Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Good night Lemon and dream sweet dreams of Jeremy! What review? Did I miss another new Lemon story?!

I edited this stuff out of one of my comments but then decided to ask anyway, haha.

Do you gals think Jeremy always called Miles and Bass sir/general/president?

Jeremy's reaction to finding Miles was interesting. What's your take on it? He seemed almost happy to see him. Then that little talk they had as Jeremy marched Miles away, I think he was trying to get at the point that he thought Bass needed him back. Selfish-Miles with his boy thinking. Yes, let's avoid talking and just try to shoot our best friend in the head...use your words Miles

There was that Colonel Faber that Neville got killed in S1, so there was more of a hierarchy it seemed. Ugh, why couldn't we have gotten more flashbacks about the formation of the Republic? These writers...
I like to think that before Bass went totally off the deep end, the three of them were still friends and when it was just the three of them Jeremy called them Bass and Miles, but when others were around it was sir/General/Mr. President and all the jazz.
I also think that after Miles left and Bass started to lose more and more of himself, Jeremy stuck with the Sir/Mr. President bit more because Bass was more about the power and "respect" (fear) that he could get from others and Jeremy wanted to stay alive as long as possible...

And I think he was kind of happy about the idea of Miles coming back because Bass wasn't the only one that lost a friend when Miles left...it kind of seemed to me that Jeremy lost two...
Old 12-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiPandi88 (View Post)
I like to think that before Bass went totally off the deep end, the three of them were still friends and when it was just the three of them Jeremy called them Bass and Miles, but when others were around it was sir/General/Mr. President and all the jazz.
I also think that after Miles left and Bass started to lose more and more of himself, Jeremy stuck with the Sir/Mr. President bit more because Bass was more about the power and "respect" (fear) that he could get from others and Jeremy wanted to stay alive as long as possible...

And I think he was kind of happy about the idea of Miles coming back because Bass wasn't the only one that lost a friend when Miles left...it kind of seemed to me that Jeremy lost two...
Maybe he was happy about Miles coming back because he thought Miles was the only one who could pull Bass back from the brink. It seems he saw what was going on and couldn't really stop it.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Randi, I think you should definitely work Jeremy in...he could be great! Only if it works of course, but Jeremy's always a nice addition, heehee. Love your series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Ah...see I didn't remember that then...

As far as Jeremy calling them sir/general...I sort of wonder if that started after Miles left too, when Bass just really lost it. I mean, maybe when they were in public, he may have used the title out of respect, but in private, I think it was different back then. There's so much that they didn't explain to us that it pisses me right off...
I think you're right Ice. Jeremy always seemed like the type who acted so nonchalant and joking about life, when in fact, he had his finger completely on the pulse of everything.

It would have been really nice to see a scene with the three of them when things were more sane in the early days of the Republic, just to get an idea of how things really were between them.

There's so much these writers screwed up with this show. Who cared about the outlying character flashbacks! I wanted to see flashbacks from the core group.

Yes Ice, I definitely think Jeremy would have been delighted to bring Miles back to Bass, to try and get the one person on the planet that could change/help Bass find the guy he used to be.

Quote:

Randi, I love your post, I think you're spot on!

So sad about Jeremy losing two friends, because he really did.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes Ice, I definitely think Jeremy would have been delighted to bring Miles back to Bass, to try and get the one person on the planet that could change/help Bass find the guy he used to be.

Too bad he got killed in S1 before he saw what effect another person on the planet may have had on Bass...bet Jeremy would have seen the Charloe.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Randi, I think you should definitely work Jeremy in...he could be great! Only if it works of course, but Jeremy's always a nice addition, heehee. Love your series!

I think you're right Ice. Jeremy always seemed like the type who acted so nonchalant and joking about life, when in fact, he had his finger completely on the pulse of everything.

It would have been really nice to see a scene with the three of them when things were more sane in the early days of the Republic, just to get an idea of how things really were between them.

There's so much these writers screwed up with this show. Who cared about the outlying character flashbacks! I wanted to see flashbacks from the core group.

Randi, I love your post, I think you're spot on!

So sad about Jeremy losing two friends, because he really did.
He would have loved the Charloe!! The potential to tease Bass with it? Would have been wonderful!
OK ladies, it's been fun but I'm gonna have to get off of here for the night. It was great talking with you all and I always love talking a littler Jeremy
Old 12-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Icicle, are they going to move over all the Charloe threads or just start a new one in the couples forum and *gulps* delete all these?

Now that I think about it, aren't there even a few Jeremy/Charlie stories out there? *bug-eyes*

Quote:
Too bad he got killed in S1 before he saw what effect another person on the planet may have had on Bass...bet Jeremy would have seen the Charloe.
Too true Ice -- just imagining what S2 could have been like with Jeremy added in...such a waste!

He would have teased Bass to high heaven...

Quote:
He would have loved the Charloe!! The potential to tease Bass with it? Would have been wonderful!
OK ladies, it's been fun but I'm gonna have to get off of here for the night. It was great talking with you all and I always love talking a littler Jeremy
Jeremy could have had a really interesting interaction/relationship with Charlie, so he would have definitely picked up on all those looks they exchanged and totally used it against them.

Night Randi -- Thanks for joining in!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hey Icicle, are they going to move over all the Charloe threads or just start a new one in the couples forum and *gulps* delete all these?

Now that I think about it, aren't there even a few Jeremy/Charlie stories out there? *bug-eyes*

Too true Ice -- just imagining what S2 could have been like with Jeremy added in...such a waste!

He would have teased Bass to high heaven...

Jeremy could have had a really interesting interaction/relationship with Charlie, so he would have definitely picked up on all those looks they exchanged and totally used it against them.

Night Randi -- Thanks for joining in!
No, there will be a new thread in the couples board...I think we lose all of these...I'm going through to pull off some of the things we might need in the future, like your list of discussion topics and the songs you sent me. I hate that all these posts will be lost. We had 10 threads dedicated to Charloe.

And there may be Charlie/Jeremy stories, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know...I like Jeremy, but not with Charlie. I'm kinda a one ship sort of girl. Charloe is the only thing I read...

And yeah, more Jeremy would have made for a neat S2. I think Jeremy definitely would have picked up on the vibe between Charlie and Bass and he most certainly would have called Bass on it.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry, I got a phone call. We'll probably be calling it a night soon though...us nightowls!

Quote:
No, there will be a new thread in the couples board...I think we lose all of these...I'm going through to pull off some of the things we might need in the future, like your list of discussion topics and the songs you sent me. I hate that all these posts will be lost. We had 10 threads dedicated to Charloe.

And there may be Charlie/Jeremy stories, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know...I like Jeremy, but not with Charlie. I'm kinda a one ship sort of girl. Charloe is the only thing I read...

And yeah, more Jeremy would have made for a neat S2. I think Jeremy definitely would have picked up on the vibe between Charlie and Bass and he most certainly would have called Bass on it.
We lose all the Charloe threads?! I thought we might. Ten threads dedicated to Charloe goodness deleted -- that's a travesty...

Are we sure they can't move the threads over? They moved forums for Revolution entirely. I know it would probably be a lot of work, but maybe worth asking. Where would one go about inquiring? I just hate to see all the Charloe discussion lost.

Should we C/P the BC stuff to add to the website? I know there's a section on it dealing with BC and it would be a shame to completely lose all of it.

I might have read one of the Charlie/Jeremy stories just because I thought it was such an odd pairing (there are only a couple of them that I know of), but I've read so much Rev fiction, some of it (especially the non-Charloe stuff) starts to run together in my head. Charloe is my OTP and pretty much comprises about 95% of the Rev fic that I read. The odd Marlie and CM2 fic do sneak in though.

Jeremy really would have improved S2. He could have been a bridge between Miloe to help them repair their friendship and likely would have given Miles some crap for being a lousy friend. He could have provided humor and snark and flashbacks to the formation of the Republic and its early days. His perspective on Miles leaving would have been very interesting, as we only got to see that from Neville. His interaction with Charlie and even Aaron would have been fun to watch. Also, even though I don't much like her character, he could have had an intriguing dynamic with Rachel, as they likely knew one another during her captivity in Philly. He'd have some funny things to say about Connor and would have picked up on the reforming the Republic stuff early on and giving Bass hell about it. Really, it's quite sad to think about, as he could have really improved S2!

And yes, teasing Bass about Charlie and picking up on all those Charloe signals...would have been so good! Also might have helped to ease Miles into it...
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Sorry, I got a phone call. We'll probably be calling it a night soon though...us nightowls!

We lose all the Charloe threads?! I thought we might. Ten threads dedicated to Charloe goodness deleted -- that's a travesty...

Are we sure they can't move the threads over? They moved forums for Revolution entirely. I know it would probably be a lot of work, but maybe worth asking. Where would one go about inquiring? I just hate to see all the Charloe discussion lost.

Should we C/P the BC stuff to add to the website? I know there's a section on it dealing with BC and it would be a shame to completely lose all of it.

I might have read one of the Charlie/Jeremy stories just because I thought it was such an odd pairing (there are only a couple of them that I know of), but I've read so much Rev fiction, some of it (especially the non-Charloe stuff) starts to run together in my head. Charloe is my OTP and pretty much comprises about 95% of the Rev fic that I read. The odd Marlie and CM2 fic do sneak in though.

Jeremy really would have improved S2. He could have been a bridge between Miloe to help them repair their friendship and likely would have given Miles some crap for being a lousy friend. He could have provided humor and snark and flashbacks to the formation of the Republic and its early days. His perspective on Miles leaving would have been very interesting, as we only got to see that from Neville. His interaction with Charlie and even Aaron would have been fun to watch. Also, even though I don't much like her character, he could have had an intriguing dynamic with Rachel, as they likely knew one another during her captivity in Philly. He'd have some funny things to say about Connor and would have picked up on the Republic stuff early on. Really, it's quite sad to think about, as he could have really improved S2!
While I think S2 was an improvement over 1, there are still some things I can't believe they didn't try to fix. I really think some of their writers were just bad, their thoughts and ideas just did not work for this show. So yeah, Jeremy could have helped, but they needed some other work too.

I can see about getting all the threads moved over. I'll write to one of the moderators and see. Bass has his own thread here and there's probably some good stuff on that too. I hate that we will lose all that Charloe stuff. I will definitely talk to Lemon about the BC stuff.

And yeah, I'm one of those people that gets into one ship and doesn't let it go or read other ships. And actually, there are shows where I may ship a couple, but I rarely go and seek out the fanfic for them. Only one other couple has pulled me into fanfic and that was a long time ago. So it's pretty much nothing but Charloe for me, so I don't know what other pairings are out there really. Well, I know the obvious ones, but not the obscure ones Though I will tell you that I found some consensual Charlie/Neville (Tom, not Jason) fics out there...and my head nearly exploded...And I only saw those while going through the fanfic for the book club.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
While I think S2 was an improvement over 1, there are still some things I can't believe they didn't try to fix. I really think some of their writers were just bad, their thoughts and ideas just did not work for this show. So yeah, Jeremy could have helped, but they needed some other work too.

I can see about getting all the threads moved over. I'll write to one of the moderators and see. Bass has his own thread here and there's probably some good stuff on that too. I hate that we will lose all that Charloe stuff. I will definitely talk to Lemon about the BC stuff.

And yeah, I'm one of those people that gets into one ship and doesn't let it go or read other ships. And actually, there are shows where I may ship a couple, but I rarely go and seek out the fanfic for them. Only one other couple has pulled me into fanfic and that was a long time ago. So it's pretty much nothing but Charloe for me, so I don't know what other pairings are out there really. Well, I know the obvious ones, but not the obscure ones Though I will tell you that I found some consensual Charlie/Neville (Tom, not Jason) fics out there...and my head nearly exploded...And I only saw those while going through the fanfic for the book club.
I liked the first half of S1 really well, but I think they really dropped the ball in the second half. But then again, I have just as much fondness for S1 Bass as I do S2 Bass, which is one of the reasons I love Chelley's stories so much, as she's one of the only people who writes S1 Charloe. But I love that you've ventured into S1 AU Charloe too -- you're so talented Icicle!

But yes, S2 was better than S1. But it definitely needed a lot of improvement, especially regarding the complete 180s they did on characterization, storyline, and continuity. They desperately needed someone dedicated to maintaining the integrity of plot continuity and stability. There were really too many writers with their fingers on the keyboard and key issues could change episode-to-episode. It was extremely frustrating.

But like the first half of S1, I think the first half of S2 was also better than the second half, until maybe the last couple episodes of the season.

That would be great if you wrote the mods. Would it help if I inquired as well? I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming them and cause annoyance, but I do want them to know how much we love our Charloe threads! If it's at all possible, it would be awesome. Could you drop me a post or email whatever the answer is, as I could help C/P things otherwise! We'll have to get a move on it too...

I'm something of a fanfic nut. At last glance I had over 600 stories favorited on ffnet from dozens of different fandoms. A large portion of them are definitely from Revolution though. I mainly read for Rev fic currently, but I do keep up with several other fandoms as time permits. Harry Potter is one of my other favorites. But Charloe has definitely become my biggest obsession.

Charlie/Neville fanfic?! Now that I've never seen... I would have retched and run in the opposite direction, furiously scrubbing at my eyeballs. Oh the sacrifices you make for our BC Icicle -- we thank you!

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 12-10-2014 at 12:37 AM
Old 12-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I liked the first half of S1 really well, but I think they really dropped the ball in the second half. But then again, I have just as much fondness for S1 Bass as I do S2 Bass, which is one of the reasons I love Chelley's stories so much, as she's one of the only people who writes S1 Charloe. But I love that you've ventured into S1 AU Charloe too -- you're so talented Icicle!

But yes, S2 was better than S1. But it definitely needed a lot of improvement, especially regarding the complete 180s they did on characterization, storyline, and continuity. They desperately needed someone dedicated to maintaining the integrity of plot continuity and stability. There were really too many writers with their fingers on the keyboard and key issues could change episode-to-episode. It was extremely frustrating.

But like the first half of S1, I think the first half of S2 was also better than the second half, until maybe the last couple episodes of the season.

That would be great if you wrote. Would it help if I inquired as well? I don't want to spam them and cause annoyance, but I do want them to know how much we love our Charloe threads!

I'm something of a fanfic nut. At last glance I had over 600 hundred stories favorited on ffnet from dozens of different fandoms. A large portion of them are definitely from Revolution though. I mainly read for Rev fic currently, but I do keep up with several other fandoms as time permits. Harry Potter is one of my other favorites. But Charloe has definitely become my biggest obsession.

Charlie/Neville fanfic?! Now that I've never seen... I would have retched and run in the opposite direction, furiously scrubbing at my eyeballs.
I'll write to the moderator tomorrow and see what she says (She's quite nice), and then let you know if anyone else has to get involved.

As far as the show goes, I agree with everything you just said. And I guess S1 Bass was my transition period. Kind of hated him at first and grew to like him...then he changed in my head from Monroe to Bass. Now I can look back at S1 Bass with a different perspective, so it's hard to remember exactly how I felt about him back then.

And thank you for the compliment. The S1 Bass I'm writing though is really like S2 Bass without ever having turned into General Monroe, so he's a completely different character. I'm going to work on another chapter, but I have to finish my Christmas story first.

And just out of curiousity...do you have a Potter ship or just read the general fanfic...I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but I still never got into the fanfic.

Sorry I kept us up so late. I happen to be off tomorrow, so I'm just sort of up a bit late for tonight.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I hope the mods can move all the Charloe threads to the couples board. Would be awful to lose everything.

I liked Jeremy a lot and was so pissed when they killed him off. I blame the writers for many things but i don´t know if this was their fault this time. The actor had a bigger part in another series (the tomorrow people) so he probably wanted out. Unfortunately this one was cancelled too last season.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
I hope the mods can move all the Charloe threads to the couples board. Would be awful to lose everything.

I liked Jeremy a lot and was so pissed when they killed him off. I blame the writers for many things but i don´t know if this was their fault this time. The actor had a bigger part in another series (the tomorrow people) so he probably wanted out. Unfortunately this one was cancelled too last season.
I really hope they can move all the Charloe threads, as there is too much good stuff in there!

Very good point Skylarc. I really wish they could have written Jeremy a bigger role and kept him on the show, but you're probably right that he wanted off to try the new show. I didn't watch 'Tomorrow People', but really a shame that show got cancelled for the actor, as he's quite talented. But I still hate that they killed Jeremy off, especially in that way.

Quote:
I'll write to the moderator tomorrow and see what she says (She's quite nice), and then let you know if anyone else has to get involved.

As far as the show goes, I agree with everything you just said. And I guess S1 Bass was my transition period. Kind of hated him at first and grew to like him...then he changed in my head from Monroe to Bass. Now I can look back at S1 Bass with a different perspective, so it's hard to remember exactly how I felt about him back then.

And thank you for the compliment. The S1 Bass I'm writing though is really like S2 Bass without ever having turned into General Monroe, so he's a completely different character. I'm going to work on another chapter, but I have to finish my Christmas story first.

And just out of curiousity...do you have a Potter ship or just read the general fanfic...I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but I still never got into the fanfic.

Sorry I kept us up so late. I happen to be off tomorrow, so I'm just sort of up a bit late for tonight.
Thanks for writing her and definitely do let me know what she says and whether or not I need to do anything. I'll check later throughout the day. I'm definitely willing to help C/P stuff or anything else. If we could get the threads moved over, that would be amazing!

It's definitely interesting to look back at S1 after watching S2. It often seems like a different show that just happens to have the same characters/actors, which really speaks to lack of cohesion. I always liked Bass's character, but that could be partly because he's so pretty and I have a bit of a thing for bad boys, haha! But I do think DL is very talented and did an amazing job with the crummy storyline he was given in S1 and the messy, uneven storyline he was given in S2.

I really like both the stories you have going right now. Your 'Devolution' Bass is great and I enjoyed your latest chapter. I think the way you've framed your 'Dream' Bass, he's like a hybrid of both versions, although more S2 Bass stuck with the trappings of S1 Monroe. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take both stories and especially the promised smut in 'Dream', as I'm a bit shameless when it comes to that, haha!

While I do sometimes enjoy canon pairings, often I like couples that would be considered a bit odd. In general, I have a tendency to really love a particular character (usually a female, go figure), and then reading several different pairings for that character. Usually there's one dominant coupling I like the best, but I can be open to several.

When it comes to HP, my favorite character is Hermione. I do not like Ron-the-character all that much and especially dislike the pairing of the two of them together (sorry if you do!), so I'll read Hermione centric fic with several other romantic entanglements for her. My favorite is probably Draco/Hermione, but I also really like Harry/Hermione, Sirius/Hermione, and the odd Other-Slytherin/Hermione or Anyone-but-Ron/Hermione combinations. Although I do draw the line at pairings like Dumbledore/Hermione. *gags* I do also really enjoy Luna's character as I think she's lovely. I don't like Ginny, as I find her to be a Mary Sue, but again that's just my opinion.

Is there any pairing for HP you like or think you might enjoy? Who's your favorite character?

And I don't mind being up late, although I'll have to go to bed at some point. I'm quite used to it anyway. I sleep very strange hours and usually only about 3 hours a night. I'm up late quite frequently, as I have to conduct a lot of oversea interviews and spend a great deal of time writing and doing research. It's one of the reasons I don't post a ton of fanfic, as I get burned out on all of it. So, I'm used to being up late.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I really hope they can move all the Charloe threads, as there is too much good stuff in there!

Very good point Skylarc. I really wish they could have written Jeremy a bigger role and kept him on the show, but you're probably right that he wanted off to try the new show. I didn't watch 'Tomorrow People', but really a shame that show got cancelled for the actor, as he's quite talented. But I still hate that they killed Jeremy off, especially in that way.

Thanks for writing her and definitely do let me know what she says and whether or not I need to do anything. I'll check later throughout the day. I'm definitely willing to help C/P stuff or anything else. If we could get the threads moved over, that would be amazing!

It's definitely interesting to look back at S1 after watching S2. It often seems like a different show that just happens to have the same characters/actors, which really speaks to lack of cohesion. I always liked Bass's character, but that could be partly because he's so pretty and I have a bit of a thing for bad boys, haha! But I do think DL is very talented and did an amazing job with the crummy storyline he was given in S1 and the messy, uneven storyline he was given in S2.

I really like both the stories you have going right now. Your 'Devolution' Bass is great and I enjoyed your latest chapter. I think the way you've framed your 'Dream' Bass, he's like a hybrid of both versions, although more S2 Bass stuck with the trappings of S1 Monroe. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take both stories and especially the promised smut in 'Dream', as I'm a bit shameless when it comes to that, haha!

While I do sometimes enjoy canon pairings, often I like couples that would be considered a bit odd. In general, I have a tendency to really love a particular character (usually a female, go figure), and then reading several different pairings for that character. Usually there's one dominant coupling I like the best, but I can be open to several.

When it comes to HP, my favorite character is Hermione. I do not like Ron-the-character all that much and especially dislike the pairing of the two of them together (sorry if you do!), so I'll read Hermione centric fic with several other romantic entanglements for her. My favorite is probably Draco/Hermione, but I also really like Harry/Hermione, Sirius/Hermione, and the odd Other-Slytherin/Hermione or Anyone-but-Ron/Hermione combinations. Although I do draw the line at pairings like Dumbledore/Hermione. *gags* I do also really enjoy Luna's character as I think she's lovely. I don't like Ginny, as I find her to be a Mary Sue, but again that's just my opinion.

Is there any pairing for HP you like or think you might enjoy? Who's your favorite character?

And I don't mind being up late, although I'll have to go to bed at some point. I'm quite used to it anyway. I sleep very strange hours and usually only about 3 hours a night. I'm up late quite frequently, as I have to conduct a lot of oversea interviews and spend a great deal of time writing and doing research. It's one of the reasons I don't post a ton of fanfic, as I get burned out on all of it. So, I'm used to being up late.
Thessie, you're right about the show feeling totally different from S1 to S2...it's almost like watching American Horror Story...same actors, different plot every year, but that show is set up like that. Revo wanted to fic its issues, I think, but created different ones when they tried to do the fix. And some things were so wrong from the beginning. For example, how can a show have absolutely no clear cut timelline. Revo's is all over the place and most of us have differing opinions on who is what age and what year this or that battle took place. Did no one think to iron that out...maybe write up a timeline or something?

As far as Bass's character...I think I like S2 because I love an anti-hero, a kinda rough guy with a heart of gold. Yeah, I'm a sucker for that guy even more than the bad boys. Let's blame Han Solo from my youth

As far as HP, I think I just sort of accept canon pairings cause I don't read fanfic for it. But based solely on the chemistry between actors, I would have been far more into a Harry/Hermione ship. But I just thought Emma and Dan had far more chemistry than her and Rupert (there's that old actor chemistry again). I mean, when she was writing the books, she can put anyone with anyone, but once you get actors involved...everything changes.

But mainly I'm just a fan of the whole Harry Potter world Rowling created. I was at the theme park in Florida and seriously, I was like a 10 year old kid. Now I have to go back since they added more to the park.

So probably heading to sleep in the next ten minutes...suddenly getting tired...after all this time

Hey, I'll keep you posted on what the moderator says. Hopefully we can save it all.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Good night Icicle! Another fun night of BC and discussion. Do let me know what you find out from the mod as I'll definitely help out.

Quote:
Thessie, you're right about the show feeling totally different from S1 to S2...it's almost like watching American Horror Story...same actors, different plot every year, but that show is set up like that. Revo wanted to fic its issues, I think, but created different ones when they tried to do the fix. And some things were so wrong from the beginning. For example, how can a show have absolutely no clear cut timelline. Revo's is all over the place and most of us have differing opinions on who is what age and what year this or that battle took place. Did no one think to iron that out...maybe write up a timeline or something?

As far as Bass's character...I think I like S2 because I love an anti-hero, a kinda rough guy with a heart of gold. Yeah, I'm a sucker for that guy even more than the bad boys. Let's blame Han Solo from my youth

As far as HP, I think I just sort of accept canon pairings cause I don't read fanfic for it. But based solely on the chemistry between actors, I would have been far more into a Harry/Hermione ship. But I just thought Emma and Dan had far more chemistry than her and Rupert (there's that old actor chemistry again). I mean, when she was writing the books, she can put anyone with anyone, but once you get actors involved...everything changes.

But mainly I'm just a fan of the whole Harry Potter world Rowling created. I was at the theme park in Florida and seriously, I was like a 10 year old kid. Now I have to go back since they added more to the park.

So probably heading to sleep in the next ten minutes...suddenly getting tired...after all this time

Hey, I'll keep you posted on what the moderator says. Hopefully we can save it all.
I've never watched American Horror Story, but the way you describe it is exactly what S1-S2 Revolution felt like. They did try to address some of the issues, but IMO, they really made the continuity/plot aspect a lot worse. And the timeline...OMG...don't get me started! It made absolutely no sense. Those writers...

Well, maybe S2 Bass has a slight edge because that's when the Charloe really started to pop, lol. Oh I'm torn...I do like both versions. I think I'll just stick with liking both. Han Solo held no sway over me as a youth, as alas I did not watch the Star Wars movies until about 5 years ago. I was one of the last holdouts in the world it seems. I fell for them bigtime then, and even read the occasional fanfic, but it took me awhile to get around to the movies.

As for HP, I would have preferred she settle on no pairings for the trio, just letting the audience make it up in their head. Obviously as the writer she can do what she wants, but still I just NEVER thought Ron and Hermione worked when I read the books. Just no. I thought Harry/Hermione a much better fit than Ron/Hermione in both the books and movies and thought the actor chemistry was quite good.

It's completely aweworthy what JK Rowling created. I'm so jealous you've been to the HP world in Florida. I used to live in Florida years ago and I miss it a ton!