Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Gracepoint is a TV show, the rest are movies.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I think I've seen a commercial of that show.

something about people missing or something like that?

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Dead child. Small town. Police investigation. Everyone has something to hide.

It's Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad, and David Tennant from Doctor Who.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

ohh yeah that one

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Make it a full blown SLP reunion. Don't forget Chris tucker.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 11-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
Well, Bradley's role is apparently that of a QVC executive, not a love interest.
what is QVC executive?

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

QVC stands for Quality, Value, Convenience. It's the name of the home shopping channel that launched Joy Mangano's Miracle Mop.

Bradley would apparently play one of the channel/network/parent company's executives. Were he to sign on...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
QVC stands for Quality, Value, Convenience. It's the name of the home shopping channel that launched Joy Mangano's Miracle Mop.

Bradley would apparently play one of the channel/network/parent company's executives. Were he to sign on...
ok,thank you

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yeah, it's a shopping network that sells all kinds of stuff on it.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It’s taken a little while to come together—the filmmaker had been a little bit busy with a thing called awards season earlier this year—but David O. Russell and Sony Legacy Records are finally realizing the “American Hustle” soundtrack on vinyl. And as Sony Legacy is known for, the vinyl release is a very pimped out version: two colored LPs with lavish packaging and featuring six new songs not included on the original release (choice cuts by Steely Dan and Todd Rundgren to name a few). The album will be released on record store day in late November, and part of the reason it took so long to come together is that the “American Hustle” director barely took a break after the Oscars in February.

While he didn’t have back to back movies to make and promote—“Silver Linings Playbook” into “American Hustle” left for little breathing room between mid 2011 and early 2014—Russell went straight back into screenwriting. In fact, the prolific filmmaker says he wrote “several screenplays which I plan to direct” in the last few months not the least of which is “Joy,” with tells the story of Miracle Mop inventor Joy Mangano who also struggled as a single mother of three kids before she broke it big.

Russell is building a repertory company of actors he does repeat business with and “Joy” is no different. It’s set to star several of his muses and the core trio from “Silver Linings Playbook”: Jennifer Lawrence is playing the lead role, Robert De Niro is in talks to play her father and Russell says he’s writing a role for Bradley Cooper (“I hope so,” he said optimistically, but cautiously about the latter’s involvement).

“It’s very exciting,” Russell said of the prospect of reuniting this trio again and the fortune to keep working with the same actors and taking their skills in new directions. “It’s a blessing because I can write for them. I can talk to them about the parts. And I can aspire to be worthy of them.”

But the key element on Russell’s mind for “Joy” and moving forward is change. “We can aspire to be worthy of not repeating ourselves in any fashion. To do things that haven’t been seen— that’s what we have to aspire to.” The second half of Russell’s career has been about casting against type. The five leads of “American Hustle” — Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence — could have easily mixed and matched their respective gender roles, but Russell carefully chose each to keep himself and the audience surprised. This is also an approach he hopes to continue in “Joy.”

“I think it creates something that is its own animal that exists on its own,” Russell explained about his casting methodology. “It gives you special pleasures when you find it, like a piece of music that speaks to you because it’s so specific.”

Russell was cagey about talking specifics about the movie, he said he didn’t want to jinx himself (“I don’t want to give away my playbook! That’s just bad luck”), but was somewhat less reluctant to talk about it in the abstract and again stressed how he’s hoping to flip his own script. “It’s set and the ‘80s and ‘90s, but I’m going to take a different approach musically than I’ve ever taken before,” he continues. “I aspire to make an unexpected movie, both for myself and for Jennifer. It’s about a woman… what’s inside her.”

But what about those asking how is a story about the woman who invented the Miracle Mop a movie? This question seemed to challenge Russell a little bit so he gave a little more. “If you go inside someone, it’s another story. If you go inside her and the people around her, and if you go into a different key of storytelling that feels… It’s a departure,” he said hesitantly. “It’s taking risks that we haven’t taken before. This is going to be a very intense emotional and existential look at a woman’s heart and soul as she becomes powerful.”

“It’s going to be quite different,” he added, with a smile.

“Joy” is currently scheduled for Christmas 2015 and will surely be another big contender next award season. The movie shoots early next year and we’ll likely hear some more casting news in the upcoming weeks. More from this interview soon.
David O. Russell Says ‘Joy’ With Jennifer Lawrence Is Goi | The Playlist
Old 11-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that, sara. Very interesting.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Love that it's set in the 80's and 90's. Can't wait to see what she looks like in it.

One of my most anticipated films of next year already along with MJ2.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

new article and all this new info got me excited.already
Old 11-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

It's kind of funny that she did the 70s with American Hustle and Days of Future Past and soon she'll be doing the 80s with Joy and Apocalypse.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread