Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Totally agree! they nailed it on the head on all points really.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 11-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

for Mockingjay????

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

wishful thinking
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I don't think anyone's harbouring any hope for these women getting nominated, but it's a valid point.

Though to the argument that there are plenty of strong female roles this year, they do still pale compared to the number of top drawer male roles. In fact, if there were a greater volume of female roles available year on year in what might be called 'traditional' Oscar movies, then this article wouldn't have been written at all. It's possible that some would still be asking the question, 'why isn't Jennifer Lawrence being talked about for Mockingjay?' but it wouldn't be anywhere near as pronounced.

I'm just glad that the question's being asked though. Jen is so good, that entertainment journalists are suggesting the Academy get over its prejudice towards genre films, and nominate her. It won't happen, but how brilliant is that!?
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

thats never gonna happen

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
I don't think anyone's harbouring any hope for these women getting nominated, but it's a valid point.

Though to the argument that there are plenty of strong female roles this year, they do still pale compared to the number of top drawer male roles. In fact, if there were a greater volume of female roles available year on year in what might be called 'traditional' Oscar movies, then this article wouldn't have been written at all. It's possible that some would still be asking the question, 'why isn't Jennifer Lawrence being talked about for Mockingjay?' but it wouldn't be anywhere near as pronounced.

I'm just glad that the question's being asked though. Jen is so good, that entertainment journalists are suggesting the Academy get over its prejudice towards genre films, and nominate her. It won't happen, but how brilliant is that!?
Yes! Time to rally the troops! The voice of the voiceless must be heard!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

If not the Academy (except a miraculous wake-up call srikes them) maybe the Golden globes could do it ... nominating Jennifer meaning ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

not gonna happen

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Maybe for Mockingjay Pt. 2.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

MJ Pt. 2 might have been a possibility, there's a slim chance that the Academy might want to acknowledge Jennifer in her most iconic role, but with Joy getting released this time next year it seems likely that it will garner the awards nods for her, and push The Hunger Games to the sides.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
MJ Pt. 2 might have been a possibility, there's a slim chance that the Academy might want to acknowledge Jennifer in her most iconic role, but either Joy getting released this time next year it seems likely that it will be more likely to garner awards nods for her, and push The Hunger Games to the sides.
So in a twisted kind of way it has to be now or never ... just kidding but ...
Despite being fully conscious it probably won't happen I know I'll have this thought (a possible nom) in the back of my mind 'till the noms are oficially out in January ...
As said before I though have a slightly more confident hope in the Golden globes but even there that would be something quite unexpected ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 12-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanours (View Post)
So in a twisted kind of way it has to be now or never ... just kidding but ...
You're not wrong though. In fact, if Mockingjay had been released whole there's a strong likelyhood that the media would be pushing even harder to get her recognised. But next year, with Joy in the running (presumably), there won't be as much if any drive to shout about MJ.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
MJ Pt. 2 might have been a possibility, there's a slim chance that the Academy might want to acknowledge Jennifer in her most iconic role, but with Joy getting released this time next year it seems likely that it will garner the awards nods for her, and push The Hunger Games to the sides.
Yeah, most likely she get nominated for Joy when MJ2 comes out. Why if there was any change it have to had been this year. But I'm sure Jen's not sweating any of that and being able to take off for Awards seasons til year. But it have been nice at least for a GG nom.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Oh, I'm sure Jen's happy to be away from all the awards hoopla for a bit.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-02-2014, 05:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
You're not wrong though. In fact, if Mockingjay had been released whole there's a strong likelyhood that the media would be pushing even harder to get her recognised. But next year, with Joy in the running (presumably), there won't be as much if any drive to shout about MJ.
I could see if she turns in a great performance in Joy and in MJ2, that could help with her chances to win awards for Joy. Hollywood has a tendency to reward for more then just a singular performance sometimes (or at least that's been a talking point before in previous award seasons).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread