Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan Speak Out Amid James Gunn Fallout; Petition To Rehire ‘Guardians’ Director Gains Steam
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Total Fan

^ Those tweets are sweet, especially Sean Gunn's. People these days are quick to judge, without doing their own research into both sides of a situation, acting like redemption and forgiveness don't exist. Gunn has been repentant for his actions, unlike the misogynist who dug up the tweets just to discredit him in retaliation for attacking Trump.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Which that's why I wouldn't wish on any celebrities who have social media, but that was so danger that anyone can go after you..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:13 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

After knowing a bit more about the tweets being brought up by a pro Trump person and that Disney knew about Gunn's tweets when they hired him makes me think he shouldn't of been fired. It sounds like he was targeted and Disney is being cowardly about it, especially if they knew about this years ago so why is it a problem now? WTF?
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
After knowing a bit more about the tweets being brought up by a pro Trump person and that Disney knew about Gunn's tweets when they hired him makes me think he shouldn't of been fired. It sounds like he was targeted and Disney is being cowardly about it, especially if they knew about this years ago so why is it a problem now? WTF?
is that what happened? i also think now with soical media and the metoo movement and everything else people can get judge very very quickly
Old 07-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yup, but honestly, Disney knew about it bec he have mentioned about it and he did apologized it, so Disney just cover their face to let him go ..

is that what you want?

Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess this means Chris Evans better shut up too since he's been very critical of Trump and Disney has the support of Pro-Trump idiots. But maybe they'll let it slide for him since he's on his way out anyway.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't think that have to do political that Disney don't care about as long it's their right to talk about..

is that what you want?

Old 07-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think it also depands on what they say I dont think chris has even stepped over the line .

Why is Disney pro trump ??
Old 07-29-2018, 09:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Disney isn't pro trump.. I mean, if they are, they wouldn't allow to hire POC and stuff like that.. I dunno where you get that info that they are..

is that what you want?

Old 07-29-2018, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

The CEO of Disney is definitely a Democrat, but the Disney company has supported Republican candidates in the past and present. I don't think they are Pro-Trump, but they let a Pro-Trump guy push their hand in firing Gunn.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Disney did fire Roseanne, and as for firing Gunn? Disney is a family-friendly brand/company, and Gunn's offensive tweets left them no choice but to fire him. If they didn't they would've gotten major backlash, and damage the brand/company's name.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's getting so political these days.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

JG deleted over 10,000 tweets from his account, wow. i have no doubt Disney knew of all his old baggage before they hired him, but decided to give him a chance anyway. it seems rather disingenuous of them not to support him, given their prior knowledge of his oddities of career choices, but i guess in this era of extreme polarization of both the leftwing nutjobs and the rightwing/alt.right nutjobs, there is no middle ground of compromise anymore. sad. very sad only.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
prattprattprattAlthough I don’t support James Gunn’s inappropriate jokes from years ago, he is a good man. I’d personally love to see him reinstated as director of Volume 3. If you please, read the following statement- signed by our entire cast.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top