Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2017, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I'm also curious how the film ends since that Infinity War teaser showed him falling onto the Guardians spaceship. Even Thor meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy has me hyped
Just in case might want put that under spoilers.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok when I went to see Spider-Man: Homecoming, and all I can say is that Cate Blanchett looked sexy as hell in that Hela outfit.

Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Yep, I fully expect to see Dakota Fanning cast as the Egyptian goddess Isis in a movie one day.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't say I thought Cate looked sexy. Or got the part right. She was one of the big letdowns of the trailer for me.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I saw the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok when I went to see Spider-Man: Homecoming, and all I can say is that Cate Blanchett looked sexy as hell in that Hela outfit.

Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Yep, I fully expect to see Dakota Fanning cast as the Egyptian goddess Isis in a movie one day.
There's a theory going around that Hela may be MCU version of Death. In some of the marketing for Hela it said Goddess of Death so maybe the theory is true. I thought she was good in Creed, so I think she'll do great in Ragnarok. Plus Thor&Valkyrie may end up being a better couple than Thor&Jane.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hela is the Asgardian goddess of Death in the Marvel comics. It's as simple as that. That's a different character from the cosmic being Death, which Thanos is devoted to.

I've seen Cate Blanchett in many films, but I can't say I've ever liked any of her performances. The main thing she does onscreen is go around looking like she thinks she's superior to everybody else. It's bloody annoying.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Hela is the Asgardian goddess of Death in the Marvel comics. It's as simple as that. That's a different character from the cosmic being Death, which Thanos is devoted to.
Merge the two characters into one? I could see them doing that.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
There's a theory going around that Hela may be MCU version of Death. In some of the marketing for Hela it said Goddess of Death so maybe the theory is true. I thought she was good in Creed, so I think she'll do great in Ragnarok. Plus Thor&Valkyrie may end up being a better couple than Thor&Jane.
What sum1 said, dragonfire. Hela is the Norse goddess of death, like Hades in Greek mythology. She's not Death incarnate, like the one Thanos worships. That's Lady Death, and she's a totally different character. And I don't see them merging the characters because that would elevate Hela into a much greater cosmic context than her character belongs to.

And I'm sorry, but it's just not appropriate casting to have Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. We're not just talking about a comic book character, we're talking about Brynhildr, a classic character of Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore, and one of the main characters of the Nordic legend, the Völsunga saga, one of the classic Norse legends and the inspiration for Richard Wagner's opera, The Ring of the Nibelung. She's supposed to be white, blonde, and blue eyed for historical and cultural reasons as well as comic canon. PC ruins everything these days. But someone casts Gerard Butler as Set in Gods of Egypt(which I also thought was inappropriate) everyone freaks out and cries cultural appropriation.

Well, I guess it's all a matter of subjective opinion, sum1. I've always had a thing for Cate Blanchett.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What sum1 said, dragonfire. Hela is the Norse goddess of death, like Hades in Greek mythology. She's not Death incarnate, like the one Thanos worships. That's Lady Death, and she's a totally different character. And I don't see them merging the characters because that would elevate Hela into a much greater cosmic context than her character belongs to.
Well for all we know she may be Ragnarok it isn't like they follow the comics to the letter.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well for all we know she may be Ragnarok it isn't like they follow the comics to the letter.
No, but usually not following the comics is done for reasons of necessity, like Hulk's film rights being owned by Universal. I really wish they'd just give them up. It's not like Universal is ever going to make another Hulk movie on their own. But Hela is strictly a Norse goddess who is the ruler of the Asgardian underworld and representative of death, not death itself. Just like Hades is the Olympian ruler of the underworld and their representative of death. It's totally different from being the universal embodiment of Death.

But that aside, Hela just gave me one more reason to lust after Cate Blanchett.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, I guess it's all a matter of subjective opinion, sum1. I've always had a thing for Cate Blanchett.
One of your more eccentric traits.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No, but usually not following the comics is done for reasons of necessity, like Hulk's film rights being owned by Universal. I really wish they'd just give them up. It's not like Universal is ever going to make another Hulk movie on their own. But Hela is strictly a Norse goddess who is the ruler of the Asgardian underworld and representative of death, not death itself. Just like Hades is the Olympian ruler of the underworld and their representative of death. It's totally different from being the universal embodiment of Death.

But that aside, Hela just gave me one more reason to lust after Cate Blanchett.
I don't think they will unless Mickey Mouse brings out the big money. Another thing I think with Universal cheating Walt Disney all them years ago may have caused some bad-blood between Disney/Universai. Well still she could play Death's role in the MCU.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Disney needs to stop holding grudges. But really, an antitrust case needs to be built against them and Star Wars and Marvel taken off of them. Not that I expect that could happen, but I wish.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Disney needs to stop holding grudges. But really, an antitrust case needs to be built against them and Star Wars and Marvel taken off of them. Not that I expect that could happen, but I wish.
It seems this what happened between Walt Disney&Universal. And because of it, it lead to the creation of Mickey Mouse.
Quote:
After Mintz requested new material to distribute through Universal Pictures, Disney and Iwerks created Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, a character Disney wanted to be "peppy, alert, saucy and venturesome, keeping him also neat and trim".
Quote:
In February 1928, Disney hoped to negotiate a larger fee for producing the Oswald series, but found Mintz wanting to reduce the payments. Mintz had also persuaded many of the artists involved to work directly for him, including Harman, Ising, Carman Maxwell and Friz Freleng. Disney also found out that Universal owned the intellectual property rights to Oswald. Mintz threatened to start his own studio and produce the series himself if Disney refused to accept the reductions. Disney declined Mintz's ultimatum and lost most of his animation staff, except Iwerks, who chose to remain with him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_D...0.E2.80.931928
Old 07-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm assuming they'll debut the trailer at SDCC this weekend.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

So it seems in the recent comics Thanos&Hela may be a couple. Is the Mouse foreshadowing stuff in Ragnarok. And I read 2 theories about Hela. 1. She's Loki's Bio Mom. And 2. She's Odin's Sister. I believe she may be both, it would add a emotional storyline, and I think this movie needs a emotional storyline.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top