I love how Clark Gregg always says that Ward is irredeemable

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, he is right.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:08 AM
Extreme Fan

I think most of the cast feel that way except Brett. He still thinks Ward is still part of the group, or something like this. I think he doesn't want to accept that Ward is full on Hydra or a villain, not even after he shot at Coulson and Skye, almost killed Fitzsimmons, Bobbi and May and wanted to kill Hunter, that's seven out of nine main cast members he's actively tried to murder. He hasn't gone after Mack and Lincoln and if Lincoln is really Skye's love interest, it won't be long before he joins the others that Ward has wanted to kill because of his obsession with Skye. Of course he's killed plenty of people since his betrayal was revealed, but that's easy to forget too, I guess.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know why he doesn't get it. You're a villain, accept it. I would say he could have been redeemable if his crimes were stupid minor ones, but he's actively kept trying to kill his old teammates.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, he still says that he is a good guy/hero. And tbh I don't think that he is super evil or anything, but I just can't see how the team will take him back.

I mean, Tom Hiddleston did say a lot of things defending Loki, but he always says that Loki is a villain.

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I prefer Tom's take on Loki than Brett's on Grant Ward, he accepts the reality of the situation and even encourages proper characterization work for Loki unlike Brett.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Every villain thinks he's a hero.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Extreme Fan

That's true, every villain thinks he's a hero in his own mind but the difference between Tom and Brett is that Tom acknowledges that his character is in fact a villain in the story.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brett will go swinging down until the end of the series proclaiming that he is the true hero of the show.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Brett will go swinging down until the end of the series proclaiming that he is the true hero of the show.
Well sorry to say this but that isn't how Disney rolls now its the Heroes are Villains and Villains are Heroes, also the writers already confirmed Skyeward is something that never go away look at OUAT they killed off Neal the good guy so Emma could get with Hook who is a bad guy and he did some pretty bad stuff, Fitz/Simmions would get killed off before Ward does Disney needs there hot guy to get teenage girls to watch the show sorry but that's how Disney sees it.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well sorry to say this but that isn't how Disney rolls now its the Heroes are Villains and Villains are Heroes, also the writers already confirmed Skyeward is something that never go away look at OUAT they killed off Neal the good guy so Emma could get with Hook who is a bad guy and he did some pretty bad stuff, Fitz/Simmions would get killed off before Ward does Disney needs there hot guy to get teenage girls to watch the show sorry but that's how Disney sees it.
I think a part of your statement is true. They do need those teenage fangirls but thank God this show doesn't pander to "ships" like OUAT does, it's not dependent on teenage fangirls unlike other comic book shows. They did kill Neal to push Hook on to Emma but the story is far more important on AoS than whether or not Skyeward is popular (I personally hate it). The writers are not writing for Skyeward, they are writing for Marvel and whatever Marvel wants (MCU world building). If it was about Skyeward, season 2 would have played out differently. And the show does care as much for Fitz and Simmons as you say they care about Ward. You only have to see the reception of Iain to the stage during SDCC, no way Disney/Marvel is ignorant of this, that's why they are in the Marvel SHIELD comic. AoS is appreciative of its fans but they don't let fans dictate stories, hence Ward is turned more evil in season three, building up on what they wrote for him on previous seasons. Ward has a greater chance of being killed off than those two. Because Ward is not as relevant to the writers as you make him, they are more closer to the end of his story than Fitz or Simmons and considering what happened to poor Jemma at the end of SOS, there's more story line potential with her than Ward.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
I think a part of your statement is true. They do need those teenage fangirls but thank God this show doesn't pander to "ships" like OUAT does, it's not dependent on teenage fangirls unlike other comic book shows. They did kill Neal to push Hook on to Emma but the story is far more important on AoS than whether or not Skyeward is popular (I personally hate it). The writers are not writing for Skyeward, they are writing for Marvel and whatever Marvel wants (MCU world building). If it was about Skyeward, season 2 would have played out differently. And the show does care as much for Fitz and Simmons as you say they care about Ward. You only have to see the reception of Iain to the stage during SDCC, no way Disney/Marvel is ignorant of this, that's why they are in the Marvel SHIELD comic. AoS is appreciative of its fans but they don't let fans dictate stories, hence Ward is turned more evil in season three, building up on what they wrote for him on previous seasons. Ward has a greater chance of being killed off than those two. Because Ward is not as relevant to the writers as you make him, they are more closer to the end of his story than Fitz or Simmons and considering what happened to poor Jemma at the end of SOS, there's more story line potential with her than Ward.
Well I think Skyeward may take a back seat for a while and let Fitz and Simmons take the spot light and be the writers punching bag, the show airs on ABC which Disney owns believe me Ward could kill thousands of people and Disney wouldn't even care hot guy= teenage girls watching= ratings=money to Disney that's all that matters. Ward is like the Hook of this show they will tease you thinking he will die but in the end he won't because he's the hot guy.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

He's not even that hot lol.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well I think Skyeward may take a back seat for a while and let Fitz and Simmons take the spot light and be the writers punching bag, the show airs on ABC which Disney owns believe me Ward could kill thousands of people and Disney wouldn't even care hot guy= teenage girls watching= ratings=money to Disney that's all that matters. Ward is like the Hook of this show they will tease you thinking he will die but in the end he won't because he's the hot guy.
Your reasoning is flawed. This isn't CW. And if you're basing your assumptions on Hook from OUAT, he's just one case, and as I said that show is shipping heavy something that AoS isn't. The cast has talked about Ward practically crossing the point of no return (except for Brett) Not even Chloe herself believes in Skyeward outright anymore based on her recent interviews and I think it's largely because the writers aren't writing romance stories, they are writing stories about spies, mixed in with supernatural alien mythology and how these people deal with it and each other. Skye has move away from Ward. The only actual romance was between Bobbi and Hunter and that little bit of FitzSimmons at the end.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-11-2015 at 10:48 AM
Old 07-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Your reasoning is flawed. This isn't CW. And if you're basing your assumptions on Hook from OUAT, he's just one case, and as I said that show is shipping heavy something that AoS isn't. The cast has talked about Ward practically crossing the point of no return (except for Brett) Not even Chloe herself believes in Skyeward outright anymore based on her recent interviews and I think it's largely because the writers aren't writing romance stories, they are writing stories about spies, mixed in with supernatural alien mythology and how these people deal with it and each other. Skye has move away from Ward. The only actual romance was between Bobbi and Hunter and that little bit of FitzSimmons at the end.
Well to be honest I think AOS may be canceled because the fans wants Phil back into MCU movies but not the kids, also in USM Phil dated Aunt May someone brought up what if Phil dates Aunt May in the movies? I can see Phil doing that as a cover up to watch over Peter and see if he can recruit him to the team, under Fury's orders. I rather have Phil back in the movies than the TV show.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top