Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

That's very astute. You're not wrong.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Whatever happens regarding this Mockingjay performance deserving noms but not getting any or not winning any if passing the noms obstacle I'll be really OK especially now that another of my very favorite actress is getting some ... her being Marion Cotillard and her noms (and already some wins) being for The immigrant (for the most part some also being for Deux jours une nuit) ... What a traitor I am

Interesting ... Jennifer made the top 30 potential contenders with Mockingjay part 1 ... :
http://www.awardscircuit.com/oscar-p...-best-actress/
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...

Last edited by Nanours; 12-02-2014 at 03:38 PM
Old 12-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

we need a title

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 12-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Natalie had a lot of nice things to say about Jennifer recently. Maybe something like this:

Quote:
"she’s true to herself and doesn't suffer the bull$#!^ or superficial elements. That’s why people look up to her. She’s a great role model.” - Natalie Dormer
Old 12-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Nailed it!

Two days left to vote for Jen...

FAVORITE MOVIE ACTRESS

FAVORITE ACTION MOVIE ACTRESS
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 12-03-2014 at 06:52 AM
Old 12-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

appreciate!
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
we need a title
Let me think of one.

How about "You guys know me so well. Cool Ranch Doritos How'd you know?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkj13 (View Post)
Natalie had a lot of nice things to say about Jennifer recently. Maybe something like this:
This one is good though.

fantastic pics though Devil!

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

I really think we'd do well to go with mlkj13's suggestion...

Quote:
"she’s true to herself and doesn't suffer the bull$#!^ or superficial elements. That’s why people look up to her. She’s a great role model.” - Natalie Dormer

Jennifer Lawrence Debuts on Hot 100: 'The Hanging Tree' Bows at No. 12

Quote:
The Oscar-winning actress charts her first hit, from 'Mockingjay, Part 1.'

Jennifer Lawrence adds another honor to her already impressive resume: the Academy Award-winning actress scores her first entry on a Billboard chart, as "The Hanging Tree" debuts on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 12.

Listen to Jennifer Lawrence's 'Hunger Games' Ballad 'The Hanging Tree'

The song, released on Republic Records, is billed as James Newton Howard featuring Lawrence. It's from Howard's score to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1, in which Lawrence stars. It opened in theaters on Nov. 21. (The set starts at No. 10 on the Soundtracks chart with 4,000 first-week copies sold, according to Nielsen Entertainment.)

Lawrence recently discussed her unlikely turn as a singer on the Nov. 12 Late Show With David Letterman on CBS. "I do not like singing in front of other people. It's, like, my biggest fear. I cried on set that day," she told Letterman. "That was awful."

Given the song's reception, her fears were unfounded.

The plaintive ballad roars onto the Hot 100 with 88 percent of its chart points from sales. It enters the Digital Songs chart at No. 2 with 200,000 downloads sold in its first week (ending Nov. 30).

The remainder of its points are almost all from streaming (2.1 million U.S. streams, which place the track just outside the 50-position Streaming Songs chart). The song logged a mere eight plays on U.S. radio last week (a shout-out to Pop Songs chart reporter KHKS Dallas, which spun it six times), but Republic is only just now launching it at all radio formats.

"Tree" was written by Suzanne Collins (author of the Hunger Games series of books) and the Lumineers' Jeremiah Fraites and Wesley Schultz. The song is heard in the film first as an a cappella performance by Lawrence (in character as Katniss Everdeen). Later, she's joined by a choir and orchestra.

Lawrence, 24, joins an exclusive list of Academy Award winners who've charted on the Hot 100. She's just the 13th charted performer to win an Oscar in an acting category in the list's 56-year history, joining Julie Andrews, George Burns, Cher, Bing Crosby, Jamie Foxx, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Hudson, Burl Ives, Shirley Jones, Frank Sinatra, Meryl Streep and Barbra Streisand.

Lawrence won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in Silver Linings Playbook in 2013.

Lawrence is the first Academy Award recipient for acting to reach No. 12 on the Hot 100 or higher since Foxx, whose "Blame It" hit No. 2 in 2009. She's the first woman since Cher, whose "Believe" ruled the chart for four weeks in 1999.

"Tree" is additionally the highest-charting Hot 100 hit related to any Hunger Games film (of three so far; the fourth and final movie is scheduled to open in theaters on Nov. 20, 2015). It bests Taylor Swift's "Eyes Open," from The Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 and Beyond, which peaked at No. 19 in 2012.

As for Howard, 63, "Tree" marks his first Hot 100 hit. He's one of the most decorated composers in Hollywood history, having earned eight Oscar nominations. Among his scores: Pretty Woman (1990), The Prince of Tides (1991) and Maleficent (this year), along with the first three Hunger Games movies.

Here's what I'm supposing is an end-of-year piece from MTV. I'm sure most of you aren't interested in revisiting this, but it's positive and celebratory of Jen so I'm posting...

How Jennifer Lawrence’s Response Defined The Nude Photo Hack

Quote:
By weighing in when she did, in the way she did, Jennifer Lawrence took full control of the conversation surrounding the photo leak, and she didn’t disappoint. And as an actress who the public knows and loves not just for her incredible onscreen performances but for her frank, fallible, and entirely human off-screen personality, she was just the person to give the world a reality check about the lines between admiring celebrities and exploiting them. We won’t soon forget this one.
I hope the author's right.

Now, vote for Jen...

FAVORITE MOVIE ACTRESS

FAVORITE ACTION MOVIE ACTRESS
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 12-03-2014 at 04:49 PM
Old 12-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

hey, whatever works.

But great to hear. I would still like to see a interview of her honest reaction to the song and how well it's doing.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
I would still like to see a interview of her honest reaction to the song and how well it's doing.
Yeah, me too.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
Yeah, me too.
Yep! Someone get on that!

Old 12-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

go for it

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
go for it
OKAY! I'll report back later.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Probably something like this

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

if you make a mess i fix it for you

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Closed Thread   Post New Thread