Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Sometimes I'm wondering if Sarah's character was purposely written that way?

Not yet on-board with Tom/Rose but it is expected that by this time they should be closer.
It might be a little strange if they were romantically involved, but I'd prefer Rose for him over Sarah Bunting, don't like her attitude at all, she's just rude, the comment about the memorial really wasn't necessary.

Anyway not long to go before the next one, a shorter episode tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a FANTASTIC second episode! Robert is acting all high and mighty and resentful over Tom's new friendship with Sarah. His sour attitude is doing a better job at making Tom realize how much he doesn't belong in the family than Sarah is! And she made some very valid points that Tom needs to start doing things for himself.

I thoroughly enjoyed that whole scene between the two. Tom was really sweet to her. He clearly is taking her opinions VERY seriously and i couldn't be more pleased. I think this is finally reaching him to strike out and forge his own path instead of following what Robert wants. To be the man who freed Sybil and gave her the confidence to break away. To not always do as the Romans do. That whole scene reminded me of Sybil and what she wants for Tom too. And then Tom defended Sarah's opinions. AGAIN. Bliss! Its everything I could ever ask for! I love it when the story is going exactly the way I imagined it to go!

I'm sure Tom won't go ...too far. He can always find a place in the village for him and Sybbie. And he can certainly still be the estate agent. But hopefully with his confidence returned he'll make a well needed move to a place where he can feel more comfortable to start over. It will be good for him.

And I continue to love Rose's insistence that Sarah be around for Tom's happiness more and more.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Moderator Manager

I feel like we're going to have to ride along with all this Sarah/Tom drama for the rest of the season. For now, Tom (for me) is just there in terms of SL progression.

UGH, they are so perfect.

@CharlieCW:
Ready for the @Great_Run Yorkshire with @Allenleech for @roundaboutsheff #bladerunners

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree, Lindsay, they're adorable!

I'm not worried about Sarah Bunting any more. I'm positive she will be gone soon.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Moderator Manager

I like your positivity Andorra. But does that mean you will stick around for the rest of S6?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I like your positivity Andorra. But does that mean you will stick around for the rest of S6?
Of course I will! With Bunting gone the fun can begin. I'm absolutely positive Allen will stay for S6 and I hope that he will get a REAL love interest a the end of this series.

So of course I will stick around for S6 where I will see Tom happy and in love again!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Moderator Manager

I really do hope that Tom will be given a love life soon. The way that Sarah's written right now, I just see friendship written all over it, nothing more.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I really do hope that Tom will be given a love life soon. The way that Sarah's written right now, I just see friendship written all over it, nothing more.
Here's what Allen has said it in all interviews before the series started.
Spoiler:
Old 10-05-2014, 02:48 AM
Moderator Manager

Regarding that tag:

Spoiler:

Is this new? I can't remember anymore.

Watch Benedict Cumberbatch is new Imitation Game trailer - News - Films - The Independent

Old 10-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love tonight's episode! Tom is seriously thinking about Sarah!! Even if its just friendship this is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! And Mary will support him in his decision to stay or go, that's nice of her.

He's gradually feeling more confident to break those Crawley chains. Chains that have bound him from his real authentic self. The person that Sarah seems to be the only one that is making him see that he needs to be. This is exactly what I've always wanted. I'm so thankful for this storyline. Tom will forever be grateful to Sarah for helping him this way. I still think he'll stick around but maybe this new housing development could be Tom's out! He and Sybbie could live in one of the houses!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Regarding that tag:

Spoiler:

Is this new? I can't remember anymore.

Watch Benedict Cumberbatch is new Imitation Game trailer - News - Films - The Independent
Thanks Lindsay, hadn't seen that one before, looks good doesn't it, I can see the movie and Benedict getting plenty of award noms.

And back to Allen/Tom, I didn't like him talking about moving away from Downton, I'd hate to see another character I like leaving the show.

He and Sybbie moving into one of those houses could be a possibility, it would mean they'd still be around the estate at least, but without Bunting being a part of the picture, I hope.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I love tonight's episode! Tom is seriously thinking about Sarah!! Even if its just friendship this is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! And Mary will support him in his decision to stay or go, that's nice of her.

He's gradually feeling more confident to break those Crawley chains. Chains that have bound him from his real authentic self. The person that Sarah seems to be the only one that is making him see that he needs to be. This is exactly what I've always wanted. I'm so thankful for this storyline. Tom will forever be grateful to Sarah for helping him this way. I still think he'll stick around but maybe this new housing development could be Tom's out! He and Sybbie could live in one of the houses!
I admit I like that she has put steel back in his spine. She lacks a filter but I agree with a lot of her views and so does Tom. He shouldn't have to keep them to himself just because Robert gets butthurt when someone disagrees with him openly.

I think he only likes her as a friend but she has been a good influence this season. I still think she's abrasive, but hey, someone has to make waves.

If he leaves the show after Sybil died to keep him there though? I will be PISSED. At Fellowes and even at Allen if it was his choice. I didn't need to lose my ship and watch my favorite sister die just to keep him hanging around feeling out of place for two seasons....and never find love again. I would have much rather they get sent off happily into the sunset at the end of S3.

So bring on a real romance or I am so out of here.

Lindsey, Allen's interview came out a while ago. And frankly no matter what he said to Mary, I don't think he has romantic feelings for her. If this were a real romance we would have seen them interacting at this point. All we'e seen is her pissing off the family and Tom defending her and himself. It's more of a plot device to show him getting back his spine, IMO. He needed to know that they loved him enough to accept her and his choices even if they don't like her. And IMO she is a proxy for HIM and his opinions. He doesn't know it but I think she is.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
And back to Allen/Tom, I didn't like him talking about moving away from Downton, I'd hate to see another character I like leaving the show.

He and Sybbie moving into one of those houses could be a possibility, it would mean they'd still be around the estate at least, but without Bunting being a part of the picture, I hope.
Yeah I don't like the idea of Tom moving to America or getting it on with Sarah either. Although I may warm to the idea of Tom moving to America only if they end the show already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
I admit I like that she has put steel back in his spine. She lacks a filter but I agree with a lot of her views and so does Tom. He shouldn't have to keep them to himself just because Robert gets butthurt when someone disagrees with him openly.

I think he only likes her as a friend but she has been a good influence this season. I still think she's abrasive, but hey, someone has to make waves.

If he leaves the show after Sybil died to keep him there though? I will be PISSED. At Fellowes and even at Allen if it was his choice. I didn't need to lose my ship and watch my favorite sister die just to keep him hanging around feeling out of place for two seasons....and never find love again. I would have much rather they get sent off happily into the sunset at the end of S3.

So bring on a real romance or I am so out of here.
Lindsey, Allen's interview came out a while ago. And frankly no matter what he said to Mary, I don't think he has romantic feelings for her. If this were a real romance we would have seen them interacting at this point. All we'e seen is her pissing off the family and Tom defending her and himself. It's more of a plot device to show him getting back his spine, IMO. He needed to know that they loved him enough to accept her and his choices even if they don't like her. And IMO she is a proxy for HIM and his opinions. He doesn't know it but I think she is.
I'm not spoiled for the show so that post was before I watched the third ep. But yes, I don't see any romantic feelings yet. The friendship is there for sure, I mean Sarah gets invited to the parties at Downton and she's also friends with Rose. If he's truly interested in Sarah, then I think there should be progression now like there is with Tony/Mary.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Beautiful couples are so perfect.

Downton Abbey's Allen Leech cosies up to stunning girlfriend Charlie Webster at BFI bash | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, it's nice that Allen has a real love life. But right now I want to see Tom get one.