Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

I was very surprised at how quickly M/M resolved in the C/S last year. I half expected that Mary would go off to see Martha in NY and have Matthew chase after her half the season and then S3 end with a wedding.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
I would have been okay with Downton ending after the christmas special. I didn't need a season 3 because for me that was the perfect M/M ending. I think that is why I wasn't as excited for season 3 because I felt and still feel nothing will top that moment. It really was one of the most perfect moments ever.
I'd prefer after 3x01. I need my babies married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I was very surprised at how quickly M/M resolved in the C/S last year. I half expected that Mary would go off to see Martha in NY and have Matthew chase after her half the season and then S3 end with a wedding.
I would've preferred a middle wedding and then baby problems to carry over until CS. So long as there is angst which I love with these two.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'd prefer after 3x01. I need my babies married.
but we didn't see it anyway
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

True dat ^

Though we did see them get to the altar.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Absolute Fan

I take back everything I ever said. Season 3 may have been M/M light but I'd rather have them in small doses than non at all .Mary really is going to be an amazing mother it looked so natural on her.

I'm spoiler free but everywhere I turned you couldn't escape the Dan Stevens leaving rumours but I didn't buy into them until I saw him driving the car alone and then I knew that was it.

I also loved how she said to Matthew I hope I can be your Mary for eternity than anyone else's version. For me that perfectly summed them up. Matthew was Mary's light, hope and optimistic side. He saw beyond her front and had every faith in her and loved her for both the good and bad. He brought out the very best in her and her him.

Without him I fear she is going to withdraw herself and become bitter and dark again. However I am excited for season 4 to see her journey and I hope she is able to keep everything Matthew has taught her but I'm sure it will be a slow process.

I honestly don't want a new love interest and if Tom/Mary become a thing then I will . I want to see a friendship develop nothing more but this is downton so expect a wedding my the end of season 4

Last edited by Kelly2790; 12-26-2012 at 04:59 AM
Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also loved how she said to Matthew I hope I can be your Mary for eternity than anyone else's version. For me that perfectly summed them up. Matthew was Mary's light, hope and optimistic side. He saw beyond her front and had every faith in her and loved her for both the good and bad. He brought out the very best in her and her him.
This made me tear up a bit. I just can't accept this ending. At least not now... I just finished watching the episode and I feel like ....

WHY???

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Everything hurts! Matthew was my fav character.
This season was painful enough with Sybil dying, and now this.
I can't handle this show.

Last edited by zuzoka; 12-26-2012 at 10:06 AM
Old 12-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

I'm gonna miss Matthew very much but i won't miss Dan so i'll be back for S4 and i think Mary will learn how to cope in her own way, she is a strong character and she will endure with grace.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.

Last edited by Sandrinha; 12-26-2012 at 01:02 PM
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Everything hurts right now. This was a Christmas special and it was supposed to be warm & fuzzy but instead we had that car crash in the end. For good measure, we had to see blood trickle down Matthew's head to know that he is dead.

What a difference a year makes! The proposal and then fast forward to this. They waited 8 years to be together and they were only married for almost 1 year (?) and Matthew dies. I'm actually okay with how he died but the parralelism to Sybil's death is not okay with me because it lacked originality, imo. The whole episode was a freaking time bomb for me since I was spoiled. Was Matthew going to die fishing or hunting? Although at the back of my mind I knew that it was probably while driving the car (from the promos) but I still refused to believe it. I didn't have actual tears when he died, I was crying at that scene he was carrying his son and saying those goodbyes to Mary. They have certainly done their duty & saved Downton so now someone has to die.

My only saving hope is the baby. I hope it grows up to look so much like Matthew and have Mary's attitude - I'll be puking rainbows when this happens.

ETA: Kelly, I say this with all the love, but your icon and sig is making me sad that I love it. I hope it makes sense. It's a great shout-out to our beloved ship.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 12-26-2012 at 10:28 PM
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

To all the M/M shippers,

Sincere condolences for your loss. Know that the S/T shippers understand exactly how you feel. Our thoughts are with you at this time.

On behalf of S/T shippers everywhere

Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Master Fan

I believe Mary/Matthew were married about 18months. Still so sad..I kind of expected it though since i heard the rumours of Dan leaving.
I loved Mary/Matthew together and he will be missed. I can't imagine the show without them as a central storyline
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Everything hurts right now. This was a Christmas special and it was supposed to be warm & fuzzy but instead we had that car crash in the end. For good measure, we had to see blood trickle down Matthew's head to know that he is dead.
I hated how they did a shot of his head to make sure we knew for good measure he was gone

Quote:
ETA: Kelly, I say this with all the love, but your icon and sig is making me sad that I love it. I hope it makes sense. It's a great shout-out to our beloved ship.
Thanks, I just had to make an icon and change my signature. M/M is such a beautifully tragic story now. Their journey has been incredible to watch and they have defied the odds that to even spend anytime together at all is remarkable in itself really.

To watch their struggle and growth is something I'd never want to change in spite of their ending. They made each other whole and that is why Mary/Matthew will forever be one of my favorite tv couples of all time.

I found this video which is an incredible telling of their story. Be prepared with tissues

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
To watch their struggle and growth is something I'd never want to change in spite of their ending. They made each other whole and that is why Mary/Matthew will forever be one of my favorite tv couples of all time.
This.

So true.

I'll always cherish M/M S1-S3.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

That vid I'm so sad
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm so angry.