Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
At least her suitors are decent men. Tom Branson fans only get manipulative shrews running after him. There's no nice lady for him on the horizon. Not a single little glimpse of happiness. That's not better, I tell you!
Some of them. I'm not so sure about all of them.

I do hope Tom has better luck though.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, Tom's lovelife has been really lackluster in S4. I hope that improves next season. As for decent, maybe they are but not enough to make me forget about Matthew even until now. Maybe if it was Richard Armitage or Tom Hiddleston instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhog (View Post)
I can understand the whole issue of the entail and I'm glad that Patrick died so M/M could meet. They are my favorite couple. It just bugs me that JF has Mary moving on so fast after Matthew died. Yes I know that she would move on sometime but it wouldn't kill her to let her be single for at least one season.
Exactly. I know that she will re-marry one day but it doesn't have to happen at S4. I'm actually okay with her looking for other 'options' towards the latter part of the season.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Looks like Tom's lovelife may be picking up soon.

last ep. next week I think. Bates seemed a bit irritated with Anna

and rightfully so.

Nice to see Mosely gain some confidence.

I thought Lady Mary conducted herself well in this ep.

I see Violet still treating Isobel like a servant.

She needs to also realize that Cora's mother has the right to visit Downton more often.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. g (View Post)
Looks like Tom's lovelife may be picking up soon.
I don't think so. She's awful.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting the links here, I voted!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think so. She's awful.
She may not be a sweetie like Sybil but she intriques and challenges/ interests him in a different way.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. g (View Post)
She may not be a sweetie like Sybil but she intriques and challenges/ interests him in a different way.
I don't think so. He looks not interested at all. Far from intrigued. SHE is after him, that much is sure, but I doubt very much that he's going to fall in love with her.
IMO she's there to show him where he belongs. And that is not with her.

But we had this discussion a lot here and I don't want to get into it again. You won't find many admirers of Miss Bunting here. Frankly, I don't want to talk about her. I just want her to disappear ASAP.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think so. He looks not interested at all. Far from intrigued. SHE is after him, that much is sure, but I doubt very much that he's going to fall in love with her.
IMO she's there to show him where he belongs. And that is not with her.

But we had this discussion a lot here and I don't want to get into it again. You won't find many admirers of Miss Bunting here. Frankly, I don't want to talk about her. I just want her to disappear ASAP.

Andorra, you don't get to decide what we talk about here, within reason. He was staring after her in the car and your opinion doesn't make it fact or necessarily right, no more or less than anyone elses. And I don't care if you talked about it already, I wasn't here back then.
Even new people to the board have the right to an opinion or discussion.

Also, in no way did I say I admired Ms. Bunting. Why jump to that conclusion? I don't care for her either. Nor do I think the writers will have her disappearing.

Now a question to other posters: do you think the actor playing Tom seems like he's gained a bit of weight from earlier seasons?

Last edited by mrs. g; 02-17-2014 at 02:25 PM
Old 02-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't say you can't talk about Sarah Bunting. I say I won't talk about her any more, because I really hate her and I swear I will stop watching Downton if Tom will ever get together with her.

You're of course free to talk about her as much as you like. I just pointed out there won't be many who are enthusiastic about her. Most hate her just as much as I do and we agreed on another thread to just avoid the topic as a whole, because it just went back and forth.

About Allen gaining weight: He actually trained for the London Marathon while doing Downton and in interviews he looked really fit. He mentioned in a radio interview that he did a lot of weight lifting though, because he wanted to audition of a role as a "warrior" and then didn't get it. He said that was it with the weight lifting for him then and he would just go back to running.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
At least her suitors are decent men. Tom Branson fans only get manipulative shrews running after him. There's no nice lady for him on the horizon. Not a single little glimpse of happiness. That's not better, I tell you!
Well this is true.
I feel like there is a parallel with Tom/Edna and Mary/Pamuk
It's one of the reasons I would like Mary to end up with Tom because she and Tom would understand each other in a way that others don't so there would be a respect between them I don't think that they would get it from other people.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Perhaps it's muscle then, he just looked bigger.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
About Allen gaining weight: He actually trained for the London Marathon while doing Downton and in interviews he looked really fit. He mentioned in a radio interview that he did a lot of weight lifting though, because he wanted to audition of a role as a "warrior" and then didn't get it. He said that was it with the weight lifting for him then and he would just go back to running.
Thanks for the explanation Andorra. I also thought Allen looked bulkier this season compared to past seasons. In a recent interview he looked thinner and especially cute.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Mod reminder: We are free to talk about anything S4 related on this thread. If you don't agree, MOVE ON. We don't need to continue to prove a point to the other poster because there is no right or wrong here. Say your opinion, that's it. No need to tell off another poster for it.

Because I notice this happens in some of the threads everytime the subject of Sarah Bunting comes up, I'm thinking of possibly giving out warnings & further escalate to management if this continues on.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Mod reminder: We are free to talk about anything S4 related on this thread. If you don't agree, MOVE ON. We don't need to continue to prove a point to the other poster because there is no right or wrong here. Say your opinion, that's it. No need to tell off another poster for it.

Because I notice this happens in some of the threads everytime the subject of Sarah Bunting comes up, I'm thinking of possibly giving out warnings & further escalate to management if this continues on.
Thanks, Lindsay
Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Garden of Tempest: Where did Downton Abbey go wrong in series 4?

Sums up so perfectly many of my feelings about S4 and the characters. Nice gifs too.