Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
I think that was called the flock of seagulls. hairstyle.
Yeah, that dude was the lead singer of the new wave band Flock of Seagulls. Here he is today. Like the new hairstyle?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yeah. The 80's were a weird time back then.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 03-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Jfc eyebrows are important.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 03-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-4-Life (View Post)
Jfc eyebrows are important.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworshipper (View Post)
Yeah, that dude was the lead singer of the new wave band Flock of Seagulls. Here he is today. Like the new hairstyle?
Be careful how much product you use, Kids.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 03-11-2015, 12:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

“Joy,” a blockbuster film with Robert DeNiro and Bradley Cooper in the cast, dropped with a solid thunk on Boston Street Tuesday with filmmakers converting the former Johnnie’s Foodmaster store into Kmart.

Police officers and film crew workers kept the Johnnie’s parking lot off limits all the way up to McDonald’s and filled the lot with movie making equipment and more than 200 crew and cast members.

“Joy” is the story of inventor entrepreneur Joy Mangano, starring Jennifer Lawrence, and the four generations of family history that led to her founding billion dollar corporation Ingenious Designs.

Production location scout Jason McCauley said the “Joy” crew is shooting in the Greater Boston area until May. He said Lynn is an attractive location for shooting 1980s-era scenes with Johnnie’s exterior easily converting into a 30-year-old Kmart.

“Lynn, like other smaller cities outside Boston, has a classic look with older structures that is hard to get. It is appealing and pretty rare,” McCauley said.

The film is one of two productions underway in Lynn with crew representing “Broad Squad,” an ABC Studios and Kapital Entertainment production, scouting local sites to tell the fictionalized story of the first four female officers to join the Boston Police Department in 1978.

“Joy” — which is also being filmed under the working title “Kay’s Baptism” — drew its share of onlookers to Boston Street, even though Lynn has become a minor film capital with gangster movie, “Black Mass,” taking over sections of the city last summer.

“A lot of different movies are made in Lynn. I think it’s great,” said Dolores Boyd.

Boyd and fellow Lynn resident Carla Boynton ate lunch and watched crew members use a lift to raise a screen roughly the size of a small backyard into position above the parking lot. The crew had already placed a Kmart sign atop Johnnie’s.

McCauley said “Joy” is scheduled to enter movie theaters by Christmas. Other cast members include Virginia Madsen and Isabella Rossellini. Lynn resident Margarita Rijo called the production “good for the city” and said the cast and crew will spend money locally.

Rijo and her friend, Dina Mejia, wouldn’t mind taking their own shot at getting in front of the camera.

“We would be robbers,” joked Mejia.
Lynn takes another star turn - Itemlive.com: News
Old 03-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Little update.

Thanks, sara.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 03-11-2015, 04:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

What is the purpose of this? Prevent snow falling into view? Provide screening from the sun?
Old 03-11-2015, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyknights (View Post)
What is the purpose of this? Prevent snow falling into view? Provide screening from the sun?
It's so they can control the light. Often on location shoots, the sun's in the wrong position. Depending on how the cinematographer is intending to use it, reflectors like this are employed to 'bounce' and redirect light as needed. Those huge ones are usually used to soften the light, but you'll see smaller ones in use as well.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 03-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

David O. Russell brings ‘Joy’ to North Reading site
Quote:
The David O. Russell movie “Joy,” which stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, is filming in North Reading this week. The Hornets Nest Sub Shop told customers via Facebook that the movie “will be filming at the same Winter Street garage on Wednesday through Friday. There will be traffic disruptions but no worries we will get to you if you can’t get to us.” According to the Internet Movie Database, local actress Erica McDermott, who was one of the sisters in Russell’s “The Fighter” and shared screen time with Bradley Cooper in Russell’s “American Hustle,” has joined the cast of “Joy.” McDermott will also appear as Mary Bulger in “Black Mass” later this year.
North Reading sub shop will work around Jennifer Lawrence movie - Names - The Boston Globe

I've also heard jokes about Lynn from other people who live in other parts of Boston.

I see the K-mart part of the script is in the film. And filming until MAY?! I find it funny they say Blockbuster film with Robert DeNiro and Bradley Cooper. But Jen isn't mentioned. Yet the next paragraph is says Joy is so and so starring Jennifer Lawrence.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 03-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Nice. Almost just how i pictured it in the script. So excited for this movie!

Old 03-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Almost just how i pictured it in the script.
Yeah, me too.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 03-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
Yeah, me too.
I'm wondering how close this will be to the original script.

I heard the original script for AH was way different.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I heard the original script for AH was way different.
It was...

Eric Singer's First Draft of American Bulls#!t

Expect significant changes to Joy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Closed Thread   Post New Thread