Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Matthew Crawley + Tom Branson #1: "If we're mad enough to take on the Crawley girls, we have to stick together"

#1;
matthew crawley & tom branson

friendship thread

One of the highlights of the opening episode of this series was the blooming of this bromance awesomeness. We're going to see a lot of those two! (one would hope). What did you think of those two?

Supporters:

1. Shi
2. Patano
3. confessor_meggy
4. L i N d $ @ y
5. bijou156
6. Tracie76
7. ScarletCourt
8. Beebbop
9. alertthecorgis
10. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
11. Skipmaus
12. baileycat
13. OhMyShipperHeart
14. AllForBeLieving
"I don't know. It's a mystery."

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 12-19-2013 at 07:22 AM
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening. I think we should have a supporters list as well.

I'll help with the graphics probably tomorrow when this episode has settled in for me.

As I've already mentioned, I really love the bromance between these two. Matthew announcing to everyone that Tom is his best man. Tom telling Matthew to take a chance on Mary. These two will have tons of amazing moments in future episodes, no doubt of it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT shi_fs I will be looking forwards to your graphics shi

One of the other highlights of the EP was the blossoming friendship of these twos. The development of their friendship was well written and produced. I think that Matthew's liberal upbringing may have helped him to accept Tom more easily. Tom has always respected Matthew (Fromm s2) I think that Matthew may admire Tom's courage and honesty. What Matthew can easily tell from looking at the Brasons is that they very much in love with each other, happy with each other and treat each other with respect. Matthew understands what's being an outsider in the Crawley family so he can easily understand all what Tom must be going through.

I think that Matthew has to be pleased that he has found someone closer to his age that will know what is like to be married to the "Crawley girls".

I think that Matthew also liked all the honesty and perceptiveness of Tom's , especially when Tom told him about him [Matthew] not being able to live while "Mary walks the earth".

In many ways Tom acted like a brother to Matthew, from the advise about the marriage to bein.g there to support Matthew on his wedding day. (Such that little reassuring tap on Matt's leg when Mary arrived)

I am really looking forwards to more romance this series
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Loved this bromance. It was better than I had expected . They have a really good chemistry together. This pre-wedding drinking scene was one of the best scenes in the episode . Once the supportets' list is created, I want to be added .
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening this thread, and please add me to the list when there is oneXD

I loved it in the episode, that neither of them was "superior" in all to the other. When Tom was trying to fit in Matthew looked like the older brother who has to keep an eye on his brother's temper. But when it came to Mary Tom was the mature one who had to tell him "Hey dude, wake up!".
I really liked this alternation (and the fact that no matter what, they both lost with Violet)

RoseBennett
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I really liked this alternation (and the fact that no matter what, they both lost with Violet)
No one has the last say except the Dowager Countess, I'm afraid.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijou156 (View Post)
TFTNT shi_fs I will be looking forwards to your graphics shi

One of the other highlights of the EP was the blossoming friendship of these twos. The development of their friendship was well written and produced. I think that Matthew's liberal upbringing may have helped him to accept Tom more easily. Tom has always respected Matthew (Fromm s2) I think that Matthew may admire Tom's courage and honesty. What Matthew can easily tell from looking at the Brasons is that they very much in love with each other, happy with each other and treat each other with respect. Matthew understands what's being an outsider in the Crawley family so he can easily understand all what Tom must be going through.

I think that Matthew has to be pleased that he has found someone closer to his age that will know what is like to be married to the "Crawley girls".

I think that Matthew also liked all the honesty and perceptiveness of Tom's , especially when Tom told him about him [Matthew] not being able to live while "Mary walks the earth".

In many ways Tom acted like a brother to Matthew, from the advise about the marriage to bein.g there to support Matthew on his wedding day. (Such that little reassuring tap on Matt's leg when Mary arrived)

I am really looking forwards to more romance this series
I am sort of working on the graphics now whereas I should really be working (did almost nothing today, and had a 20-item to-do list) or sleeping (it's 2am). It's definitely a Downton Day.

What I liked about their interactions was that just having Tom around and the dynamic that was created from the situation brought out a lot of the Matthew of Series 1, which was really lovely to see. And there's some reminder to the fact ar apart. Blurring the lines is such a big theme of apart. Blurring the lines is such a big theme of apart. Blurring the lines is such a big theme of apart. Blurring the lines is such a big theme of the show and those two definitely help play that up.

Also: A list of supporters was created, let me know if you want to be added!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Moderator Manager

You can add me too. And I think you need some rest, Shi.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
You can add me too. And I think you need some rest, Shi.
Rest is for the weak and the unaddicted.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shi_fs (View Post)
I am sort of working on the graphics now whereas I should really be working (did almost nothing today, and had a 20-item to-do list) or sleeping (it's 2am). It's definitely a Downton Day.
What I liked about their interactions was that just having Tom around and the dynamic that was created from the situation brought the Matthew from series 1 which was lovely to see. Blurring the lines is such a big the the show and those twdefinitely help play that up.
Wow, you sound very busy I hope you don't forget to get some rest good luck with getting all the tasks in your to-do list done,
ITA with BIB I think that maybe one of the main recurring themes in this new series
Quote:
I loved it in the episode, that neither of them was "superior" in all to the other. When Tom was trying to fit in Matthew looked like the older brother who has to keep an eye on his brother's temper. But when it came to Mary Tom was the mature one who had to tell him "Hey dude, wake up!". I really liked this alternation (and the fact that no matter what, they both lost with Violet)
I ditto Meggy in this they were indeed equals

Can I please be added to the list, please?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Elite Fan

Can I be added? I think these two are great together and I can't wait to see more of their scenes together.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

I went to bed at midnight and still things cropped up so quickly. Loving this thread! Please add me as a supporter.

Lindsay: Shi's an excellent graphics person. She should be fine with creating them for this thread. I've seen her work on the S/T thread and it is amazing!

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Well she won't be needing my help then. Thanks Scarlet.

Welcome to the thread, Tracie!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I went to bed at midnight and still things cropped up so quickly. Loving this thread! Please add me as a supporter.

Lindsay: Shi's an excellent graphics person. She should be fine with creating them for this thread. I've seen her work on the S/T thread and it is amazing!
Ain't it always the way? I think I'm always terrified of going to bed on an episode's day (or actually any day during the on season) from the fear of having to catch up when I wake up, time difference and all.

Also, supporters are added, and thanks for the compliment! I am half way through creating something nice - my issue as the ones who know me from the S/T thread know, is that I am self-employed with a never-ending task list of things that I get paid for that should be done before I do graphics if I want to pay rent.

I was going through all the Tom / Matthew parts again so I can get caps for the graphics, and Dan and Allen are doing such a great job. Their facial expressions and timing are incredible. i kept chuckling whenever they said something that required giving each other a funny look (which was actually almost in every scene they did).
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the add! I'd probably stay up to the wee hours if I didn't have RL responsibilities like a job and a child. lol. So I know exactly where you're coming from Shi.

Looking forward to what you put together for the OP!

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net