Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 07-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Havok's back... and it looks like he's a Vietnam combatant.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-16-2013 at 02:41 AM
Old 07-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

We Know Who the Secret Characters Are in X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
What kind of presence will the X-Men series have at Comic-Con this week? 20th Century Fox is playing coy about the studio's panel on Saturday, so far announcing only Q&As for X spin-off The Wolverine and the Apes sequel Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, in addition to a "major" surprise. Expect that mysterious sneak to be a look at the currently filming X-Men: Days of Future Past — Vulture has heard that the Bryan Singer–helmed film will be sending over a dozen cast members to San Diego to tease the ambitious sequel, which employs a time-travel story line to merge the original X-Men cast with the young actors from recent prequel X-Men: First Class and is currently set for release in May 2014. What's more, we've learned many of the formerly secret details Fox plans to tout there; if you want to keep your Comic-Con surprises unspoiled, stop reading now.

One of those reveals won't come as a shock to anyone who's been following paparazzi pictures from the Montreal set: Though Singer hasn't yet announced the identity of the villain that Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage will be playing, expect official confirmation on Saturday that Dinklage's baddie is Bolivar Trask, known to comic-book readers as the creator of the mutant-hunting Sentinel robots. However, what's been unknown till now is that Days of Future Past features another famous X-Men villain, who'll be played by the recently cast Australian actor Josh Helman. When the Wrap broke the news that Helman had joined the production in a major part, fans speculated that he might be playing a young Cyclops, since the actor shares some enviable bone structure with original X actor James Marsden. Not quite: Helman will be playing a young Bill Stryker, the primary antagonist role that was filled by Brian Cox in X2: X-Men United.

Singer may also tease details of the film's plot, which is based on a 1981 comic-book story line authored by Chris Claremont. That version presented a dystopian future ruled by Sentinels, a setting so grim for our heroes that fan-favorite mutant Kitty Pryde sends her consciousness back in time to warn the X-Men, who then try to stop the assassination of a senator that would set in motion the mutant-threatening events to come. In Singer's take, Ellen Page returns as Kitty from the Brett Ratner–directed X-Men: The Last Stand, but this time she uses her powers to send Hugh Jackman's Wolverine back into the past, where he encounters the younger mutants played by James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender. However, something bad happens to Kitty during the time-travel trance, and while Wolverine is still under her spell, the other X-Men must race to find a mutant who can siphon Kitty's powers and bring their friend back to the future. Could that be the plot development that brings Anna Paquin's power-copying Rogue into the fold once again?

Expect more details as soon as Comic-Con begins in full this Thursday.
Kitty's powers don't work like this, so either there's some missing info here, or the folks at the Vulture aren't interpreting the info they do have correctly. It's probably a combination of the two.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

ohhhhh

I think Im going to the event here with Bryan Singer so if you have any question help me out here

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Ummmm...

The program seemed to suggest a fairly broad focus. A good question to ask might be about whether he is ever frustrated by how often and easily genre cinema is dismissed as empty or lightweight, particularly in light of the deeper social and political themes of the X-Men movies that he's been involved with.
Or maybe you could ask about how difficult it is keeping everything straight whilst shooting a film that takes place in multiple locations, and timelines.

Or ask him how difficult it is to keep a focus on actors and performance, while dealing with the logistics of making the kind of huge movies he's often been involved with.

Or you could get geeky specific, and ask whether Alex Summers is Scott Summers' little brother in the movie-verse, and how that could possibly be. And if he's not his brother, then are they related at all in the movies. Is this something he plans to address in Days'? Does he even think it needs addressing? Is it better off left alone?

Finally: Matthew Vaughan made the stylistic choice to echo Terrence young and Guy Hamilton's work on the Bond movies of the 60's, has he approached the 70's sequences in Days' with a similar bent? Is there an Alan J. Pakula All the Presidents Men tonality maybe, or perhaps something related to the genre movies of the era; Logans Run etc.

... anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

ok I wont remember any of those

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Just pick one!

... or maybe something simpler like; This is the fourth film you'll be involved with, what is it that keeps bringing you back to the X-Men?

2013 Comic-Con Preview: From Amazing Spider-Man 2 to X-Men: Days of Future Past, 6 Can't-Miss Movie Panels

X-Men: Days of Future Past: While no castmembers have yet to be confirmed, we're guessing loads of fan favorites will be present, given the large cast for the highly-anticipated follow-up to First Class, including Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart and many more. Also: Long live McFassy! Saturday at 4:15 p.m. in Hall H.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-16-2013 at 11:05 PM
Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
ok I wont remember any of those
that's why there are printers. or screenshot it on your phone, anything
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

Thought of another one!

Very simple!

Are there any other X-Men stories that you'd like to adapt after Day's of Future Past?

Here's Hugh Jackman confirming Days of Future Past post credit tease in The Wolverine...

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-17-2013 at 05:54 AM
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Hugh Jackman shares his excitement about The Wolverine from the UK Premiere, and receives a special message from X-men: Days of Future Past director, Bryan Singer...

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

so now we have to watch that movie to see that??? Oh man

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

I was seeing The Wolverine anyway. Cause you know... Wolverine!!
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

you tell us then what's it about

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

It's about two hours long.

Sorry!

Um... well it's set after X-Men 3, and Wolverine it seems is very much feeling the weight of all the years of loss that his near immortality has brought him. He seems particularly to be dwelling on the death of Jean Grey by his own hand.

At his lowest point a woman, Yukio, finds him and asks that he come with her to Japan. Her employer, a man named Shingen is dying. But before he dies he wishes to repay a dept he owes Logan for saving his life in the final days of the second World War.

Logan agrees to accompany Yukio, and is quickly drawn into the murky Japanese underworld and a plot to rob him of his immortality. Something he might not be too disappointed to be rid of.

Note: Some of this is conjecture. The movie is essentially an adaptation of Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's Wolverine mini series from the 1980's, but some elements, like Wolverine having saved Shingen during the war, or Shingen's desire to obtain Wolverine's healing factor are unique to the movie.

It looks like essentially being an action/adventure western (despite it's geographic location), with a neo-noir palate, and a splicing of superhero DNA. There's also a love story at the centre between Logan and Shingen's granddaughter Mariko, with the promise too of some deeper character exploration.

... all that being said, you don't HAVE to watch it. The Days of Future Past bit is really only a tease at the very end of the movie, otherwise it has little to do with Bryan Singer's massive Mutant extravaganza for 2014.

Speaking of Days', here's it's and The Wolverine's producer speaking about which group of actors might move forward in a potential sequel, the original 2000 X-Men cast or 2011's X-Men: First Class ensemble?

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-18-2013 at 02:35 AM
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

SDCC '13: X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Display

TRASK INDUSTRIES

This is exciting the hell out of me

Looks like Bryan won't be there though...

#sadface
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-18-2013 at 02:14 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread