Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Lonely Hearts Club - OT Thread #15: Spreading the FEVER!!! Everybody must read!

New thread time and this is a very shameless attempt in getting everyone to read Fever If you look around you'll see quite a few OT threads with similair names
Besides Darkfever the first book is the book of month over at the book board so if you wanna read it, nows the time to join in the discussion with all the new fans

End of advertisement!

It was my sisters birthday party today and I was practically annoyed to death by little 11 year olds screaming

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay for a new thread!

So what exactly is Fever about?...I've never heard of it before.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Summery for the first book:
Quote:
MacKayla Lane’s life is good. She has great friends, a decent job, and a car that breaks down only every other week or so. In other words, she’s your perfectly ordinary twenty-first-century woman. Or so she thinks…until something extraordinary happens.

When her sister is murdered, leaving a single clue to her death–a cryptic message on Mac’s cell phone–Mac journeys to Ireland in search of answers. The quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems, where good and evil wear the same treacherously seductive mask. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae….

As Mac delves deeper into the mystery of her sister’s death, her every move is shadowed by the dark, mysterious Jericho, a man with no past and only mockery for a future. As she begins to close in on the truth, the ruthless Vlane–an alpha Fae who makes sex an addiction for human women–closes in on her. And as the boundary between worlds begins to crumble, Mac’s true mission becomes clear: find the elusive Sinsar Dubh before someone else claims the all-powerful Dark Book–because whoever gets to it first holds nothing less than complete control of the very fabric of both worlds in their hands. . . .

Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

New thread! Thanks for the summary, it actually sounds quite interesting! I'll put it on my to-read list. But I first have to read so many books for uni and then Vampire Diaries.

Btw, I survived my first week back at uni. Things are gonna be so stressful!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow thanks for the summary Sheida! It does sound like a pretty interesting book, might have to check it out.

Anja first weeks back are always the worst because you see all the work that is ahead of you and it can be so overwhelming! Hang in there, you'll get through it!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Aww, hope you find the time to take a few breathers, Anja, don't get too stressed.

I totally need to catch up on my reading. I still need to finish VA and I have a whole other stack I want to get to after. Plus I have a stack of CDs people have given to me since, like 2006, that I've yet to listen to and I really want to get to them soon.

Speaking of music, I have to recommend something. Keep in mind though that I'm a bit of a music elitist (), which means if I'm gushing about this album, it's even floored me and I'm nearly always negative about nearly every artist.
Kathleen Edwards' Asking For Flowers album from 2008. She's an alternative country artist. Now there's popular country(Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, etc) and then there's alternative country(Alison Krause, Ryan Adams, Lucinda Williams), which is serious, credible music. Anyhow Asking for Flowers, her third album, is a heartbreaking masterpiece. It's not that often that I'll say that about all of a person's albums, but each one of hers is worthy. They all feel gritty and rural, and I think they just hit you in the gut, no matter who you are or where your from if you've ever felt an ache, these songs will matter. But anyway, if you dig, say Ryan Adams or Tom Petty, this woman will freaking floor you.

*end of my advertisement*
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But anyway, if you dig, say Ryan Adams or Tom Petty, this woman will freaking floor you.
Umm and if we've never heard of those before? Ill definately put that on my to-download list once I get my fast internet back

The OT thread is officially the 'pimp your own fandom' thread

Cool, Id love to hear your views on the books once you guys read them, the FEVER is spreading all over FF We're hoping to get a board in the special requests poll in ... July, I think

Aww Anja, first weeks are always awful and so are all the weeks after that but good luck hun

Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken|smile (View Post)
Umm and if we've never heard of those before?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Breaks my heart to know that you young-ins ain't be learnin' about music from the olden times. *taps chin thoughtfully* You might know Petty from a cameo he did in Kevin Costner's The Postman and you might know Ryan Adams as Mandy Moore's new husband.

I can almost promise you that they've both had their songs performed on AI, though.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I umm havent seen the Postman *ducks* and I ... know Mandy Moore Ive seen her movies, didnt know she was married though

That last part I might be able to relate to more, where they done this season? Are you guys watching this season? Can I make persuade you nicely to watch this season? You just gotta see Adam

Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Passionate Fan

I only watch AI during auditions for comedy purposes. I don't really get the rest of the show when the actual performances start up. I don't know why that is, but I tend to tune out once people are selected.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the auditions, they're absoloutely hilarious, but I love the actual group too, especially this year, they all just seem so close and they have some really interesting and talented singers ... like ADAM

Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Maybe I'll tune in to see what's going on this season

Does anyone got any plans this weekend?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
you might know Ryan Adams as Mandy Moore's new husband.
...or as that guy who did that really really incredible Oasis-Wonderwall cover.

Sorry, Sheida, I don't think you can get me to watch AI. I'm already head over heels with German Idol, I don't need anymore distraction! I can never watch the auditions, I always get so embarassed for people that I have to turn off the sound.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Ryan Adams is Mandy Moore's husband!? Wow I did not know that at all! I really adore Ryan Adams' music, while I find Mandy Moore a bit eh. I mean I am sure she is a nice enough person I have just never been a big fan of pop music.

How long have they been married?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I havent heard much of Mandys songs but I like her in the movies Ive seen of her, she seems like a nice person
Im gonna have to search for Ryan Adams then cause it seems like everyone knows him