Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 12:53 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Whew, sour grapes. Anyway, I haven't been spoiled. Just like with IW last year and this year with Endgame, I'm staying the hell away from certain websites and comments lol. It sucks to get things spoiled, it feels so good to see things for the first time. For instance, I would of been pissed if I was spoiled about Liz's father in Spiderman Homecoming. That was such a great and brilliant twist and reveal. I'm seeing this tomorrow, I can't wait so see how powerful she is and why Thanos if f...ed (going by a tweet lmao) Especially to see the post credit scenes, it's obvious one will tie into Endgame but I can't wait to see it regardless.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh my god that twist I would of hated that spoiler
Old 03-09-2019, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i have thousands of comic books, between Marvel, DC, Valiant, Kitchen Sink Press, Dark Horse Comics, Image (early only) and others, so i am a comic fan too, but i also understand not everything translates well to a film and series narrative, much less a widely varied audience that may or may not pay to see your comics-based/inspired films. compromise and adaptation take many forms. it's the nature of the showbiz beast.
Yes to all of this. Everything won't work on the screen that is happening in the comics. And the MCU has done one hell of a good job doing so many amazing movies.

I never read a superhero comics, but I know a little what happened from my brother and I gotta say that the changes they have done in MCU is more in my taste. And Captain Marvel is another great movie and deserves the love it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Whew, sour grapes. Anyway, I haven't been spoiled. Just like with IW last year and this year with Endgame, I'm staying the hell away from certain websites and comments lol. It sucks to get things spoiled, it feels so good to see things for the first time. For instance, I would of been pissed if I was spoiled about Liz's father in Spiderman Homecoming. That was such a great and brilliant twist and reveal. I'm seeing this tomorrow, I can't wait so see how powerful she is and why Thanos if f...ed (going by a tweet lmao) Especially to see the post credit scenes, it's obvious one will tie into Endgame but I can't wait to see it regardless.
Enjoy the movie and I hope you will like the post credit scenes.

I was annoyed by the people who walked out after the first one. I thought "Why are you leaving? There is probably another on at the end!" and it was another scene that they missed.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 03-09-2019, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually quite enjoyed it
lots of humor and twist I didn't see coming

great to see origins of how things came to be

liked seeing end of credits scene

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah I don't know why people leave it marvel how do you not know to stay back???

Ps brie adorable

Old 03-09-2019, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, people should know by now that you stay until the end.

Me and my wild boy
Old 03-09-2019, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i have thousands of comic books, between Marvel, DC, Valiant, Kitchen Sink Press, Dark Horse Comics, Image (early only) and others, so i am a comic fan too, but i also understand not everything translates well to a film and series narrative, much less a widely varied audience that may or may not pay to see your comics-based/inspired films. compromise and adaptation take many forms. it's the nature of the showbiz beast.
And you also know that everything you just said is complete bull. The changes made have absolutely nothing to do with what translates best to the screen because if that were true we wouldn't have so many different variations on the same damn story. May I remind you that Dark Phoenix is essentially a do-over that is trying to be more faithful to the X-Men comics than The Last Stand was? So please spare me the cop-out apologies for Hollywood ineptitude.

You know perfectly well that the changes made have absolutely nothing to do with what is possible in adaptation or the audience, and everything to do with the personal biases and politics of the studios and filmmakers themselves, which is why Zack Snyder screwed up the DCEU. Hollywood is making these movies for no one but themselves, as they are completely clueless about who or what the audience is outside of the borders of Los Angeles. This isn't about storytelling or entertainment, just their own agenda, as Hollywood doesn't know anything about comic books nor do they care about them or people who love them.

And as if desecrating Mar-Vell wasn't bad enough, they further the desecration of Janet Van Dyne by taking away her naming the Avengers and giving it to Carol. Seriously? Does Marvel just hate Janet, the first female Avenger? Screw all of this. And as the only true Marvel fan who knows more about these comics than any of you, I'm the only one qualified to comment critically and analytically anyway.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
LPX8vA9z6AI
That was a cute and fun video.

Me and my wild boy
Old 03-09-2019, 09:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yess

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Gosh, I'm glad that I can able to stay off on social medias, but the worst was on YT since they need to put it on every video in comment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki (View Post)
I was annoyed by the people who walked out after the first one. I thought "Why are you leaving? There is probably another on at the end!" and it was another scene that they missed.
For years, people are watching Marvel, but yet, they still haven't learn.. I mean, I have see that happen in my audience and I was like umm, I'm so sure that there are mid or post credit..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

awww i really like the Brie n puppies video!

CM is currently at $188mil worldwide boxoffice, with $127mil International and $61mil USA. (Tuesday - Friday numbers)

source: boxofficemojo.com

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave

Last edited by Jen's Herald; 03-09-2019 at 12:30 PM Reason: added source
Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)

For years, people are watching Marvel, but yet, they still haven't learn.. I mean, I have see that happen in my audience and I was like umm, I'm so sure that there are mid or post credit..
I know, right? I don't get why anyone will leave before it is completely over.

Me and my wild boy
Old 03-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

we always wait through the credits, perfect time for texting/talking that we couldn't during the movie.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I only read about the 2nd post post credit scene . I also went into the film not Reading any reviews or information that would spoil me . I too liked the way The story was told .
Spoiler:
Old 03-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Not one of my favorite MCU films but it was still a good movie. I loved Carol, her friendship and chemistry with Nick Fury, the 90's nods (I miss the 90's so I loved it) the music, I liked Carol's best friend and her daughter, a certain twist I didn't see coming that really elevated the movie IMO, loved Goose, etc. I wish Coulson was shown more but I already suspected he wasn't in it much when he was barely shown in the trailers. Captain Marvel is definitely freaking powerful and I can't wait to see how she is utilized against Thanos. If there is a Captain Marvel 2 I assume it will be like Cap's trilogy. The first was in the past then the rest were in the modern day. I can't wait for Endgame!!!

Oh yeah, I'll never understand why people get up before or after the first after credit scenes, there are usually two now. People have got to know since these films have been coming out since 2008, come on now! The first is the important one and the second is for laughs but still. On YT, I usually don't go down to the comments if it's a comic book movie type video cause some pricks will just spoil things for no reason SMH. I don't get why some people get a thrill over that WTF?
Old 03-10-2019, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Going to see this one again tonight.

Me and my wild boy
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top