oh, no...I'm still up...I'm off tomorrow and when I don't have to work. I am a total night owl.

I'm checking out your music list right now.

In all honesty, we only got a few songs from the book club. Only a few people gave any song requests and really that was almost just to make a personal Charloe playlist. Later, when we decided to add it to the site, Lemon and I basically pulled together as much as we could from our musical collections.

I will go through all of these and share them with her too. Electrical Storm, huh? U2 is my favorite band, so I'll have to give it another whirl. I told Lemon we probably weren't getting out of this without a few U2 songs.

Thank you for doing all that, Thesaurus. For some reason I cannot open any of the links to any songs that we connected through AZlyrics. It just stopped working for me late last night and I have not been able to open it since then.

I really appreciate it so much.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 10-28-2014 at 11:31 PM
Old 10-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, no...I'm still up...I'm off tomorrow and when I don't have to work. I am a total night owl.

I'm checking out your music list right now.

In all honesty, we only got a few songs from the book club. Only a few people gave any song requests and really that was almost just to make a personal Charloe playlist. Later, when we decided to add it to the site, Lemon and I basically pulled together as much as we could from our musical collections.

I will go through all of these and share them with her too. Electrical Storm, huh? U2 is my favorite band, so I'll have to give it another whirl. I told Lemon we probably weren't getting out of this without a few U2 songs.

Thank you for doing all that, Thesaurus. For some reason I cannot open any of the links to any songs that we connected through AZlyrics. It just stopped working for me late last night and I have not been able to open it since then.

I really appreciate it so much.
Do let me know what you think!

Well, you both did a really good job bringing in an eclectic mix of songs. And not a problem, I was happy to help with the links. Plus, like I said, I'm waiting up anyway to make a couple phone calls, so I had time on my hands. That's really weird (and highly annoying) you can't open anything for one particular site. It would make me grumble...loudly.

Ha, to be totally honest, 'Electrical Storm' might be pushing it a bit. It's my favorite U2 song (that and Sunday, Bloody Sunday) so it inevitably finds its way into fandom for me. So, that might not work. But it's U2 and I couldn't help myself.

BTW, you don't have to call me Thesaurus, as that's not too much fun to type out all the time (poor Lemon knows all too well), unless you really want to. You can call me AL or Thessie (hithelleth's name for me, which I like as it rhymes with the nickname for the Loch Ness Monster, 'Nessie') or Luv (Gizzi's name). But if you like Thesaurus, go right ahead!

I'm a night-owl too, well an insomniac at least.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Do let me know what you think!

Well, you both did a really good job bringing in an eclectic mix of songs. And not a problem, I was happy to help with the links. Plus, like I said, I'm waiting up anyway to make a couple phone calls, so I had time on my hands. That's really weird (and highly annoying) you can't open anything for one particular site. It would make me grumble...loudly.

Ha, to be totally honest, 'Electrical Storm' might be pushing it a bit. It's my favorite U2 song (that and Sunday, Bloody Sunday) so it inevitably finds its way into fandom for me. So, that might not work. But it's U2 and I couldn't help myself.

BTW, you don't have to call me Thesaurus, as that's not too much fun to type out all the time (poor Lemon knows all too well), unless you really want to. You can call me AL or Thessie (hithelleth's name for me, which I like as it rhymes with the nickname for the Loch Ness Monster, 'Nessie') or Luv (Gizzi's name). But if you like Thesaurus, go right ahead!

I'm a night-owl too, well an insomniac at least.
Yeah, it is really annoying and I can't figure out for the life of me why it's happening. And it's not just on my laptop, my desktop will not open that site either, not just through the links, but at all, even just when I Google that site. Strange thing.

And yeah, like I said, you'll find a few U2 songs in the playlist and that is all on me. That's my follow-around-when-on-tour band, so those are my guys And yes, that is one of my top U2 songs as well.

Well, a lot of these songs are really great. I'll share them with Lemon tomorrow Oh, and we need more songs for Charlie herself, so if you have anything that reminds you of her, let me know.

So you'll have to tell me what you favorited...I'm interested to know what songs are striking a chord with other Charloe fans...and really...just love talking about music (that and movies and I can chat forever )

Anyway, thank you for all your help tonight, Thesaurus. I appreciate you putting in the time.

And I come from a town that prides itself on nicknames, so do you have one you prefer? Cause I have no problem using them. I'm the one who feels it's more intimate when Bass calls her Charlie, cause...nickname

Last edited by IceonFire7; 10-28-2014 at 11:44 PM
Old 10-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it is really annoying and I can't figure out for the life of me why it's happening. And it's not just on my laptop, my desktop will not open that site either, not just through the links, but at all, even just when I Google that site. Strange thing.

And yeah, like I said, you'll find a few U2 songs in the playlist and that is all on me. That's my follow-around-when-on-tour band, so those are my guys And yes, that is one of my top U2 songs as well.

Well, a lot of these songs are really great. I'll share them with Lemon tomorrow Oh, and we need more songs for Charlie herself, so if you have anything that reminds you of her, let me know.

So you'll have to tell me what you favorited...I'm interested to know what songs are striking a chord with other Charloe fans...and really...just love talking about music (that and movies and I can chat forever )

Anyway, thank you for all your help tonight, Thesaurus. I appreciate you putting in the time.

And I come from a town that prides itself on nicknames, so do you have one you prefer? Cause I have no problem using them. I'm the one who feels it's more intimate when Bass calls her Charlie, cause...nickname
I'm happy you liked the songs! You'll have to let me know which ones.

So you're the one who likes 'Charlie'... I knew one of my favorite Charloe writers preferred that. I like Charlotte best and use that in my stories, but when push-comes-to-shove, it really doesn't matter overmuch, especially when I read fanfic. He could call her 'Doug-the-Dragon' for all I care, I'm just greedy for Charloe stories. Although yes, I do have a preference for 'Charlotte'. It just sounds so damn sexy coming from him...that raspy voice...YUM!

I'm open to suggestions for Nicknames. I use AL personally but I don't particularly care what other people come up with. You know, as long as it's not offensive, haha. There's been AL, ILMT, Luv, Luvin, Thessie, etc. So you know, whatever works!

Well Paul McCartney for one. I've avoided him for some reason most of my life. I have yet to figure out why -- perhaps it's something psychological. Joni Mitchell. Bread was another. Of course I've heard of them, but I didn't know that much about them. I've never been a huge fan of 1970s music, likely colored by watching my parents dance to bad disco music right in front of me as a child (it kind of ruined the entire decade for me until recently), but as I've gotten older, I've tried to listen to more of it. I have always liked Carly Simon and Bad Company though, so that was fun. Nick Cave seemed interesting. The ABBA made me laugh, ha! What was nice, was there were several songs I've heard, but had forgotten about so it was lovely to tag them again for a listen later.

ETA: 'Liberty' by Olive might work better for a Charlie song. I'll see if I can come up with some others for her. You could add 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons for general Revolution songs.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm happy you liked the songs! You'll have to let me know which ones.

So you're the one who likes 'Charlie'... I knew one of my favorite Charloe writers preferred that. I like Charlotte best and use that in my stories, but when push-comes-to-shove, it really doesn't matter overmuch, especially when I read fanfic. He could call her 'Doug-the-Dragon' for all I care, I'm just greedy for Charloe stories. Although yes, I do have a preference for 'Charlotte'. It just sounds so damn sexy coming from him...that raspy voice...YUM!

I'm open to suggestions for Nicknames. I use AL personally but I don't particularly care what other people come up with. You know, as long as it's not offensive, haha. There's been AL, ILMT, Luv, Luvin, Thessie, etc. So you know, whatever works!

Well Paul McCartney for one. I've avoided him for some reason most of my life. I have yet to figure out why -- perhaps it's something psychological. Joni Mitchell. Bread was another. Of course I've heard of them, but I didn't know that much about them. I've never been a huge fan of 1970s music, likely colored by watching my parents dance to bad disco music right in front of me as a child (it kind of ruined the entire decade for me until recently), but as I've gotten older, I've tried to listen to more of it. I have always liked Carly Simon and Bad Company though, so that was fun. Nick Cave seemed interesting. The ABBA made me laugh, ha! What was nice, was there were several songs I've heard, but had forgotten about so it was lovely to tag them again for a listen later.

ETA: 'Liberty' by Olive might work better for a Charlie song. I'll see if I can come up with some others for her. You could add 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons for general Revolution songs.
Well, that's cool about the songs. The idea was to feature many different types of music to expand everyone's horizons, including my own. As far as 70s music, I have a different take on it than you. To me, it reminds me of childhood, so I guess it's really a nostalgia thing for me. And I have such eclectic tastes in music, so I'm sort of all over the board.

I am with you on the Charlie/Charlotte thing. In the city of Pittsburgh, and it's surrounding suburbs, we have a thing with nicknames. Everyone seems to shorten everyone else's name and if your name can't be shortened, we'll give you a nickname anyway....so to me it's very much a close-knit thing. When he calls her Charlie...it's like he's a part of her inner circle. However, if they had hooked up he could have called her Bob and I would not have cared (I cracked up a few people at book club with a response similar to that in the weeks before you came ) But I think I'm in the minority and most people love Charlotte. I think the theory is...he's the only one to call her that. (I kind of played around with that in chapter 4 of Dream...got a few comments on it too...hahaha)

And yeah, when I checked on the lyrics to Liberty, I did notice that seemed very much like it might be a Charlie song. I never thought about Radioactive, but I'll look at it again. And I have no idea how I missed No Light, No Light for Charloe as I rather love Florence and The Machine, but you are right. That is perfect Charloe. I love that Portishead song too, but I don't even know if I checked the lyrics when I was forming the list. VAST is interesting, and I honestly only know one song by them (Touched). And a few of the others; I'll let you know for sure.

And since you use AL, I'll probably stick to that....though Thessie is pretty great (have you been to Scotland...cause I never saw the monster when I was there ) I kind of keep quiet on my real name and kind of stick behind Ice, but sometime when I PM you, I'll actually introduce myself
Old 10-29-2014, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Well, that's cool about the songs. The idea was to feature many different types of music to expand everyone's horizons, including my own. As far as 70s music, I have a different take on it than you. To me, it reminds me of childhood, so I guess it's really a nostalgia thing for me. And I have such eclectic tastes in music, so I'm sort of all over the board.

I am with you on the Charlie/Charlotte thing. In the city of Pittsburgh, and it's surrounding suburbs, we have a thing with nicknames. Everyone seems to shorten everyone else's name and if your name can't be shortened, we'll give you a nickname anyway....so to me it's very much a close-knit thing. When he calls her Charlie...it's like he's a part of her inner circle. However, if they had hooked up he could have called her Bob and I would not have cared (I cracked up a few people at book club with a response similar to that in the weeks before you came ) But I think I'm in the minority and most people love Charlotte. I think the theory is...he's the only one to call her that. (I kind of played around with that in chapter 4 of Dream...got a few comments on it too...hahaha)

And yeah, when I checked on the lyrics to Liberty, I did notice that seemed very much like it might be a Charlie song. I never thought about Radioactive, but I'll look at it again. And I have no idea how I missed No Light, No Light for Charloe as I rather love Florence and The Machine, but you are right. That is perfect Charloe. I love that Portishead song too, but I don't even know if I checked the lyrics when I was forming the list. VAST is interesting, and I honestly only know one song by them (Touched). And a few of the others; I'll let you know for sure.

And since you use AL, I'll probably stick to that....though Thessie is pretty great (have you been to Scotland...cause I never saw the monster when I was there ) I kind of keep quiet on my real name and kind of stick behind Ice, but sometime when I PM you, I'll actually introduce myself
I think you're still on but thought I would reply either way. I just got finished with my trans-Atlantic phone calls as they took longer than I thought. I'm sorry! Yes -- Bob, Doug-the-Dragon, either would have been acceptable if they'd only gotten together, haha! We were definitely wavelengthing, something that seems to happen quite often with fellow Charloe fans.

I grew up in the 80s, so the door had been firmly closed on the 70s, and the disco really didn't help, haha. I do like a lot of it now though.

AL is fine, I really don't care, as I use a pseudonym online. I shall think up a nickname for you now...hmmm...Icicle? Hmmm...this is pesky.

And yes, I did make it to Scotland in my travels (I lived in London for several years), but no I didn't catch a glance of Nessie unless you count the big green statue on the shores of Loch Ness. I did keep a weather eye though!

It'll be a laugh when everyone else reads our goofy posts at the next BC...

I found some more songs which may work:

Additional Charloe Songs:
Waiting Game - Banks (Totally Charloe)
Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation (Reminds me of Charloe 1x10)
Secret Smile - Semisonic
In the Light - Full Blown Rose
Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
Listen to Your Heart - Roxette

Charlie songs:
Surrender - Digital Daggers
Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson (Definitely fits Early S1 Charlie)
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Leave My Body - Florence + The Machine

Bass Songs:
Beat the Devil's Tattoo - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails (This really fits Bass, although it could work for Miloe friendship as well)
Broken Crown - Mumford & Sons
This Fire - Killswitch Engage (This is pretty heavy metal, but the lyrics are good)

Miloe Songs:
Come as You Are - Nirvana
Hey Brother - Avicii
Into the Fire - Thirteen Senses

General Revolution Songs:
Rattlin' Bones - Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson (It just seems to fit the mood of Revolution to me)

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 10-29-2014 at 02:54 AM
Old 10-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think you're still on but thought I would reply either way. I just got finished with my trans-Atlantic phone calls as they took longer than I thought. I'm sorry! Yes -- Bob, Doug-the-Dragon, either would have been acceptable if they'd only gotten together, haha! We were definitely wavelengthing, something that seems to happen quite often with fellow Charloe fans.

I grew up in the 80s, so the door had been firmly closed on the 70s, and the disco really didn't help, haha. I do like a lot of it now though.

AL is fine, I really don't care, as I use a pseudonym online. I shall think up a nickname for you now...hmmm...Icicle? Hmmm...this is pesky.

And yes, I did make it to Scotland in my travels (I lived in London for several years), but no I didn't catch a glance of Nessie unless you count the big green statue on the shores of Loch Ness. I did keep a weather eye though!

It'll be a laugh when everyone else reads our goofy posts at the next BC...

I found some more songs which may work:

Additional Charloe Songs:
Waiting Game - Banks (Totally Charloe)
Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation (Reminds me of Charloe 1x10)
Secret Smile - Semisonic
In the Light - Full Blown Rose
Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
Listen to Your Heart - Roxette

Charlie songs:
Surrender - Digital Daggers
Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson (Definitely fits Early S1 Charlie)
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Leave My Body - Florence + The Machine

Bass Songs:
Beat the Devil's Tattoo - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails (This really fits Bass, although it could work for Miloe friendship as well)
Broken Crown - Mumford & Sons
This Fire - Killswitch Engage (This is pretty heavy metal, but the lyrics are good)

Miloe Songs:
Come as You Are - Nirvana
Hey Brother - Avicii
Into the Fire - Thirteen Senses

General Revolution Songs:
Rattlin' Bones - Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson (It just seems to fit the mood of Revolution to me)
Hey, thank you for all of this. I will look all these over for sure. Very nice of you.

I'm kind of spread across both the 70s and 80s for growing up (born in '72), but I remember those songs on the radio

Icicle....hahahahaha

Nice that you got to live in London for a few years. I spent a semester of college in London and have been back several times. Loved it every time.

OK, got to go over some songs. Talk to you later.

Ice