Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This movie has desecrated Mar-Vell's memory, along with one of the greatest comic book novels ever written.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Are they mother fing kidding me?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 03-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

here we go again. *sighs*

comics-based/inspired films are made for a widely diverse audience of casuals, superhero fans, action junkies, die-hards, women, men, kids, grandparents, and oh yeah less than casuals...people who never read a comic in their lives. oh the horror!

movies are made for one reason only....money i.e. profits, as many butts in the seats as possible.

all that said, i'm onboard no matter what they do in films, i'm here for the ride! go CapM!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

yep .. So the end credits

Spoiler:
Old 03-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

i haven't seen the film yet, going Sunday with friends but there is a chance now of going tomorrow if their schedule changes back. however, i have been sadly spoiled already on both end credit scenes because of something i clicked on and didn't stop watching. whoops. that said, i agree about them!

Old 03-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
here we go again. *sighs*

comics-based/inspired films are made for a widely diverse audience of casuals, superhero fans, action junkies, die-hards, women, men, kids, grandparents, and oh yeah less than casuals...people who never read a comic in their lives. oh the horror!

And those people who never read comics in their lives have to understand that these movies would not exist if not for the source material, and the source material should be respected. When you change something to this extent, it's simply not that character or story anymore, and when you do that, it's like you're saying that you think there's something broken or wrong with the source material, in which case, why are you even bothering to adapt it? And I'm sorry, but that excuse about "diverse audience" and "people who have never read a comic in their lives" is nonsense. Is there something inherently different about the neurological makeup about us comic book fans that says that non-fans wouldn't understand the material unless it is completely altered? No, there isn't. Iron Man barely changed a thing, yet non-fans loved Iron Man and made it one of the most popular comic book movies ever made. That excuse has always been invalid. If you don't like the material, then steer clear of it. But do not EVER tell those of use who grew up with this material and love these stories and these characters like they are family that we have no right to complain or criticize Hollywood when they screw up, or demand that they do these characters justice. Do... not... ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Spoiler:
This is who Mar-Vell is in the comics. He was Marvel's first cosmic superhero and Carol's love interest, and his death from cancer was one of the most moving and tragic storylines in comic book history... The Death of Captain Marvel.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Iron Man did change on huge aspect of the comics, he revealed his superhero identity immediately. "i am Iron Man!"

in the IR comics, Tony Stark hid his true identity behind his bodyguard suit of armor, Iron Man.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
Iron Man did change on huge aspect of the comics, he revealed his superhero identity immediately. "i am Iron Man!"

in the IR comics, Tony Stark hid his true identity behind his bodyguard suit of armor, Iron Man.
Did they change who Iron Man was? Nope. And no, they didn't change his story, they just took 50 years of comic book history and condensed it into one movie. The movie did have Stark Industries tell the press that Iron Man was Tony's employee and bodyguard, just like in the comics, but then at the press conference they had Tony just come out and admit that he was Iron Man. In the comics, that took decades, but the MCU obviously didn't have that much time. The point is, no, they didn't really change much. I'm the comic book fan, so I know this stuff.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

i have thousands of comic books, between Marvel, DC, Valiant, Kitchen Sink Press, Dark Horse Comics, Image (early only) and others, so i am a comic fan too, but i also understand not everything translates well to a film and series narrative, much less a widely varied audience that may or may not pay to see your comics-based/inspired films. compromise and adaptation take many forms. it's the nature of the showbiz beast.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Not everything have to be exact the same way as the comic book, but go back to the point..

Spoiler:

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 03-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Not everything have to be exact the same way as the comic book, but go back to the point..

Spoiler:
True

Spoiler:
Old 03-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

^
Spoiler:

is that what you want?

Old 03-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
^
Spoiler:
Yeah so true

Spoiler:
Old 03-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

^
Spoiler:

is that what you want?

Old 03-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yess

Spoiler:
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top