Does anybody remember when I put a missile
through a portal, in New York City? We were standing
right under it. We’re the Avengers, we can bust weapons
dealers the whole doo-da-day, but how do we cope with
something like that? Together.

Source: dracomartell

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 05-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'll repost the articles that I wrote about the Avengers and Age of Ultron in the Inscriber mag in case you didn't see them.

I read the article about Ant Man. I rather see the movie before judging it.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna do the same.

Thanks for the links and info.

Great gjfs.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

For some people, all it takes is one thing to ruin the whole movie.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I read the article about Ant Man. I rather see the movie before judging it.
Me too. I'd rather watch first before criticizing it. The same goes with Fantastic Four.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

The movie should hit a billion soon.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to see the film again, which I plan to do, to get know how I really feel about it. Overall I loved it, but I wasn't a fan of the whole
Spoiler:

Overall List of the MCU as of now (In Order):

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Avengers
Captain America: The First Avengers
Thor
Iron Man 3
Iron Man
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 2

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 05-15-2015 at 11:57 AM Reason: Forgot one Film
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOL, TWS is on the top of my list.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

no need for spolier tags in this thread anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
The movie should hit a billion soon.
Walt Disney Pictures announced Friday that Age of Ultron will cross over into the epic $1 billion club during its 24th day of release, making it the third Marvel Studios’ film to hit that mark following The Avengers and Iron Man 3. As the eighth Disney film to reach this milestone, the company is also on track to see Age of Ultron become the highest grossing domestic film of 2015.

Avengers: Age of Ultron opened internationally on April 22 as the number one debut in every market, and has grossed more than $990 million since its release. (It’s May 12 debut in China of $34 million made it the biggest opening day ever for the company.) The film opened May 1 in the U.S. with $191.3 million, giving it the second-biggest opening weekend of all time (though it wasn’t able to outperform Joss Whedon’s inaugural superhero outing, which still holds the best opening weekend title ever with 207.4 million).

While Age of Ultron continues to dominate internationally, it has currently grossed more than $330 million in the U.S., becoming only the third film – aside from The Avengers and The Dark Knight – to pass the $300 million mark in 10 days.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting the article, Matt!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

once the weekend is over the movie will be the # 1 movie of 2015 surpassing Fast Furious 7 domestic Hey this is why they spend like 250 million to make the movie another 5-10 million in advertisemnt . disney marvel studios know the movie will make a big profit .

Usally the DVD sales are over 50 million ,the Pay cable rights on demand ,merchadise $$$$$ i may see it agian this weekend but no 3d
Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw it twice in IMAX 3D.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
For some people, all it takes is one thing to ruin the whole movie.
It's not really just one thing, it's a lot. And it doesn't just ruin Age of Ultron and Ant-Man for me, it ruins the entire MCU. I don't want to take up too much space, so I'll use spoiler tags:

Spoiler:
Old 05-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Will we have to wait for the next Avengers movie or do we think Captain America: Civil can hit $1 billion too?

Quote:
Box Office: 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Passes $1 Billion Worldwide, How Will Marvel Recover?

Thanks in part $90 million in the first four days of play in China and a whopping $76m this far in South Korea among other markets, Walt Disney's Avengers: Age of Ultron has passed $1 billion worldwide today. It was at $990 million as of yesterday, so it should be passing the magic milestone by the end of this sentence. It is the 21st film to cross the respective box office milestone, doing so in its 24th day of global play. That’s among the faster such dashes, doing the deed slower than Furious 7 (17 days) and the 19 days needed for The Avengers, Avatar, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II. The only questions are whether it hits $425m-450m domestic or $450m-$500m domestic as well as whether or not it can pass the $1.5 billion total of The Avengers (and soon Furious 7). Obviously a big part of that puzzle is how much the film makes in China (and eventually Japan) with the always present caveat being that studios get back less of the ticket sales from China theaters and that international deflation has pushed down the pure dollar grosses for would-be blockbusters. This should pretty much clear up the idea that Avengers: Age of Ultron is in any plausible way damaging either in the short term or the long term to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There are no permanent cracks in this system quite yet and it’s every bit as possible that the next Marvel movies can be great or terrible in relatively equal probability.

To those who didn’t care for it, and with the knowledge that it received plenty of praise from other critics and pundits, the biggest problem with Avengers: Age of Ultron is that it felt unnecessary and counterproductive in terms of the overall Marvel narrative. It ignored or somewhat undercut character development and status quo changes that occurred in Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It told a story (Tony Stark creates a genocidal murder robot) that should have had massive consequences yet was mostly ended on a “no harm, no foul” note. I’d speculate that this was partially due to the fact that (A) Joss Whedon didn’t really want to come back for a second Avengers film and (B) Robert Downey Jr. joining Captain America 3 turned said third Cap movie into the big “status quo shakeup” that Age of Ultron was supposed to be in the first place. It had a director who arguably didn’t want to come back. It was a film that only existed in the long-form story arc because the first one made $1.5 billion worldwide. It had a studio that was eager to move past it and get to the stuff they really wanted to do.

That Avengers: Age of Ultron didn’t work (for me and others who share my frustration) merely means that the Marvel brain trust made a (subjectively) bad movie, not that their entire system is flawed and doomed to fail over the long term. The specific problems with the film itself aren’t likely to be repeated and the issues with the long form narrative can be fixed at any time. Captain America: Civil War is a chance to prove that the artistic squabbles that plagued Age of Ultron was something of a fluke, and that the Marvel machine is still running smoothly with a project that everyone is excited about and where everyone actually wants to be there. Ironically, the thing that hurt Age of Ultron the most is its sense of disposability, which in turn arguably shields the Marvel universe from its relative (artistic) impact. It doesn’t need to exist, which also means we can choose to ignore it if we so please. But its issues are not flaws in the design. They are merely issues made by specific artists and marketing executives in relation to this specific film and how it was released.

Kevin Feige and company can make the choice to stop reviving dead characters. They can stop threatening the entire world in a giant mid-air battle at the end of every new movie. They can stop inserting scenes that exist only to sell future movies. They can stop telling everyone who will be back in the next few Marvel movies before the present one comes out. They can hold off on announcing the long term plans until after the would-be event movie drops thus negating any suspense and tension from the narrative. They can stop making statements promising that nothing will ever get too dire in the Marvel Universe. The things that currently plague the Marvel Universe, to the extent that their would-be formula for production and marketing needs to be “fixed” in light of obvious successes, are specific choices that can be adhered to or altered on each individual film as the producers and filmmakers see fit.

As much fun as it was to attend that big Phase 3 announcement event back in October, Marvel did drop four years’ worth of upcoming releases on us at one time. Comparatively, when The Avengers came out, all we knew was that there would be a next chapter for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America and that Loki would certainly survive The Avengers. It wasn’t until that year’s Comic Con that we got titles for Captain America 2, Thor 2, a teaser for Iron Man 3, and a firm announcement of Guardians of the Galaxy. How much more suspenseful would Avengers: Age of Ultron have been had we known nothing concrete about the future Marvel movies beyond Ant Man, a theoretical Captain America 3 and Thor 3, and (when the time came) the new Spider-Man movie news? It’s a rhetorical question, but when critics and pundits complain about how the future Marvel movies lessen the suspense/tension of the current Marvel movie they are speaking to a marketing problem as opposed to an artistic one.

The powers-that-be at Marvel and Disney can make the choice at any moment to stop doing the things we all complain about in Marvel movies. They could give us more center-of-focus female characters beyond just Black Widow as well, but that’s another conversation. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is doing just fine, give or take a few bumps in the road. And frankly the biggest insurance policy against audience fatigue, which admittedly might negate my complaint about over-sharing future plans, is the fact that this story has a clear end in sight. I have no idea what Marvel is planning after Avengers: Infinity Wars part II, but we all know that there is an end to all of this. Even if some of us start to get comparatively burned out over the Phase 3 stuff, we’ll mostly all be there for the end just to see how the final battle with Thanos plays out. Despite all of the hand-wringing and despite all of the think pieces, Avengers: Age of Ultron is going to be one of the biggest-grossing movies of all-time here and abroad. My issues with the film aside, that has to count as a pretty big win.