Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

klaus bit her and stabbed her and stefan didn'tI fight with sterolines a lot.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ I get that. I kind of thought the same thing after season four when Klaus left. I thought that I would be fine with Steroline if Klaroline wasn't an option...but then TPTB went there with Steroline and I realized I didn't like it so much. It will be interesting to see how you feel about them.

Yeah! They are always going to be one of my favorite OTPs.

Legacies isn't really on my watch list at this time. There's only a slim chance that I might change my mind and watch it. I feel the same way. All I wanted was for both of them to survive the shows. I only got half of my wish.
I think I'll probably feel the same way... I really liked the friendship between Stefan and Caroline, and I fear that a romantic relationship between them could ruin that. Also, even though I multi-ship I don't think I could ship either Klaus nor Caroline with someone else as much as I do Klaroline

I think they are my only OTP of the show

I probably will only watch Legacies if there is a major participation of Caroline unless I really like Hope from TO (which I'm not really thinking it will be very likely to make me want to watch a show focusing on her)
I would love if they had had a happy or at the very least with a good hope that they could get together, but having Klaus die does seem appropriate for the character's development, and considering that Caroline did go to him did give us a sort of good closure. I think I would be pissed off if they had given Klaus a happy ending without Caroline whatsoever.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Even when I have an OTP on my hands, I try to be open to other love connections for those characters. It just doesn't happen. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on romantic!Steroline if/when you do get a chance to catch up.

They've held the number one spot on my list of ships/OTPs since April 2012, and no other ship has even come close.

Yup, Caroline's appearance would do it for me too. Yeah. I know you're right about Klaus' death being appropriate for his character's development, but it still bugs me sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
considering that Caroline did go to him did give us a sort of good closure. I think I would be pissed off if they had given Klaus a happy ending without Caroline whatsoever.
This! ^ If the show had ended the way it did, and Caroline hadn't at the very least dropped by to see Klaus, it would have pissed me off too. The fact that he spent his last day with her and they got to say goodbye is a comfort to my poor shattered shipper heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmafightsellie (View Post)
klaus bit her and stabbed her and stefan didn'tI fight with sterolines a lot.
I get that. Klaus biting Caroline was definitely my least favorite thing about their journey.

Last edited by rocky845; 11-17-2020 at 06:22 AM
Old 11-17-2020, 07:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

so the things klaus did to caroline what do you guys think?
Old 11-17-2020, 06:55 PM
Moderator Manager

I didn't like that he asked Tyler to bite Caroline... now that came sort of out of nowhere, even though he did explain that he was doing that to get back at Stefan (I think)
As for Klaus biting Caroline, they all (including her) tried to kill him a lot of times, and they had just murdered Kol and she was sort of taunting/provoking him... not that it was justifiable but it's not like she was all that innocent there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ Even when I have an OTP on my hands, I try to be open to other love connections for those characters. It just doesn't happen. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on romantic!Steroline if/when you do get a chance to catch up.

They've held the number one spot on my list of ships/OTPs since April 2012, and no other ship has even come close.

Yup, Caroline's appearance would do it for me too. Yeah. I know you're right about Klaus' death being appropriate for his character's development, but it still bugs me sometimes.

This! ^ If the show had ended the way it did, and Caroline hadn't at the very least dropped by to see Klaus, it would have pissed me off too. The fact that he spent his last day with her and they got to say goodbye is a comfort to my poor shattered shipper heart.

I get that. Klaus biting Caroline was definitely my least favorite thing about their journey.
Same to me I try not to shut out the possibility of enjoying other couples, even if it's not as strong as my main choice. I promise you'll be the first to know
In a way, I have a feeling I'll be much more open to the idea of Caroline with another character, than Klaus with another character

They had so much chemistry and their story always left us with a taste of wanting a bit more, so IMO it's the type of great ship to have when there is too much canon there just don't have all the possibilities anymore (I know I'm weird, but I always prefer when they are not really really happy until the very end)

It's totally understandable... we wanted a happy ending for Klaus in the end, specially since he probably got some redemption in TO... not to mention Caroline sort of showing that they could've been something The possibilities there were endless
As for Caroline, it does seem a bit weird that she just abandoned her kids, doesn't it? Or maybe there is a reason why she is not around, but still, doesn't really sound like her to leave her teenager daughters for so long

I was surprised that she made appearances in more than just the final episode Good to know that the writers actually tried to make them have good scenes and a more emotional connection towards the end of TO
Old 12-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

you should definitely watch the last two seasons and TO.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I plan to try to watch all of TVD and TO now that they are over
Granted I imagine that I've seen most (or all) Klaroline scenes because of fanvids
Old 12-07-2020, 07:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmafightsellie (View Post)
you should definitely watch the last two seasons and TO.
so I see you don't like elena?
Old 12-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Moderator Manager

I don't hate Elena... I just didn't really care about how everything just revolved around her in some storylines and how the love triangle between her, Damon and Stefan got prolonged for so long.

My favorite characters in TVD in order is Caroline, Klaus, Stefan and Rebekah (have in mind that I did drop TVD back in season 5)
Old 12-10-2020, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I didn't like that he asked Tyler to bite Caroline... now that came sort of out of nowhere, even though he did explain that he was doing that to get back at Stefan (I think)
As for Klaus biting Caroline, they all (including her) tried to kill him a lot of times, and they had just murdered Kol and she was sort of taunting/provoking him... not that it was justifiable but it's not like she was all that innocent there.

I promise you'll be the first to know
In a way, I have a feeling I'll be much more open to the idea of Caroline with another character, than Klaus with another character

They had so much chemistry and their story always left us with a taste of wanting a bit more, so IMO it's the type of great ship to have when there is too much canon there just don't have all the possibilities anymore (I know I'm weird, but I always prefer when they are not really really happy until the very end)

It's totally understandable... we wanted a happy ending for Klaus in the end, specially since he probably got some redemption in TO... not to mention Caroline sort of showing that they could've been something The possibilities there were endless
As for Caroline, it does seem a bit weird that she just abandoned her kids, doesn't it? Or maybe there is a reason why she is not around, but still, doesn't really sound like her to leave her teenager daughters for so long

I was surprised that she made appearances in more than just the final episode Good to know that the writers actually tried to make them have good scenes and a more emotional connection towards the end of TO
Yeah. Now that I think about it, that part doesn't quite connect for me either.

Oh, yeah. That's true. It seemed like maybe Caroline thought that she could push him without fearing that he would retaliate. Clearly she was wrong.

I look forward to it.

It was the same with me. I definitely felt some shippy vibes between Caroline and a few of the other characters TPTB had her interact with, but with Klaus, I didn't feel those same kind of vibes as strongly.

The part in bold -- yes to all!

That's it! I wanted both of them to have a happy ending. I wanted to have the chance to write my own ending for them, especially if TPTB decided not to make them endgame. I wanted that possibility. It makes me sad that that didn't happen. I've been living in the world of fanfiction and my own head canons since the series finale. I've imagined so many scenarios where they both survived and they found each other 'one day, in a year, or even in a century', and they got their chance to be each other's forever loves.

I agree. It doesn't sound in-character for Caroline to leave her daughters for so long.

I know! I didn't expect that TPTB would give us quite so many quality moments in season five. Those season five moments/episodes are the reason I got my hopes up that my wish would come true that they would have an open ending with the possibility for me to imagine a post-series finale endgame for them.

Last edited by rocky845; 12-10-2020 at 02:17 AM
Old 12-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I do remember that at first I was upset that Klaus had done it, but after watching that episode again I came to the conclusion that he had his reasons to be ticked off.
Goes to show that Caroline knew that she had Klaus wrapped around her little finger (just like Stefan mentioned to her during prom) But it made sense that Klaus retaliated because he does have a temper

IDK if it's because she is my favorite character, but Caroline did have chemistry with pretty much everybody she interacted with The difference being that with Klaus he was probably the first one (maybe only) that really put her first and was interested in her first and add that to the chemistry and it was impossible not to ship them

We love to ship, but we like our angst

Ohh any recommends of good fanfics? I don't usually read them, but who knows, I might give them a chance.
I might be an optimistic (probably because I really thought that TPTB wouldn't even give us a Klaroline reunion once TVD finished), but the interactions they both had in TO sort of gave me the canon endgame even with Klaus dying in the end... it was a bittersweet ending. Of course that they actually having a chance at being a real couple and achieving happiness would be the perfect ending for us shipper

Hopefully the writers of Legacy will have a very good reason as to why she is away
Old 12-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't hate Elena... I just didn't really care about how everything just revolved around her in some storylines and how the love triangle between her, Damon and Stefan got prolonged for so long.

My favorite characters in TVD in order is Caroline, Klaus, Stefan and Rebekah (have in mind that I did drop TVD back in season 5)
oh you should continue. You'll lov 7.14 a good ep for us Klaroline stans. Sterolines are always calling us toxic cause we wanted leah pipes to get cancer. and candice hates klaroine sterolines keep telling me and they always put anti kc on their accounts. see the klarolines say stefan will always love elena more, but sterolines say she doesn't love klaus. she loves stefan he didnt mean to hurt her. klaus stabbed and bit her.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, 7x14 was a great appetizer for Klaroline's presence on The Originals. It only made us so excited to watch their first proper moment on the show.

Quote:
^ I do remember that at first I was upset that Klaus had done it, but after watching that episode again I came to the conclusion that he had his reasons to be ticked off.
Goes to show that Caroline knew that she had Klaus wrapped around her little finger (just like Stefan mentioned to her during prom) But it made sense that Klaus retaliated because he does have a temper

IDK if it's because she is my favorite character, but Caroline did have chemistry with pretty much everybody she interacted with The difference being that with Klaus he was probably the first one (maybe only) that really put her first and was interested in her first and add that to the chemistry and it was impossible not to ship them

We love to ship, but we like our angst

Ohh any recommends of good fanfics? I don't usually read them, but who knows, I might give them a chance.
I might be an optimistic (probably because I really thought that TPTB wouldn't even give us a Klaroline reunion once TVD finished), but the interactions they both had in TO sort of gave me the canon endgame even with Klaus dying in the end... it was a bittersweet ending. Of course that they actually having a chance at being a real couple and achieving happiness would be the perfect ending for us shipper

Hopefully the writers of Legacy will have a very good reason as to why she is away
I know what you mean. I really loved that Klaus hadn't retaliated against Caroline, even though she had tricked, insulted and betrayed him in their previous interactions. He kept his emotions in check for the most part in those interactions, and he got over those betrayals somehow, because he had feelings for her and he wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her better. In that interaction in the Gilbert living room though, he was already dealing with so many emotions all at the same time (fury, frustratation, and grief). Caroline piling on him when he was barely keeping it together was only going to end in one way.

Exactly. I think Caroline probably thought that past performance would guarantee future results (i.e. he didn't retaliate in their previous interactions when she spoke freely with him/gave him some hard truths, so he wasn't going to retaliate if she did it again in that living room). Caroline let down her guard and she found out why Klaus was the bad guy for a thousand years.

I thought the same thing about Caroline/Candice's chemistry with the other characters/her castmates. =) The part in bold -- yes to all! You nailed it! That is why I was drawn to them and have shipped them since the first time I saw them together almost nine years ago.

Yes, that is us.

Oh, I've mostly been reading drabbles. I do have a long list of fanfictions that I'm slowly making my way through. I will most definitely post any recommendations when I do find a quality AU fanfiction where they both survived their series finales.

I felt the same way. I thought the letter in the series finale of The Vampire Diaries was going to be the last we would see of Klaroline, and that Alaric's that is the beginning of another story wasn't going to have any followthrough, so we would have to come up wth our own closure for them. Imagine my joy and excitement when I found out that TPTB were actually going to give us some great shippy moments with them on The Originals. I agree. The perfect ending would have been Klaus and Caroline off exploring the world together, but the ending we did get with Caroline showing up to collect on Klaus' promise to show her New Orleans was the next best thing. Even though our endgame wish didn't happen, I'm happy with the moments we got with them and I'm thankful for the amazing friends and fellow shippers I found.

I heard ( or maybe I read ) something that explained why Caroline has been MIA on Legacies, but I don't know for sure if it's true or a viewer's headcanon.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

he bti her and stabbed her one night stand oh steroliners. waiting for what stefan did to her.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I know that Klaus and Caroline's relationship had more layers than that, so I don't pay attention to other shippers' takes on the ships that I love. I always think about all the reasons that I got hooked on Klaus/Caroline as a ship, why I loved them even though there was little hope that TPTB would actually make them a couple, and why I still love them even after all these years.

Last edited by rocky845; 03-04-2021 at 05:47 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread