Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patano (View Post)
Spoiler:
Patano. You are equating the church in your country with that in England, which is unique.

You tried to lecture me on the history of my own country. That I find offensive. I'll restrict any spoiler info I have to the spoilers thread in future. Now I'm out of this thread.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

EnglishLady, I've seen also other Catholic churches in other countries than Poland. I don't understand your indignation. I study English, I had a subject called History of England at university. I studied English literature too. I actually know English literature better than Polish. So, if I disagreed with you about English literature, would you find it offensive because I'm not English?

Where did I lecture you because I can't see it? When I was stating certain facts, I only wanted to bring them to the fore. I was aware that you knew them.

You may be right, of course. But they may as well not care and ignore the differences. That's all I'm saying .

I don't see why you should leave this thread. I may never speak about this topic anymore if you think I have no right to do so.

Last edited by Patano; 09-18-2012 at 03:15 PM
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishLady (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijou156 (View Post)
Spoiler:
ITA. That's all I've been trying to say. And Bijou is a Catholic living in England, so I think that we may trust her ?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Some more of the Swagger Brothers (in-law) :

Source
Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm an atheist from Germany and can't tell one church from another, but can I still be added here?
I love this bromance! Great gifs, bijou! I think they had more scenes than any other "couple" in this episode.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishLady (View Post)
Patano. You are equating the church in your country with that in England, which is unique.

You tried to lecture me on the history of my own country. That I find offensive. I'll restrict any spoiler info I have to the spoilers thread in future. Now I'm out of this thread.
I'm going to risk it here, but is an actually quite fascinating historical discussion a reason to not want to visit a thread? Arguing and disagreeing is part of the world and was done in a very respectful manner anyway. If I was going to not visit any place in which someone has ever disagreed with me, I'd have very few places left where I can visit. I actually learned so much from that exhange.

Skipmaus - of course you can! welcome!
"I don't know. It's a mystery."
Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

It's completely undestabdable, so don't worry about it shi fs
The most thing about this forum that I love so much is that we can discuss ANYTHING and no one is unpolite, even if we stick to our opinions

RoseBennett
Old 09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
It's completely undestabdable, so don't worry about it shi fs
The most thing about this forum that I love so much is that we can discuss ANYTHING and no one is unpolite, even if we stick to our opinions
Ditto this
Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

OK. I love this thread and I enjoy posting here as much as anyone else, but I'm going to have to put my mod hat on for this one.

Discussion is good, but please remember to respect everyone's opinion on the board, since we won't always agree with one another. Everyone has a right to their opinions and everyone should respect them.

Also, remember that we need to keep spoilers on this board to a minimum. Remember the Spoiler Rules Reminder!

OK. Mod hat off.

Technical writer hat on.
I think what would be helpful to illustrate your point, EnglishLady, is pictures of what you would consider to be of CoE architecture vs Catholic church architecture. Since you obviously know that there is a difference, some pictures would help to illustrate the difference you are referring to, because as they say a picture says a thousand words.

Technical writer hat off.

Fangirl hat on. (Gosh I have a whole lot of hats today, must be the onset of fall in a few days. )
Wishes: What would you like to see the brothers-in-law to accomplish before the end of S3?

I'd like to see them to support unpopular ideas for one another. I'd like to see them talk about their wives with one another. I'd just like for them to hang out with one another.

Now for some Tom/Matthew love,

source

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 09-19-2012 at 07:16 PM
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipmaus (View Post)
I'm an atheist from Germany and can't tell one church from another, but can I still be added here?
I love this bromance! Great gifs, bijou! I think they had more scenes than any other "couple" in this episode.
Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijou156 (View Post)
Some more of the Swagger Brothers (in-law) :

Source
Instant re-blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Discussion is good, but please remember to respect everyone's opinion on the board, since we won't always agree with one another at times. Everyone has a right to their opinions and everyone should respect them.

Also, remember that we need to keep spoilers on this board to a minimum. Remember the Spoiler Rules Reminder!
Thanks!

Quote:
Fangirl hat on. (Gosh I have a whole lot of hats today, must be the onset of fall in a few days. )
This one I always have on.

Quote:
Wishes: What would you like to see the brothers-in-law to accomplish before the end of S3?
Oh lots. I'm secretly hoping S/T will take M/M as godparents of their unborn child. I still see lots of awkardness for Tom and Matthew helping him out of some sticky situations. I can definitely see Matthew running to Tom now if he has row with Mary. And I'm hoping that he gets invited to those Robert/Matthew cigar moments just to talk.

Oh Sir Anthony.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 09-18-2012 at 10:46 PM
Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I'd like to see them to support unpopular ideas for one another. I'd like to see them talk about their wives with one another. I'd just like for them to hang out with one another.
At the end of the day I think both of them want a very similar way of life and can definitely connect through that.

I thought the conversation they had about how Tom was at dinner about Ireland showed that Matthew was pretty receptive of how invested Tom is in this.
"I don't know. It's a mystery."
Old 09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, they both do not want to let the Crawleys adjust them to the traditional aristocratic way of living. The difference is that Matthew will be Lord Grantham in the future, so some changes for him are imminent. I would love to see Tom supporting him in finding balance between being an aristocrat and being himself

Thank you for all the great gifs!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patano (View Post)
Yes, they both do not want to let the Crawleys adjust them to the traditional aristocratic way of living. The difference is that Matthew will be Lord Grantham in the future, so some changes for him are imminent. I would love to see Tom supporting him in finding balance between being an aristocrat and being himself.
Ditto this. Can I also add that besides being married to the Crawley girls, they are first married to "very high-minded wives."

Source
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

They really have to stick together, otherwise I'm afraid their wives won't loose a battle with them

RoseBennett