Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Even though I love their relationship and how Quentin told Donna the truth at the end of the episode, I wonder by doing that is she now in danger.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

I was always reluctant to believe Quentin was in the grave because I Felt it was the easiest choice. However, I felt this episode presented the choice of either Donna or Quentin pretty well. Plus I could see Donna. Dying really affected Felicity enough for the outburst she had and it could explain the lack of ring for me. When you add William lie plus stress of moms death it might end up being to much for her.

Anyway, Donna and Quentin so cute tonight. I loved them. I felt for them then was happy when they made up. Plus Laurel wanting to get to know Donna just
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think this episode convinced me more that it was Donna in the grave. I mean the conversation she had with Felicity about the day Oliver and Felicity have children of their own and just everything in that conversation showed no safe zone. Also, Quentin thought telling Donna the truth would get her in danger and now she has the truth...

I loved them as well, they are so different and it's probably why it works.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

I'd have to rewatch but "Oliver will be an amazing father" scene just felt like foreshadowing for william to me but since I was so fixated on that lie coming out I might have missed other implications. This show does love double meanings.

I could see how it foreshadows the possibility of Donna not being around to see that life she might have with Oliver.

Plus Quentin and Donna being so cute. We know this show doesn't like people to stay happy.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 02-20-2016 at 12:23 PM
Old 02-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Add me please.

Last edited by Japril; 02-19-2016 at 02:25 PM
Japril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

There's no way it's Donna who dies- she's not a big enough character for all this hype, it's not a Jewish grave, Oliver wouldn't need a moment alone at Donna's grave while Felicity waits elsewhere (wheelchair or not though it's looking like she could be healed in the flash forward), Oliver would be way more concerned about Felicity if it was Donna, Felicity wouldn't have been able to hold it together like that if it was her mother, she'd be so much more distraught and falling apart not worrying about vengeance and I think regardless of their relationship status I think she'd just want Oliver to comfort her if it was her mother, something like your mother dying would make all tension fall away at least for the time being. Also Barry didn't stick around to see Felicity he was only there to see Oliver and then he left after being very concerned with Oliver's wellbeing and didn't stop to check on Felicity's. Nothing about the flash forwards fits it being Donna at all imo. And I don't think the daddy reference in any way indicated her not being around, she was just singing Oliver and Olicity's praises and foreshadowing the William stuff and probably future Olicity babies. Plus Papa Smoak will return at some point and I'm sure they want Donna around for that. They especially aren't going to kill her before we have a chance to see her and Papa Smoak meet again.

Also Lance is just way way way too obvious at this point. Now DD has actually tried to kill him. I just don't think they are going to kill off such an obvious predictable choice. No shock or buzz there.

But anyway Quentin and Donna were so sweet last night! I loved their stuff! Loved Felicity helping them find their way back to each other too! Much SmoakNLance cuteness last night!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japril (View Post)
Add me please.
Ill add you now hun.

IBELIEVE - I thought the same thing about Donna not being prominent enough. The same way i feel about why William or Samantha isn't in the grave but they have been boosting her screen time. I just think last night they were foreshadowing things or driving home points. Pretty much like the have for several characters in episodes here and there. I think they are really trying to make us believe everybody is possible.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I do think in terms of the regulars they are trying to make everyone seem possible for the grave except Oliver but I havent seen any anvils with Donna that suggest she could be someone the writers would like to think has died. Plus its not a Jewish grave, its not even Donnas home town to be buried in to begin with and if 4x18 is correct in being the death episode Donna isnt in it I think the increased screen time is just because the writers love Charlotte knows the audience loves her knows she provides comic relief to an episode and are potentially testing her out for regular status. And to be honest the girl can act and I would be down for her to be a regular, even though I would probably prefer Lyla to be given regular status first as I think she provides more story oppurtunity.

I think if there was any foreshadowing with Lance and Donna it was for the Olicity storyline not the grave so much. Quentin and Donna were basically a micro mirror version of what will be Oliver and Felicitys story for the rest of the season. Quentin lied to Donna about something rather important, they broke up, she was broken hearted and it dredged up old wounds from her husband, eventually Quentin came clean and Donna understood that despite the lie he was a good man and she understood that he lie to her for a good reason and that they need each other. Felicity also gave her advice on sometimes you have to have faith in someone.

While Oliver and Felicity are in way more committed relationship and their issues will be way more complex and wont be resolved in one episode I think the course of the journey will be familiar in the eventually Felicity will understand why Oliver lied to her and that he had a good reason and thats that he wanted to be a good father to his son and she will take a leap of faith in their relationship.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Ill add you now hun.

IBELIEVE - I thought the same thing about Donna not being prominent enough. The same way i feel about why William or Samantha isn't in the grave but they have been boosting her screen time. I just think last night they were foreshadowing things or driving home points. Pretty much like the have for several characters in episodes here and there. I think they are really trying to make us believe everybody is possible.
Absolutely agree with you Every new episode makes one wonder about more characters. I didn't change my mind about that person being Quentin or Lyla so... all we have received are "mistaken" hints and it's hard to have a solid theory about who is in the grave.

Quentin and Donna were really cute, also it was nice to see Laurel and Felicity helping their parents with their relationship. I guess Laurel already knows Donna but a dinner with the couple would be very interesting to see.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Old 08-01-2016, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

will they still enjoy each oters company or? so many questions.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Well did they leave town together at the end of last season? Hell i can't even remember now.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

^Yes, I believe that's what happened

I don't have the same feelings about this couple as I did in the past. The whole "don't lie to me" plot was a bit frustrating for me
Old 08-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

What do we want for Quentin and Donna next season?
Old 08-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Well since it seems like they may hit a rough patch, probably because of CR's availability. I hope they can get through it. I think Lance is really going to need her having no job and still dealing with the pain of his loss. So hopefully they'll get CR back soon and we can see Donna helping Lance through this. But in her absence it would be cool to see some moments with him and Felicity. Even without Donna around, Felicity could help them with their relationship and maybe remind him he has reasons to live and fight through he darkness. It might take a little while but hopefully we will get some good SmoaknLance stuff this season.

I don't mean this disrespectfully but I do enjoy seeing how right I was about the grave, lol. Just because for once I figured out what what they were doing. Well not all by myself of course but I was on the right train, lol. I chose right and saw it unfold pretty much how I thought it would more or less. It just feels good to get a theory right and to have understood their writing really well is all.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread