~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

interesting !!!!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

Here's Hugh talking about Days', The Wolverine, and playing the character for the seventh (and probably not the last) time...

Hugh Jackman Gets A Blast From The Past In 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past'
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-12-2013 at 11:08 PM
Old 07-12-2013, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

and I think you did
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 07-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
and I think you did
I didn't think I did. I was going to but then I decided to leave it a while longer. I must have changed something, though ...??

Anyway...

Tons of X-Men news today...

... also...

Looks like FOX are gearing up to expand their X-Franchise with an X-Force movie.
'Kick-Ass 2' Filmmaker Tackling Fox's 'X-Force' (Exclusive)

X-Force spun out of Marvel's New Mutants series in the 90's, when the X-Books were at the height of their popularity.

Horrible book, quite frankly, but it had a solid premise. What would a more militant X-Men look like? How would they operate?

In my opinion this is a premise that is being far better handled, and exceedingly better written today in the form of Brian Bendis's Uncanny X-Men. But that's beside the point. This would certainly confirm what was already evident from their hiring of Mark Millar as a creative consultant: FOX intend on turning their X-Men properties into a film universe to rival MARVEL'S.

It's unlikely Jennifer's Mystique will feature much beyond any potential third 'First Class' movie (though never say never) but I thought this might be of interest to some of you guys. Not least of which because one of X-Force's earliest members was a young Mutant named Sam Guthrie (also called Cannonball). Sam's a Kentucky native, and onetime coal miner, and I think Josh Hutcherson would be damn near perfect casting for the role.

... and for the Montreal natives here about (that's you Hannah)...

Quote:

RATED “X”: A NIGHT WITH BRYAN SINGER

“There’s no point in making films unless you intend to show us something special, otherwise just go out and watch a play.” So said leading fantasy filmmaker Bryan Singer, enlightening us with his cinematic manifesto. The New York-born Singer has certainly delivered “something special” during a career that has reinvented the modern superhero film and exposed both the darkest and brightest aspects of humanity. In a Fantasia first, you will meet the man himself in person, in a special evening of superbeings, superstars and one super filmmaker — Bryan Singer. Fantasia’s free presentation (an approximately 60-minute discussion between Singer, moderator Tony Timpone and the audience) will culminate with still-wet-from-the-lab footage from next summer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST just for you!

Weaned on genre films at a young age (his favourite movie, Spielberg’s JAWS) and a graduate of USC film school, Singer set the movie world ablaze with his Oscar-winning crime flick THE USUAL SUSPECTS in 1995. After helming the disturbing Stephen King adaptation APT PUPIL in 1998, Singer found his forte in the years that followed with the action-packed superhero adventure movies X-MEN, X2 and SUPERMAN RETURNS, his serious approach to the four-colour comics paving the way for WATCHMEN and the DARK KNIGHT trilogy that came later. These weren’t your granddady’s brand of comic-book escapism. Singer’s epic films had surprising subtext, genuine emotion and a political subversion that surprised both hardcore fans and highbrow critics alike. Likewise, we bought—and rooted for—Tom Cruise as a Nazi(!) in Singer’s underrated 2008 WWII thriller VALKYRIE, and this year’s eye-popping JACK THE GIANT SLAYER gussied up the Ray Harryhausen pictures that inspired Singer as a kid. Now director Singer and X-MEN: FIRST CLASS screenwriters Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman (this is wrong, Simon Kinberg is the credited screenwriter on DAYS') are bringing the legendary John Byrne/Chris Claremont Marvel comics storyline X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST to the big screen for the ultimate X-MEN adventure, uniting incarnations of the series’ past and present heroes and villains for a time-tripping adventure of unimaginable scope, excitement and thrills. Be the first on your block to see scenes from next [May's] FX extravaganza, and better yet, ask Singer yourself about how this master craftsman makes his movie magic! (Presentation in English)

Free admission!

source: RATED “X”: A NIGHT WITH BRYAN SINGER

August 5 • 9:30 PM
I'm guessing the footage will be the same as will be shown at SDCC next week.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-12-2013 at 02:28 PM
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

OH YEAAAAAH thats sounds cool!!!

and Josh as that guy??YES PLEASEEEE

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Well, we don't know that Cannonball will feature. I'm just sayin' if he does, Josh is the man for it.

I hope he does too. Sam's one of my favourite's. He's just a good guy. Southern gentleman.

Comic-Con: Fox Bringing 'The Wolverine,' 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'

Quote:
The invite for the studio's press conferences also teases a surprise panel and promises "something major." There's speculation that X-Men: Days of Future Past will be the big surprise. The film hits theaters in May 2014.
FOX Comic-Con Panel: The Wolverine, Dawn Of Planet Of The Apes, & X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Quote:
X-Men: Days Of Future Past – This film is being teased as a surprise, but X-Men: Days Of Future Past director Bryan Singer has already confirmed that he will be at Comic-Con. We’re hearing that pretty much the entire massive cast of the film will be present for an Avengers style introduction. There are also rumors that the first footage from the film will be shown.

While there won’t be a major presentation, it’s also rumored that the X-Force movie will be officially announced, likely for a summer 2015 release date.
It's quite possible that there won't be a Day's of Future Past Panel as such. That is to say no Q&A with the cast. They'll just be brought up on stage. Introduced as such. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling.

Anyway, there'll be a Q&A at the Hunger Games panel I'm sure. We'll get lots of Jen goodies there.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-13-2013 at 12:47 AM
Old 07-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

ohhhh I like that

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Well, we don't know that Cannonball will feature. I'm just sayin' if he does, Josh is the man for it.
hopefully they'll think so
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

and Bryan is going to direct that movie???

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Jeff Wadlow (Kick Ass 2), is currently penning the script with an eye towards directing. My hope is that Bryan either goes on and directs a third 'First Class' flick, or an X-Men 4. But we'll see what happens...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

as long as they cast Joshie

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. We don't even know what X-Force is yet...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Closed Thread   Post New Thread