Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren60 (View Post)
2) Violet tells Mary she must choose either death or life (Episode 1)

4) Carson tells Mary she is strong enough for the task (Episode 1)

5) Bates tells Anna he knows what happened (UK Ep5/US Ep4)

6) Isobel, Mary and Tom share their engagement memories (UK Ep6/US Ep5)

7) Edith and Mr. Drewe devise a plan (UK Ep9/US Ep8)

8) Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes bond at the beach (UK Ep9/US Ep8)

9) Mrs. Hughes confronts Mr. Green (UK7/US6)

12) Mary tells Carson that he has overstepped the mark (Episode 1)

13) Tom Branson asks for Mr. Carson’s help with Mary (Episode 1)
These were my favorite scenes as well but I bolded the part where I would think to include in my list too. So I'm thinking of other scenes to choose from that isn't on your list though that would fall on the 11-20 category for me.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's my number one favorite scene of S4. I'm sure everyone has been anxiously waiting to find out what it is. Hello? Hello? Anyone out there?

1) Mary asks Tony for a favor during their London luncheon (UK Ep8/US Ep7)

The Scene:
Mary and Tony are dining in a restaurant. Tony tells Mary he’ll sack Green if she insists but she should tell him why, it’s only fair. Mary says she can’t but that Green has done something he’d find abhorrent. Tony sighs and tells Mary that she’s won but it does seem mean even if he doesn’t like Green very much.

Mary: “You wouldn’t think it mean if you knew the truth.”
Tony: “Well, I believe you. I love you and I believe you.”
Mary: “Have you spoken to Mabel?”
Tony: “I have but I wasn’t going to bring it up.”
Mary: “Why not?”
Tony: “I don’t want to twist your arm and I know that you won’t make a decision until it suits you.”

Mary asks him how Mabel took it and he says the answer is with real style. Mary says she’s glad and asks Tony to get the bill. She’s terribly late and she must catch the last train. It’s the church bazaar tomorrow.

Tony: “I won’t give up Mary. Not until you walk down the aisle with another man and, uh, very possibly not even then.”
Mary: “I find that both irritating and beguiling in equal measure.”
Tony: “Should I take comfort from that?”
Mary: “Take what you like. I’m going.”

Tony goes over and helps Mary with her chair as she gets up to leave. She tells him to do what she’s asked with Green and to please let her know when he’s done it. She touches Tony’s hand as she walks by him to leave.

Why I loved it:
Mary and Tony were the highlight of S4 for me and this is by far my favorite Mary/Tony scene. It is just a gorgeous scene. The location is gorgeous. Mary is gorgeous. Tony is gorgeous. They are feisty and flirty and their attraction to each other is unmistakable. It was nice to see Tony challenge Mary about why he should fire Green. He’s usually quite the puppy where she’s concerned so it was nice to see him show some feistiness. In the end he agrees to sack Green because he believes Mary. Tony is so unbelievably cute when he says “I love you and I believe you.” I love that smile! Mary doesn’t comment directly on his declaration of love but instead asks him if he’s spoken to Mabel. By asking him that, Mary reveals her true interest in Tony’s situation. She wants to know if he’s free of his commitment to Mabel. Tony says he wasn’t going to bring the subject up because he doesn’t want to twist her arm. It appears he’s decided to back off some and give Mary the time and space she needs. He’s now free to wait for her. The scene turns totally flirty as Tony says he won’t give up and teasingly says very possibly not even after she walks down the aisle with another man. The way they smile at each other is pure magic and their chemistry is off the charts. The icing on the cake is when Mary touches Tony’s hand as she’s leaving. They'd been flirting, he said he loves her, he called off his engagement, he's doing her this favor without knowing exactly why….she's so attracted to him that she just had to touch him. There’s so much to love about this scene with my favorite couple looking gorgeous, flirting and growing closer. Loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it!

Tony is so unbelievably cute here...

Loved the flirting...

X

Mary just couldn't resist...

X

There you have it. The countdown is over. I really enjoyed posting my favorites list. Season four had some great moments for sure. I have no doubt my list doesn't match anyone else's out there but that's what makes it fun. Downton appeals to so many people for different reasons. It's an unbelievable show and such a joy to watch. I'm so looking forward to season five.

Last edited by Lauren60; 07-04-2014 at 09:33 PM
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this scene very much, too. It was the scene where I started shipping Mary and Tony a bit, because I thought there was so much attraction and chemistry. I also loved Tony in that scene.

Thank you for telling us your favourite scenes, it has been a real pleasure to read your postings!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Moderator Manager

I'll have to continue doing mine soon. I'll be busy the coming weekends so my online time will be limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren60 (View Post)
Here's my number one favorite scene of S4. I'm sure everyone has been anxiously waiting to find out what it is. Hello? Hello? Anyone out there?

1) Mary asks Tony for a favor during their London luncheon (UK Ep8/US Ep7)
I knew it! As I know how much you like Mary & Tony I was expecting that your favorite scene would be with them. Thanks for taking the time out to do this, Lauren. I really enjoyed your favorite moments on the show.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I knew it! As I know how much you like Mary & Tony I was expecting that your favorite scene would be with them. Thanks for taking the time out to do this, Lauren. I really enjoyed your favorite moments on the show.
Yes it probably wasn't too difficult to guess who would be in my favorite scene. . I did well to have only two Mary/Tony scenes on my list. I could easily have put a couple more on there but I wanted my list to be diverse. It was fun but it ended up taking way more time than I thought it would. Apparently I'm adverse to writing short posts. When DA is done for good, we should do an all time favorite scenes list. Now that would be a tough one to get down to only ten or in my case lucky thirteen. Hopefully we won't need to even think about that for a few more years!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Did you have another favorite scene who you think could be your #1 moment for S4? Or was it really that Mary/Tony scene?

Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Did you have another favorite scene who you think could be your #1 moment for S4? Or was it really that Mary/Tony scene?
The scene of Mary and Tony at their London luncheon was definitely my number one S4 favorite. Their storyline was my favorite and this was by far their best scene for me. I can't think of any other scene I would have as my number one favorite.

I don't think the scene lasted even two minutes. It amazes me the work that was put into this scene for just a minute plus of air time. The setting isn't normally a restaurant so they had to do all of that setup to make it look like one. It was such a beautiful scene. Whoever looks for their filming locations did a superb job finding this one!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Moderator Manager

True, the scene was just quick and short but they put in a lot of effort to do it. I have to say that it's one of my fave Mary/Tony scenes as well. Mary looked so pretty and Tony looked handsome.

We should probably do our least favorite SLs as well if you're all up for it.